Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

cleared my rear end. i bet that mf made that poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I'm inclined to think town role block would have claimed by now. I think IP is cleared basically. I'm most interested in Mona, DB, and RF because of their weirdness about night actions.

However Mona actually wanted to play D1 so I would say they're pretty town looking in the scale of things.

No YOU'RE being weird about night actions :colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

No one tbh. I'm getting feelers out there

I will say, that asserting that as factual when you did doesn't look good to me.

poo poo or get off the pot.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I'm inclined to think town role block would have claimed by now. I think IP is cleared basically. I'm most interested in Mona, DB, and RF because of their weirdness about night actions.

However Mona actually wanted to play D1 so I would say they're pretty town looking in the scale of things.

I think I agree more than I don't with your take on IP, since we would presume there is a killing mafia and a role locking mafia, and IP is unlikely to be either with this occurrence.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

If anyone wants reasons, I got my reasons pal

????

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

poo poo or get off the pot.

Its d2 in a bus game with 8 players left alive. I suppose the scale makes that ok, but like are you saying yeah I should vote you for this or leave it alone entirely.

That dogmatic approach is really kind of silly and counter productive?

I mean I'll part my buttocks and let loose the hounds of war... sure.

##vote keane

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

fwiw I'm gonna try and do some quick reading sometime today but it probably won't come until way closer to deadline. Work's killin me rn, but I -do- want to actually play mafia here so I guess I'll poke people when I wake up from my post-work sleep.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AA's vote on you earlier was disingenuous as heck imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

AA's vote on you earlier was disingenuous as heck imo

Yeah it was an obvious joke vote lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah for real though

:thunk:

cave swallowing vampire bus.

##vote gulag

TAKE NO CHANCES BEEP BEEP

This is what you’re calling disingenuous, DB? Enough to vote AA over, and refuse to explain for like 2 days?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hum died, bus 37.

Keane I believe mentioned that bus number has something to do with action priority.

That demonstrates knowledge that the average town player doesn't have, unless it was just a connective leap in logic.

Probably not true, but if it is...

No one tbh. I'm getting feelers out there

I will say, that asserting that as factual when you did doesn't look good to me.

Its d2 in a bus game with 8 players left alive. I suppose the scale makes that ok, but like are you saying yeah I should vote you for this or leave it alone entirely.

That dogmatic approach is really kind of silly and counter productive?

I mean I'll part my buttocks and let loose the hounds of war... sure.

##vote keane

AA, even when voting me, refuses to commit and is wishy washy in his statements. This is scummy because it feels like he is trying to see if anybody else will bite before committing to the vote, and he's left himself enough room to say "well I said I wasn't sure!" if I am executed.

A scummy poster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hi I'm going to claim because

Toalpaz posted:

I don't like this post. It's defending/clearing someone (me) who's been under absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever. I think Toal wants to look smart/townie for clearing me ahead of time if I turn up dead tomorrow.

I'm not a bus driver. I'm a traffic cop. I can investigate someone every night to determine if they are a BUS DRIVER or NOT BUS DRIVER. The important part of that action is that it can't be redirected. So last night even though basically everyone redirected Monathin, I would have gotten an accurate result on him had I not been (I assume) blocked.

Anyway I wanted to get that out there because I can still be moved around by buses and I was a little paranoid that if Toal is scum then they had sussed out that there was a reason for me not claiming what my failed action was, leading to the above post.

##vote toalpaz

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Hi I'm going to claim because

I don't like this post. It's defending/clearing someone (me) who's been under absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever. I think Toal wants to look smart/townie for clearing me ahead of time if I turn up dead tomorrow.

I'm not a bus driver. I'm a traffic cop. I can investigate someone every night to determine if they are a BUS DRIVER or NOT BUS DRIVER. The important part of that action is that it can't be redirected. So last night even though basically everyone redirected Monathin, I would have gotten an accurate result on him had I not been (I assume) blocked.

Anyway I wanted to get that out there because I can still be moved around by buses and I was a little paranoid that if Toal is scum then they had sussed out that there was a reason for me not claiming what my failed action was, leading to the above post.

##vote toalpaz

I'm on board.

##vote toalpez

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would still like to know if someone redirected Humalong but I have a feeling Humalong redirected Humalong and I am in fact extremely chasing nothing.

I could see a Toal/AA scumteam. AA's whole thing w/Keane was kind of weird cause I have never known them to be a hesitant voter.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I just got home and am about to lay down so I would like some more time before I plunk down a vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Lol IP, I just stated something that was likely. Not to appear smart. Judging by your reaction you probably did the night kill and are going to use this as an excuse to hide all game. I don't believe your role.

##vote ip

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Let me add that those are some strange leaps in logic and I don't think that thinking comes from the town perspective.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Let me add that those are some strange leaps in logic and I don't think that thinking comes from the town perspective.

so you admit to being scum then :thunk:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Lol IP, I just stated something that was likely. Not to appear smart. Judging by your reaction you probably did the night kill and are going to use this as an excuse to hide all game. I don't believe your role.

##vote ip

Right then ##Vote toal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

##vote ip

Can you expand on this thinking?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Can you expand on this thinking?

IP is claiming a non standard (non busdrive) role and that he was targeted by a non standard role, which is bad and unlikely IMO. It seems like a play scum would make up.

Cop is a very useful claim for scum, especially with a game this size, because they can use it to dominate discussion and hide their actions.

I think it's more likely to me that IP is aggressively pushing town to ensure that the lunch isn't on scum.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that I've scum who's somehow deduced a town power role at that point and that the best option is for IP to claim there. So I also think IP's thinking is scummy.

I don't think that saying someone looks unlikely to be scum is fake content or fake participation. I included people who I thought were scummy there too. DB for doubling up on someone elses busdrive (thus making it look neutral) seems suspect. Mona bringing up something then dropping it is weird. But this play is something I don't get.

I know I'm town so it strikes me as someone who's jumping through hoops to make a thing happen. I don't understand that play as towny, so I think it's scummy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

As an aside one day one I'd like to participate in the game of mafia without immediately having everything I say regarded as scummy or out there or crazy. Because holy poo poo.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

As an aside one day one I'd like to participate in the game of mafia without immediately having everything I say regarded as scummy or out there or crazy. Because holy poo poo.

I guess it's day 2 but still lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In a small game I think claiming early is valuable if you have reasoning for it. If there's 2 scum (I think that's a fair assumption in a nine player game) then we're only two days from lylo, assuming we don't no-lynch anymore.

It's also easier to protect me (assuming scum don't have a similar power that goes through redirects) without worrying about the protector being found out, unless my failed action was the result of a town action (unlikely at this point), because, shockingly, there seem to be a lot of drivers.

Also

Toalpaz posted:

IP is claiming a non standard (non busdrive) role

fair, but it would be silly to just have everyone be a busdriver and expect the game to work at all so there are going to be some roles

Toalpaz posted:

and that he was targeted by a non standard role, which is bad and unlikely IMO

bad logic imo, why would scum also be bus drivers in a setup like this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would expect there to be power roles other than bus driver since I cannot decline to use my ability.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

In a small game I think claiming early is valuable if you have reasoning for it. If there's 2 scum (I think that's a fair assumption in a nine player game) then we're only two days from lylo, assuming we don't no-lynch anymore.

It's also easier to protect me (assuming scum don't have a similar power that goes through redirects) without worrying about the protector being found out, unless my failed action was the result of a town action (unlikely at this point), because, shockingly, there seem to be a lot of drivers.

It also ensures if you're comfortable NKing yourself that the busdrive will take it to someone who's not scum most likely.

IcePhoenix posted:

fair, but it would be silly to just have everyone be a busdriver and expect the game to work at all so there are going to be some roles

bad logic imo, why would scum also be bus drivers in a setup like this?

Yes. I, a busdriver, is accusing you, not a busdriver, of lying about being targeted by scum by another non-standard role in order to set up a fake claim.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think that its impossible for there to be other town roles. I'm saying that IP is weaponizing his role already to somehow suggest that it's shady that I said he's unlikely to be scum prior to his claim. I think he claimed in a very scummy way and that it's also unlikely that he was targeted by RB and is also a cop.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you assume two scum, a one in six chance (or two in seven if you count the kill) isn't that unlikely

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah for real though

This is what you’re calling disingenuous, DB? Enough to vote AA over, and refuse to explain for like 2 days?

I'm doing a terrible job at mafia rn gotta be honest. Catching up now

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Caught up and I disagree with toalpaz about role stuff because I agree with Keane about role stuff

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

Caught up and I disagree with toalpaz about role stuff because I agree with Keane about role stuff

look let's test something. We should at least confirm bus numbers.

I doubt the bus number dictates priority. I could see it, but I doubt it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
unless I just got boned and ended up with a lovely low tier number.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Back from the store. Who's dying boys

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm gonna be just getting off a flight at deadline, I dont know who to vote, I'm scared

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have to go into airplane mode now or I might die so....

##vote toal to avoid no lunch.

Scum kill me plz and thank you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

I would still like to know if someone redirected Humalong but I have a feeling Humalong redirected Humalong and I am in fact extremely chasing nothing.

I could see a Toal/AA scumteam. AA's whole thing w/Keane was kind of weird cause I have never known them to be a hesitant voter.

Made up meta take.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rip me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have to go into airplane mode now or I might die so....

##vote toal to avoid no lunch.

Scum kill me plz and thank you.

Let's all take this opportunity to mock DB.

I hear DB has poor taste in hats!!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

back from the store again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

anything you'd like to say before i execute you