Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

why is that three separate images you cretin?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
because that's how they're done on Frinkiac?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

theflyingexecutive posted:

why is that three separate images you cretin?

listen, there are three ways to do things.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the right way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the wrong way.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the fourth way

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the right way, the wrong way, and the highway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
three ways labeled 1, 2, and 4

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

that's just permission bits

r - right
w - wrong
x - extrawrong

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Grace Baiting posted:

that's just permission bits

r - right
w - wrong
x - x gonna give it to ya

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Guy Axlerod posted:

We just had chatgpt got "approved" but you can't put any private data into it, or use any code or images generated by Ai tools. I'm not sure why it was approved at all.

we got a key from OpenAI that keeps our histories from being included in their training, so weíre unironically all good

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rwx gonna give it to ya was my watch dogs character name

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

we got a key from OpenAI that keeps our histories from being included in their training, so weíre unironically all good

or at least that's what chatgpt said when you asked it if they were saving your stuff :tinfoil:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

or at least that's what chatgpt said when you asked it if they were saving your stuff :tinfoil:
yeah i wouldn't trust any legal data-sharing agreements with openai sticking to their scope...

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
all this talk of sub life you all have it so wrong. sub life sucks and anyone who tells you different is wroooooong

the only good thing was fresh baked bread and cookies but I was a fat kid trying to lose weight so I didnít even eat the good stuff.

gently caress subs and gently caress submariners they ruined my life

edit: and yeah on my boat you could just plug whatever into Ethernet ports and people did indeed play Diablo 2 on the ships network.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

and that was before elon tried to get involved!

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

I'm about to graduate from a degree in Cyber Security but like 70% of my classes have just been ACLs Group Policy and BitLocker :sweatdrop:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MagpieConcept posted:

I'm about to graduate from a degree in Cyber Security but like 70% of my classes have just been ACLs Group Policy and BitLocker :sweatdrop:

thatís 70% of cybersecurity

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

fair enough

i was also really looking forward to the Linux class but then we just ssh'd into a server instead of using a linux VM like the previous professor did :( aww.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I still think it's weird to have collegiate level programs that are IT or Security that teach that stuff, but I guess it's not that different than digital logic classes and Atmel being the implementation and practice.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

actually securing Active Directory is probably a masterís on its own lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

MagpieConcept posted:

yeah guess what's going to be most of your career lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

anyway at my new infosec job i'm finally onboarded enough to start making my first Security Product, i hope u all like it

turns out even though nobody i've asked from this thread in DM's seems to have heard of the company, y'all definitely know a bunch of the companies that white label our poo poo or use our middleware so lol

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got like halfway thru a cybersecurity masters and it was just basically cissp stuff lol. tbh the only reason I was doing it was for the gi bill free money but it turned out to be more of a hassle because I donít wanna write papers on imaginary poo poo, got real poo poo to write papers about

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

actually securing Active Directory is probably a masterís on its own lol

easy, just use azure ad bing bong problem solved.

here in AU it's great because microsoft have had 365 and azure IRAP assessed up to SECRET clearance so you can use it and just point at microsoft when the assessors ask.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

here in AU it's great because microsoft have had 365 and azure IRAP assessed up to SECRET clearance so you can use it and just point at microsoft when the assessors ask.

you mean entra id

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

microsoft'd again!!!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

lol && lmao

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

half joking there. like obviously it's not a magic fix but for a greenfield environment it sure is loving great not having to worry about any domain controllers.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drat, shaggared again

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
I just got my first gift card scam text so I decided to play along. I sent them goatse when they asked for photos of the cards. I know itís an old reference but drat it was satisfying

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Hed posted:

I still think it's weird to have collegiate level programs that are IT or Security that teach that stuff, but I guess it's not that different than digital logic classes and Atmel being the implementation and practice.

yeah, it's really weird to me too. it's not material that's suitable for an institution of higher learning, it's more of a trade school thing. which is fine, but colleges/universities and trade schools are different things.

[ask] me about my serious feelings re: academia. i have a lot of them!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

stoopidmunkey posted:

I just got my first gift card scam text so I decided to play along. I sent them goatse when they asked for photos of the cards. I know itís an old reference but drat it was satisfying

well that was dumb

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

yeah guess what's going to be most of your career lol

writing documentation?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

some dickhead just sent me goatse

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Achmed Jones posted:

well that was dumb

thatís why I posted in the fuckup thread. I am the fuckup

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

post hole digger posted:

writing documentation?

the design i wrote for our new secure environment that was IRAP assessed for OFFICIAL: Sensitive ended up at 290 pages and 70k words.

pretty sure the only person who ever has or will read it is the IRAP assessor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

some dickhead just sent me goatse
Kirk's pride can't possibly come as a surprise to you in the year 2023.