Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

If we ever needed more reason to never give PSA a penny,

https://twitter.com/LatinoRifleOrg/status/1295847862274678784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

Some friends and I used to joke that you could make any sentence awful by adding "Dad" to the end of it.

Wait for it...

5er posted:

I have got to stop accidentally posting in the wrong drat threads, Dad!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

tarlibone posted:

Wait for it... Dad!

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Got any more info than the tweet on that? Did a quick googling and I've not found the doxxing bit yet

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

They CC'd when they should have BCC'd.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Thanks, I found it on reddit and yeah that's what it looks like. The way the tweet read I was wondering if there was some hard gently caress California people line they had drawn, but nah they just did a dumb email fuckup that left the email addresses visible to the others on the list. It amazes me how little effort companies take towards protecting/limiting emails outside of the company but I guess budget gun distributor out of SC wouldn't be high on my list of massively tech savvy companies.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

PeterCat posted:

I'm middle-middle west and anything that you can work on is humanized in a way that plain tools aren't. Usually when working on an old car/motorcycle/gun you'll hear "that one was bitch to work on" and "oh you bastard." So it goes both ways.

Stephen King talks about this in Christine, how everything is feminized and men have the magic curse words to use while working on something.

Same, and I'm much more likely to refer to anything I'm working on in the masculine sense because I'd feel vaguely ashamed for the names I call them otherwise thanks to social expectations.

"Ratfucking piece of poo poo" is rarely a term of respect.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

L0cke17 posted:

What's worse, calling your rifle "Sheila" or calling your rifle "galil-chan"? Asking for a friend.

“Waifu who take a life-u”

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Galil Debbie is only slightly acceptable and that's because it's a snack cake.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

DeesGrandpa posted:

Thanks, I found it on reddit and yeah that's what it looks like. The way the tweet read I was wondering if there was some hard gently caress California people line they had drawn, but nah they just did a dumb email fuckup that left the email addresses visible to the others on the list. It amazes me how little effort companies take towards protecting/limiting emails outside of the company but I guess budget gun distributor out of SC wouldn't be high on my list of massively tech savvy companies.

It's pretty on brand for them. Literally the only time I have ever had a fraud attempt / warning was after a purchase I made from them. Given the tons of other reports of the same over years, they just do not care at all about digital security. I am surprised their website etc isn't always hacked to poo poo as well.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

So PSA continues to have CC issues?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I think PSA has good deals because they skimp out on a good IT department.

bausOfSauce
Nov 5, 2005
master of string cheese

Android Apocalypse posted:

That's one of my favorite jokes from this semi-serious review of PSA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpiDXntOt4

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

Gritty's gonna cut you.

DeesGrandpa posted:

I’ve seen it done by Government bodies sending out info to parents whose kids have IEPs...so this is not surprising at all. Honestly this strikes me as more oops then oof. Still not a good look.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well and shipping too, but I seem to recall they put a new person in charge of there after Sandy Hook.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’ve seen it done by Government bodies sending out info to parents whose kids have IEPs...so this is not surprising at all. Honestly this strikes me as more oops then oof.

Yeah absolutely

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

tarlibone posted:

In one TFB video I saw about Top 5 Rifles for something I can't remember, maybe home defense or something else, one of the top choices was the Mini-14. Why? Because it's an AR-15 for people who are too much of a pussy to get an AR-15.

So if nothing else, there's a certain amount of muscle-headed "YOU EVEN GUN, BRO??" vibe.

TFB TV stopped being good the moment Alex C walked away.

TCD posted:

Any thoughts on 9 Hole Review?

They have an endorsement from Ian McCollum in one of this videos, so clearly there's something there, there. (A good "there", I mean.)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ZarathustraFollower posted:

What about C&Rsenal? I've watched a couple of their vids and they seemed ok?
Othais and Mae are cool people off camera as well.

To add to the list of cool guntubers:
Bloke On The Range
Mark Novak (used to be part of C&Rsenal but has split off into his own channel for youtube-shenanigan reasons)
Sapper Gentleman

How's 22plinkster? He seems pretty chill.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Collateral Damage posted:

How's 22plinkster? He seems pretty chill.

He's one of Henry's official spokespeople on their YouTube channel and Henry has all the Trump edition stuff going on. Its a relationship that makes me asks questions.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I've never seen 22 Plinkster hawk any Trump stuff. Like, at all. In fact, you really have to look if you want to find any Henry content at all in his videos. So, while he may be one of their spokesmen, it doesn't seem to creep into his YouTube activities.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Yeah, I'm not gonna necessarily condemn a dude for taking Henry's money so long as he doesn't push their lovely messaging. Obviously subject to change, but I don't think "kinda associated with Henry" is enough to look askance at someone.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Syrian Lannister posted:

In 90 we were told to name our rifles. Thanks Army.

in early 2000s we were told to name ours after "the one that got away" because I guess that instructor was especially damaged. It meant we had a few boy rifles, though there was one guy who had a girl rifle and boy bolt

Loan Dusty Road posted:

So PSA continues to have CC issues?

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

"Trombley, if you keep talking to your weapon like it's trim, everyone's gonna know you're a total psycho"

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

I will never agree with the notion that I should not have named my Luger.

Edward James Olmos is a perfect name for it and you all know it.

McNally fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 22, 2020

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Don't you mean Husker?

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

McNally posted:

do love that luger.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

McNally posted:

Context is super important, as ever and always. Perfect, btw.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

McNally posted:

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

Something something that's not a Smith & Wesson.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/

Ammo suppy warehouse is using a bunch of totenkophs in their banner ads

and stickers they sell

https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/east/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_309&products_id=29577

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

I bought some ammo from that guy to shoot in nevada on a trip years ago and he lives out in the middle of nowhere outside what is already middle of nowhere nevada in a fenced off compound full of connexes which I assume are full of ammo. What I'm saying is sadly I'm not surprised.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I like to give people the benefit of doubt, but that's a pretty big yikes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Here's a screenshot if you don't want to give them traffic:

"...styled this one after the TOUGHEST skull and bones designs ever!!!"

So yeah they absolutely loving knew what they're doing here.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

I googled the artist they name drop - Jimmy Coffin and yeah... We've got some grade A poo poo bags over here.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Oh. Ok. Straight up Nazis.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, that's just nazi as gently caress.

If anyone's in doubt, here's a close up of one that's on an SS cap. The little silver line and black felt looking background is because, you know, hat.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

hmmm

Yeah. BIG pass. gently caress em.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

I emailed them about it just to be sure

Yep they're nazis