Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph posted:

i got the flu two years ago and its was 5 1/2 days of misery, i got a flu shot last year and it wrecked me for 3 days but i did not get the flu

gonna get re-vacc'd the 2nd week of october

same. i couldn’t even stand up for three days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I fuckin' give the flu shot :smugmrgw:

the people upstairs are trying hard to allow us to give MMR because NZ is close to losing its "measles free" status

and you'll never guess why :argh:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

I fuckin' give the flu shot :smugmrgw:

the people upstairs are trying hard to allow us to give MMR because NZ is close to losing its "measles free" status

and you'll never guess why :argh:

is it because of measles?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i mean like, why are we having outbreaks??

lack of vaxxing :argh:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
it is gods will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
best thing about measles is that it actually attacks the immune cells that remember immunity to other things and can create “immunity amnesia”. this is only new news to me for whatever reason

I am angry about antivax

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is the best "antivax" video, nevermind the handful of really dumb comments:
https://youtu.be/NPNHYAevTwg

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

given my mom’s weirdness on medical care in general i should probably make sure that my MMR vaccine is actually active because i wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she skipped it in the 90s with some goofball justification

I’ve had clinically severe asthma since i was a tot and she’d do everything she could to get me off of corticosteroids and uh...hm I wonder why I spent so much time in the er :thunk:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

> le me, le herpin & derpin on my way to get le flu shotte

rotor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

too soon?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my back hurts today from not exercising enough

this of course feels completely different from when my back hurts from exercising too much

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i was shown the gutter content of Tik Tok for the first time tonight, and i fear i've turned full ray smuckles how come you kids are so god damned stupid every single second of the god damned day

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

i was shown the gutter content of Tik Tok for the first time tonight, and i fear i've turned full ray smuckles how come you kids are so god damned stupid every single second of the god damned day

I think about this a lot

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just bought an mx ergo because my wrist is starting to die. geriatric AF!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

pram posted:

Hells yeah.

:corsair::hf::corsair:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

woo nice trackballing

I switched to the elecom pro after deciding resoldering switches for my old logitech trackman wireless wasnt worth the time and costs. i feel pretty glad to see it last long enough to be discontinued and join the ranks of septuple priced 1 in stock amazon trackballs of yore

the thumb ones are hard for me to use though and the mouse bounces around like i have a sudden bout of thumb tremors

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

woo nice trackballing

I switched to the elecom pro after deciding resoldering switches for my old logitech trackman wireless wasnt worth the time and costs. i feel pretty glad to see it last long enough to be discontinued and join the ranks of septuple priced 1 in stock amazon trackballs of yore

the thumb ones are hard for me to use though and the mouse bounces around like i have a sudden bout of thumb tremors

kensington expert mouse, my man

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pram posted:

looks like a piece of poo poo, op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

kensington expert mouse, my man

i was soooo close. it might either be my next one or a second one for work

that scroll wheel looks amazing to use. for a bit when i was deciding on a new one i used my trackman marble and the lack of wheel was frustrating

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gentle Autist posted:

turn on your monitor

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I don't get the flu shot because it is a great way to loose weight or die. It is a win win!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i don’t think the flu shot does that mate

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

i was soooo close. it might either be my next one or a second one for work

that scroll wheel looks amazing to use. for a bit when i was deciding on a new one i used my trackman marble and the lack of wheel was frustrating

the scroll wheel is amazing

my only complaint about the kensington is that it's a pain to clean. (but i guess that's true of all trackballs, isn't it?)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

:pram:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the scroll wheel is amazing

my only complaint about the kensington is that it's a pain to clean. (but i guess that's true of all trackballs, isn't it?)

cleaning balls is difficult, especially getting all the hair out

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

cleaning balls is difficult, especially getting all the hair out

just wax that poo poo. or nair if you're into some burning pain rather than ripping.

better than shaving, i cut my balls so many times before i said gently caress it and gave up on the thought

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I have a couple evoluent mice and they're fine, particularly combined with a kinesis. I haven't really found the need to go full trackball

I got a couple nice humanscale keyboard trays a few weeks back and now my wrists arent popping anymore, its great.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DiggityDoink posted:

just wax that poo poo. or nair if you're into some burning pain rather than ripping.

better than shaving, i cut my balls so many times before i said gently caress it and gave up on the thought

it's supposed to hurt; what do you think the "t" stands for?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I've started getting heartburn when I sleep. This is cutting into my preferred hobby (sleeping).

:corsair:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

I've started getting heartburn when I sleep. This is cutting into my preferred hobby (sleeping).

ask your doctor about tecta

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think it's probably a stasis thing. I ate like a pig and hosed up my stomach earlier this week and now my poor 'ol tum-tum is playing catch-up and punishing me for it.

I'll take a look at Prilosec or whatever.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

ask your doctor about tecta

i got something called a linx device installed. solved that issue for me!

recovery sucked horribly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i think sleeping with a slight elevation helps, too. im a side sleeper so being propped up is a real frustration

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when i bought a new mattress recently the special of the day was an adjustable base. i think if you suffer from reflux at night and have the money for it, that's a real good option to consider. you can get wedge pillows but they are always kind of awkward imo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

i think sleeping with a slight elevation helps, too. im a side sleeper so being propped up is a real frustration

:same:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if this is a recent thing though just have some normal antacids (gaviscone or whatever) on your bedside table, your stomach will likely figure itself out again (and potentially quicker the less of the likes of omeprazole you go in for)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
BORAT VOICE MY WIFE suggested it might be a hernia (the fat gut kind, not the balls kind) and I think she's probably right.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

BORAT VOICE MY WIFE suggested it might be a hernia (the fat gut kind, not the balls kind) and I think she's probably right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH5a-deHquc

pram
Jun 10, 2001
grats on being so fat you got a hernia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pram stop fat shaming