Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was born ten years after the beatles broke up

my youngest was born ten years after limp bizkit released significant other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah a few months back I went to a synthwave night with a couple buds and despite being the oldest there probably by about double the music was chill and the venue was 8pm-11pm. There is a followup night tonight but it starts at 11pm and goes on to 3am in an actual nightclub, I have to pass.

the last time i tried to go ot a show the headliner started at 12:30 am and i... did not make it.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

nah more like they're just shrugging, meaning they just don't really care about the arguments, they're just gonna believe what they believe

yeah, they believe it's a net bad for society, so think keeping it illegal will be a net benefit

cracks me up the amount of people who ask my opinion on the matter. like why would my opinion matter? oh yeah that's right because unlike the person asking for the opinion, I'm actually qualified to have real meaningful and nuanced opinions. but honestly they don't give a poo poo about what I think, I think they assume I'll be against it (against legalisation that is), and just tell me they don't want people coming to work stoned. I make some comment about how a) they can do it already b) do people tend to come to work drunk and c) if they came to work either stoned or drunk, they'd certainly lose their job on the spot.. but still, their point stands they think :rolleyes:

“hey this guy knows about this stuff surely his opinion will match my own, which I came up with in a few seconds based on an emotional instinct. what it doesn’t!!!! he’s an idiot elitist!”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the last time i tried to go ot a show the headliner started at 12:30 am and i... did not make it.

your old

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
youngest member of my team was born in 1996...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

i was born ten years after the beatles broke up

i was born eight years before john lennon died

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i was born in 1986 and i registered at this pit of hell when i was 15 lol

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

pram posted:

i was born in 1986 and i registered at this pit of hell when i was 15 lol

pfft. youngun *ruffles your hair a little too aggressively*

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I somehow have two rare autoimmune disorders. I think I made some mistakes when choosing this character's build.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

t-shirts old enough to buy liquor

i have a windows xp launch shirt; it's not quite old enough to drink yet but it can vote in the next election

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I highly value my sleep due to past trauma. do not intrude upon my bedtime. I will destroy you in small and insidious ways :^)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

tell that to my cats who insist i wake up at 530am

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i hit 32 and i couldn’t sleep through bright light hitting my eyes

sleep mask solved that problem

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

minivanmegafun posted:

i hit 32 and i couldn’t sleep through bright light hitting my eyes

sleep mask solved that problem

bucky 40blinks changed my loving life

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

graph posted:

is that slang for some kind of drug?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

prefect posted:

is that slang for some kind of drug?

had to google but it looks like a brand: https://bucky.com/collections/40-blinks-sleep-mask

:)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

yeah same, especially now where i have to snag an afternoon nap on weekend days due to having a 2 yo

i think you turned me onto the brand, so, thanks again graph

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

I got one of these and my wife said "It looks like a bra for your eyes" and I just can't get over that

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

I got one of these and my wife said "It looks like a bra for your eyes" and I just can't get over that
sounds like you’re wearing it inside out

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

well babe i got eye titties but i sleep better!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

please, we call them face bosoms

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have carpal tunnel problems

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WrenP-Complete posted:

I somehow have two rare autoimmune disorders. I think I made some mistakes when choosing this character's build.

lol... i think?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

rotor posted:

on the website it even says it's like a bra for you're eyes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DiggityDoink posted:

does it push your eyeballs up?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

if it's a bra for your eyes, could you use your wife's boobs to block the light instead?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

if it's a bra for your eyes, could you use your wife's boobs to block the light instead?

it might be uncomfortable for your wife but i'd love to sleep eyes deep in some baps

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

echinopsis posted:

lol... i think?

Big Mood

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop: mate :sterv: :sympathy:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DiggityDoink posted:

lifts & separates

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

needing a eye bra when I work out to stop my eyes from bouncing around painfully

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
When your eyes read too many yos posts to be perky anymore

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

rotor posted:

needing a eye bra when I work out to stop my eyes from bouncing around painfully

to someone gawking at my eyes jiggling: hey buddy my eyes are Right Here *points to eyes*

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I already wear a bra for my boobs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY NIGHT I SETTLE DOWN FOR BED AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SLEEP MASK INTO MY FACE. IT’S A BUCKY 40 BLINKS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START HAVING A WONDERFUL, RESTORATIVE SLUMBER. I DO EVERY REM AND I DO EVERY REM HARD. MAKING SNORING SOUNDS WHEN I LIE COMATOSE OR EVEN WHEN I FART AND WAKE MYSELF UP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SLEPT THE GALAXYS MOST RESTFUL SLEEP. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO MY WIFE AND ALL SHE DOES IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MARRIAGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. 8 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY EVENIng

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i snored friday night and didnt sleep well and woke up with a sore throat :(

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was in Vegas last week and my last night there I had only 4 drinks and was asleep before 1am

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

EVERY NIGHT I SETTLE DOWN FOR BED AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SLEEP MASK INTO MY FACE. IT’S A BUCKY 40 BLINKS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START HAVING A WONDERFUL, RESTORATIVE SLUMBER. I DO EVERY REM AND I DO EVERY REM HARD. MAKING SNORING SOUNDS WHEN I LIE COMATOSE OR EVEN WHEN I FART AND WAKE MYSELF UP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SLEPT THE GALAXYS MOST RESTFUL SLEEP. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO MY WIFE AND ALL SHE DOES IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MARRIAGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. 8 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY EVENIng

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i snored friday night and didnt sleep well and woke up with a sore throat :(

years ago I fell asleep very drunk with a friend and snored so bad I inflamed that dangly thing at the back of my throat, and the next day or so whenever I talked it induced my gag reflex it was so weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

confronting my own mortality today as I bump up the default font size in my editor to 14