Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I don't think the final score in that game was a fair reflection of the game. England trashed the poo poo out of us in that game, and only their own inability to stop giving away penalties and hitting people in the head allowed it to look like a close game.

I don't think that tackle was intentional, but I guess the point is it's the tackler's responsibility to make a safe tackle, and that may mean not just flinging yourself at people without your arms properly positioned.

I've got tickets for the Wales vs Scotland game and I just hope we actually win that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
If you manage to lose to us, considering how much of a shambles we are, I'll be amazed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I agree, England probably could have won by more. Wales were comparatively under-powered, England seemed stronger, faster and looked better drilled. They were running low by the last quarter, but the damage had been done and Wales didn't have enough time to pull it around, never mind a Springbok-like plan to work their whole game against them.

England's discipline cost them some, but it often does. Eddie likes them angry. It's a real contrast to the Japanese side he coached where it looked like he wanted them as calm as possible.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Honestly, I'm not surprised Wales are somewhat lacklustre under Pivac. Considering how he absolutely hosed North Harbour into the ground in his tenure as coach, needing all of one season to turn them from play-off contenders and Ranfurly Shield holders and into also rans that could maybe muter one win a season, I must say you have my sympathies.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I'm just glad Wales beat the handicap with their last two tries, but gently caress me that game wasnt close. Similar to ireland in that the scoreline flattered them and didn't show how dominant england were, but I'm still not ready to crown this england team considering what France did to them.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly, I'm not surprised Wales are somewhat lacklustre under Pivac. Considering how he absolutely hosed North Harbour into the ground in his tenure as coach, needing all of one season to turn them from play-off contenders and Ranfurly Shield holders and into also rans that could maybe muter one win a season, I must say you have my sympathies.

It's weird because when I read up on him it sounds like he had a bad time with North Harbour but then did well with the Scarlets. I mean Garland did poorly with Ireland and he was probably one of the best Wales coaches of all time.

To go from "in the running to win the world cup" to "losing to everyone but Italy and maybe Scotland" in about what, 6 months? That's bad but there wasn't a huge amount of opportunities to play lots of friendly games to let him settle in etc.

I think if this 6N is a shocking display and so is the next one he will be gone.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

No, but you see he had one very good season with the Scarlets who are the WRUs pride and joy so he is the only choice for our future.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
:lol:

https://streamable.com/mly1a

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's had a lot of free time to watch wrestling.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

According to bbc, the low-end ban for ball grabbing is 12 weeks. Can be much longer, especially given his previous. Marler is hosed

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The citation committee might have a busy Monday.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bigfoot again posted:

According to bbc, the low-end ban for ball grabbing is 12 weeks. Can be much longer, especially given his previous. Marler is hosed

It's a hell of a way to retire from international rugby.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Fair play from Navidi, he's dump tackled through the 90 and still holds onto the ball and no fuss towards the ref.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the deathly silences of the Murrayfield crowd.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The French handling has been shoddy as gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This referee is far too happy letting them stand around and get their breath back. They need to get on with the game.

Also, gently caress was that a knock on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This kind of broken stop start game is exactly what Scotland need, no chance for France to get up a head of steam.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
And suddenly France.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I like this sky-blue Scotland kit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do not.

I also do not like that man's bleach-job.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good defensive mauling.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yay, more work for the citing panel.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

fight! fight! fight!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there's a red for sure

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did he say something to draw the punch?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goatface posted:

The French handling has been shoddy as gently caress.

In some ways they could have done with that continuing

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Prime France so far.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scotland and France do something weird to each other.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Murrayfield has been the death of French hopes for a while.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 8, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
gotta think that France need the losing bonus point here to have any chance at the trophy

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Good to see Scotland roughing up the French.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bessantj posted:

Good to see Scotland roughing up the French.

Scotland forwards have been pretty great this 6N. The Scottish monkeypaw curse of never having backs and forwards both playing well is real.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

gotta think that France need the losing bonus point here to have any chance at the trophy

Yeah. I think we can assume England will monster Italy whenever that gets played, so they'll end with 18. It'll likely give them the point margin lead as well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now it's time for the Scottish lovely handling period.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh. or that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Apparently not

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Some really good running and passing from Scotland, really making this man advantage count.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
France are starting to fall apart

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The most obvious floor handling penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Set the loving scrum, for gently caress's sake.