Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I was wondering if we might see one come back as an anti Pogacar move

It would definitely be interpreted that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I'd like to see TTTs through technical courses. I think that would be interesting.

I already want that for ITT. As well as shorter and punchier in nature.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

moctopus posted:

I'd like to see TTTs through technical courses. I think that would be interesting.

I already want that for ITT. As well as shorter and punchier in nature.

That reminds me of that one stage 1 Vuelta TTT from a couple of years ago that had a section along a beach, as in: on sand, and was entirely neutralized after riders refused to do it lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france/in-durango-colorado-a-community-celebrates-sepp-kuss-tour-de-france-triumph/

Sepp rules.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
https://twitter.com/TeamIsraelSUN/status/1416352042394791936

Greipel retiring :(

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Genuinely a nice rider. I was saying upthread I was surprised he was still going but he hasn't had a bad tour.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

More like Israel Retirement Nation. Sad to see him go, one of my favorites

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

TTTs rule and we need more of them.

We do, and they need to be after the first week and at least 30km long.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
According to the guardian live feed some rider is accusing 4 teams (not sure which ones) of mechanical doping. Says there is a weird whirring noise coming from their bikes.

Right.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Roblo posted:

According to the guardian live feed some rider is accusing 4 teams (not sure which ones) of mechanical doping. Says there is a weird whirring noise coming from their bikes.

Right.

More specifically a whirring noise coming from the back wheels, and in the report I read it was 3 'anonymous' riders.

Not sure theres much to that although the tin foil hat people are posting video clips of teams changing bikes before key points of the race again.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Weird way to flex about your chain lube regime making your drivetrain silent.

Given how tight it is in most rear hubs I can't imagine getting any sort of decent motor in there.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Good time that for Asgreen

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

We do, and they need to be after the first week and at least 30km long.

Regular stage run as a TTT, let's fuckin go

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Do you think Kung is going to sit in the hot seat for 2 hours again just to be beaten by Pog?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vando posted:

Regular stage run as a TTT, let's fuckin go

Or do a split stage. TT and short mountain stage in same day

serious gaylord posted:

Do you think Kung is going to sit in the hot seat for 2 hours again just to be beaten by Pog?

This would be brutal

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Nah reckon he’s done with that so let Asgreen sit there this time

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Imagine wearing the European TT champion's jersey these days. The thing might as well say "This race was below Ganna's notice"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes gone pop anyway. Asgreen to stay in the seat until Pogacar gets there.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You can’t convince me that Kung didn’t blow up on purpose so not to sit around in the hotseat until Pogacar stomped him again

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
goodwout is not loving around

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Given how tight it is in most rear hubs I can't imagine getting any sort of decent motor in there.

There isn't enough space for a lovely motor.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Commentators desperately trying to find some drama in the GC to talk about for the next half hour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nice work Ben.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pog can now roll in at 100th place.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sad we didnt get another mutant Pog performance.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
bingigo owns

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Sad we didnt get another mutant Pog performance.

Just barely 50 km/h. I'm honestly almost pissed lol. But good on him for taking a day off

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
Anthony mccrossan comes up with the dumbest nicknames. Tadej the Tornado, Hirschi the Hurricane, Vingegaard the Volcano. Just the worst.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He could have come second last in this TT and still won the tour.

e - Actually if I load the table right, 10th from bottom.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pog isn't going to the Vuelta anymore

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Boo. I was very interested in seeing him vs. Bernal and maybe Roglic too.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

hello friends. have you considered
Jonas
Vingegaard?
or as he might be known:
Windgarden

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Someone has already been caught with a stealth eBike in a women’s under 23 race. Battery & mechanism in the seat tube, driving via bottom bracket directly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/35452791

It seems possible given the higher stakes and the number of spare bikes the teams have floating about.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
That was years ago, and it's not very stealthy if they catch you doing it the first time you rock up with one to an event that actually gives a poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone's probably just got a weird combination of bits that's whistling.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I’m usually fine with a dominant GC performance at the Tour because the individual stages are still excellent, but this year they’ve mostly felt a bit dull. Lots of solo breaks and watching a lone rider for the last 20k while the chasers gently caress about rather than actual contests.

Though I guess the first couple of stages with Alaphilippe and MvdP were good.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They ran through the excitement budget in week 1

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

A GT a consisting almost entirely of punchy classics style stages would be fun

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I feel like all the descent finishes this year were pitched at Alaphilippe, but really they should just do 20x Flèche Wallone + the Champs-Elysees.

That way we get either Alaphilippe or a 43 year-old Valverde as champion and everyone can enjoy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have never understood the massive climb followed by descent finish. Aside from variety I guess I'm all about big mountain top finishes.