Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Roglic looks incredibly solid

Bike gets inspected, huge argument ensues. Team have to replace bike for some reason.

Next stage Roglic loses a ton of watts he had before

:tinfoil::mason::tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

If they had big Tom D still up there in the GC - which they would have done if they didn't gently caress up early - they would have got yellow for sure, even if it was a Bernal "whoops our back up guy got it" situation.

They really did gently caress up having Dumoulin work so early. There was no need for it.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Iirc the team didn't want him to but he didn't believe he was good enough to compete for GC

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1307403778090508288?s=19

Pinot took the team round to his farm

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Just got around to watching the final minutes and holy poo poo, what a ride by Pog. Absurd. I love it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Interesting thing Pog said in an interview is that the reason he got gapped on the Loze was because he was struggling with the altitude, Planche being 1500m lower seems like it also played to his strengths in that way.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Vando posted:

Interesting thing Pog said in an interview is that the reason he got gapped on the Loze was because he was struggling with the altitude, Planche being 1500m lower seems like it also played to his strengths in that way.

Pretty sure he also sacrificed one of Pinot's goats while no one was looking.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TobinHatesYou posted:

Pretty sure he also sacrificed one of Pinot's goats while no one was looking.

goat blood is the new secret tech

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone know where I can find a dodgy doc to give me goat blood?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Had to stop watching to go to work just before wout finished

Just caught up

Holy moly roglic really does have a massive fat arse :butt:

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Wout (pronounced Wauwt, if you want to score points) is the greatest cyclist of all time.
Pinot is the philosopher, right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nah that's Guillaume Martin

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

uguu posted:

Wout (pronounced Wauwt, if you want to score points) is the greatest cyclist of all time.
Pinot is the philosopher, right?

Which Wout, this is very important

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Get Wout

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wonder if Jumbo will be selling those special yellow team jerseys they clearly had ready to go for today.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:italy:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats the first Colnago winner right?

I get the feeling he painted that himself.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Maillot Jaune: 1st Pogacar
Maillot à pois: 1st Pogacar
Maillot blanc: 1st Pogacar
Maillot vert: 8th Pogacar

Insanity. What a ride.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Thats the first Colnago winner right?

I get the feeling he painted that himself.

First colnago branded frame. I think a repainted frame won in 1968

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Maillot Jaune: 1st Pogacar
Maillot à pois: 1st Pogacar
Maillot blanc: 1st Pogacar
Maillot vert: 8th Pogacar

Insanity. What a ride.

Glad I have him in my fantasy team

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shame he had to deface it with the sponsor logos.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

First colnago branded frame. I think a repainted frame won in 1968

At least some of the Merckx bikes were Colnagos, yeah. At some point he switched to De Rosa.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did they always finish so late in Paris? Do I ask this every year?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

yes, probably

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

goatface posted:

Yup. They've historically tried to time it so the last laps are at dusk and they can do the podium presentations after sundown so that the projections on the arc de triomphe and light shows all look good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pog didnt have a bike computer on his road bike yesterday. Just smashed up the climb with no data at all.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
He gifted the strava KOM to porte

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
can't wait for the takes when Roglic tests positive for covid next week

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

goatface posted:

Well, someone asks this every year since they started doing it

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Tony Martin and Tom Dumoulin have to pay a 2000 CHF fine each, because their jerseys yesterday had rainbow sleeves :wtc: Are there seriously different rules for former ITT world champions than there are for former road world champions?

e: no, the rules are the same: "In compliance with the provisions 1.3.056 and 1.3.059, he is not authorized to add the rainbow piping on his national team clothing." That covers Martin, I guess

Smirr fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 20, 2020

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
inexplicably the rule is that they have to be sleeve cuffs, and not just printed in the middle of the sleeve, despite people pointing out multiple instances of people doing the same thing and not getting fined.

fundamentally: UCI

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

inexplicably the rule is that they have to be sleeve cuffs, and not just printed in the middle of the sleeve, despite people pointing out multiple instances of people doing the same thing and not getting fined.

fundamentally: UCI

Ah, I see. The fines go up to 10,000 CHF, btw, or 100,000 CHF for unauthorized sponsorship on the WC jersey

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think that Tony Martin rule is about national team jerseys like in Worlds/Olympics, where you've never been allowed to wear champion cuffs/collar. Unless I'm wrong, but Sagan definitely wore his Slovakian championship kit with champion stripes.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think that Tony Martin rule is about national team jerseys like in Worlds/Olympics, where you've never been allowed to wear champion cuffs/collar. Unless I'm wrong, but Sagan definitely wore his Slovakian championship kit with champion stripes.

Yeah, you're right. The provisions quoted relate to national team jerseys. I shouldn't try to parse UCI rules on a Sunday (or at all, ever)

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Completely empty Arc de Triomphe roundabout is weird

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

peanut- posted:

Completely empty Arc de Triomphe roundabout is weird

Completely empty Norwegian corner too

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol the segregated bike lanes on the champs elysees mean they can't avoid the cobbles in the gutter anymore

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I reckon Ewan for today

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Looks like Jumbo Visma want a consolation prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nice mask discipline on the bell guy