Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
That finish was close enough where the Aeroad’s CdA advantage over the rim-brake Oltre XR4 was the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this Astana lad is doing whatever the opposite of a death turn is

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

*switches streams* ROHAN-AH DENNIS-AH *airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sunweb might chase him properly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or he might just crack completely. That grimace wasn't inspiring.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TobinHatesYou posted:

That finish was close enough where the Aeroad’s CdA advantage over the rim-brake Oltre XR4 was the difference.

Disc brakes are basically never faster. Nothing has bested a 2016 trek madone in the wind tunnel.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sunlight? at the giro?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Almaeda does not look good, think the jersey is up for grabs if someone wants it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
big poz nooooo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Failsang

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
either Almaeda is about to die or he has that French gene that makes you look like you're constantly on the verge of exploding

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol at the spectator remembering to put his mask up after 10 seconds of screaming in riders faces

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sunweb what the gently caress

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This is getting spicy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Almedia has 10/10 suffer faces, he should be French

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He's not looking happy

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
:rip: vinny nibbles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why is Sunweb reenacting Ax 3 Domaines 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Should have spent millions on your domestiques.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Think almeida has cracked

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nibali is shedding more. He's held on bloody well tbh.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Almedia has turned into Portugese Voeckler

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Almedia has 10/10 suffer faces, he should be French

Is Pinot still dragging his team down at riding the Vuelta?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is falling right into big brandon mcnulty to hang on and take a podium by beating the other GC guys by 4 minutes on the final TT

e) nm he dropped from the Fuglsang group, RIP USA

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's flailing his head around like a pro.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Go on are Tao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when did Jai Hindley turn into Sky-era Richie Porte

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Losing under a minute from that position is a pretty drat good ride.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

:britain:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

well done weird looking geodudehart:britain:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
portugese voeckler hells yea

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Tao could have had third overall if he had ridden to the line.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Sunweb 2 and 3 on the podium, London's very own Tao up to 4th.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
can't wait for Wilco Kelderman to remember "wait i'm wilco kelderman lmao" and die at Madonna di Campiglo and for Almeida to somehow keep pink into the Stelvio

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Disc brakes are basically never faster. Nothing has bested a 2016 trek madone in the wind tunnel.

The 2021 Aeroad is the fastest disc bike using the same Tour Mag protocols that rank the old Madone so highly. It matches the SL7 on the hilly course and beats it on the flatter course by 48 seconds. It matches the 2016 Madone on the flat course as well...and we’re talking about the Oltre XR4, not the old Madone.

So yeah, this went about as expected with your “well acckkshumally.”

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 18, 2020

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
aero is fake actually

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TobinHatesYou posted:

The 2021 Aeroad is the fastest disc bike using the same Tour Mag protocols that rank the old Madone so highly. It matches the SL7 on the hilly course and beats it on the flatter course by 48 seconds. It matches the 2016 Madone on the flat course as well...and we’re talking about the Oltre XR4, not the old Madone.

So yeah, this went about as expected with your “well acckkshumally.”

I will hold my hands up and admit I hadn't realised tour had already got its hands on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the government of Canada invented aerodynamics as part of a conspiracy with Cervelo to sell bikes to chiropractors and small business owners- what matters is, as shown in the TDF, having a Campagnolo groupset

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the government of Canada invented aerodynamics as part of a conspiracy with Cervelo to sell bikes to chiropractors and small business owners- what matters is, as shown in the TDF, having a Campagnolo groupset

This is straight up science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TobinHatesYou posted:

The 2021 Aeroad is the fastest disc bike using those protocols (it matches the SL7 on the hilly course and beats it on the flatter one by 48 seconds)

That's with stock wheels mind, the Aeroad has a 62mm DT Swiss as opposed to the 50mm Rapide.

Using the difference between the Swiss Side 50mm and 62mm as an example, going to 62mm would be about -2.5W and +100g difference which is about 7s better on the hilly course and twice that on the flatter.