Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

blugu64 posted:

he’s the guy who got litter out of a tree and walked in the rain!

now i don't often use the word "hero" but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Khorne posted:

he's the guy who got caught because he used an email with his real name to advertise his illegal drug market on a bitcoin phpbb board

his parents had to sell one of their houses!!!

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

blugu64 posted:

his parents had to sell one of their houses!!!

In belize!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
he basically ruined his own (and only his own) life with some unfortunate missteps :(

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it's amazing that mark karpeles, from a completely different country, was able to track down the exact torrent of the dailyshow ross was downloading and insert a specially designed virus that affected only ross that would dump tons of chat logs and spread sheets and diaries all detailing ross's creation of the silk road. how he knew when and where ross took a vacation to and managed to forge photographs of drugs being prepared inside that cottage is still a mystery

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

they usually have usb dongles that simulate a mouse constantly wiggling for that

i feel like it'd be trivially easy to configure your computer to lock and require a password if a new device is plugged in

i mean it's not like ross thought that far ahead or anything but yeah

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

it's amazing that mark karpeles, from a completely different country, was able to track down the exact torrent of the dailyshow ross was downloading and insert a specially designed virus that affected only ross that would dump tons of chat logs and spread sheets and diaries all detailing ross's creation of the silk road. how he knew when and where ross took a vacation to and managed to forge photographs of drugs being prepared inside that cottage is still a mystery
all of which was Nothing Wrong

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

all of which was Nothing Wrong

:hai:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
all their lives americans are taught to value freedom, ross programmed a freedom and look what happened to him. truly society is guilty

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Spanish courts are awash with claims from investors tricked into crypto Ponzis, reports local outlet 20minutos.

The lawsuits were lodged on behalf of thousands of investors who’ve lost hundreds of millions to alleged crypto Ponzis and pyramid schemes in recent years.

According to 20minutos:

• 3,000 investors lost €280 million ($344 million) to London-based Algorithms Group.
  • 4,000 investors forfeited €136 million ($166 million) to Nimbus, believed to be incorporated as a shell in Malta.
  • Up to 32,000 investors are thought to have sunk up to €100 million ($123 million) to Spain’s Arbistar 2.0.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i assume 20 minutos is their version of 60 minutes after adjusting for the exchange rate

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

spanish knockoff of this hour has 22 minutes

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Boxturret posted:

spanish knockoff of this hour has 22 minutes

:canada: 100% forget how many maplesuckers there are on this forum

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Sagebrush posted:

i like those stories where a terrorist organization gets so infiltrated by the feds that it turns out 80% of the members, including all the leaders, are cops

you should like Chesterton's the man who was thursday then
and the 11th journey from stanisław lem's star diaries

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just checked, and Mark Karpeles still posts on twitter. What a guy.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

never forget that mark was the one that paid for rosses court transcripts

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
his name was literally pirateat40

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Pi rat eat 40 what...?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1400171272382812163

not technically btc but it goes here

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i always read it as pira-teat

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i wonder if people in like early 1929 dumping money into us steel had big drunk parties where they all cheered about it

thinking about it, they definitely did didn't they

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
isnt that what the great gatsby is about

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shame Boy posted:

i wonder if people in like early 1929 dumping money into us steel had big drunk parties where they all cheered about it

thinking about it, they definitely did didn't they

isn’t this literally the great gatsby

e: beaten

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i was thinking that too but idk they didn't have cheering stock ticker sign ladies at their parties

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Also Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon".

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean US Steel was probably a good investment in Gatsby’s day. AMC is a meme stock with terrible fundamentals.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Beelzebufo posted:

Pi rat eat 40 what...?

i always thought it was some mid life crisis thing where he became a pirate at 40

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/06/paypal-shuts-down-long-time-tor-supporter-no-recourse

This is good for bitcoin

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOkgdZubI88

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"it's unfortunate that there are probably some awesome course creators in the crypto space who can actually teach you some methods on getting started trading"
"legit crypto trader community"

hmmmmmm.................

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nortonlifelock/status/1400082772518178817

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
the anti-virus and identity protection company wants to help you enable the economy of their adversaries

that's hosed up even for a tech company

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

remember butterfly labs and the empty miner cases?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

and the good old flame of truth

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

see the problem with bitcoinpanies nowadays is that none of them have the dignity to just explode in a glorious fashion, they have to keep limping along indefinitely

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

see the problem with bitcoinpanies nowadays is that none of them have the dignity to just explode in a glorious fashion, they have to keep limping along indefinitely

what about that canadian dude who definitely actually died?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

KnifeWrench posted:

what about that canadian dude who definitely actually died?

:hmmyes: that one was good

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the shill of victory, the agony of DeFi

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

the shill of victory, the agony of DeFi
slow down we're coming up with good titles faster than butt confirms new blocks

Adbot