Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

SubG posted:

there's not a single one of them that claims to be worth less than three billion actual us dollars

i can't believe "fully diluted market value" became a thing, like "market cap" was still too realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Boxturret posted:

up there with the greats

from climate strike to climate homerun in just two years

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

If I understand correctly the EU has just decided not to regulate blockchain tech for a while so financial institutions can "experiment". Idiot hell fuckers.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/itolduiamright/status/1460883014997528576

https://twitter.com/itolduiamright/status/1460893121571475458

buttcoin: you keep ignoring the speed of planes

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 25, 2021

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
maybe in 200 years with quantum computers the butts dyson sphere will allow transaction at same speed as a 1988 ibm pc database

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
What loving bars does this person visit?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can have beer delivered to me in 15 minutes.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Xarn posted:

Bartenders are naturally averse to crypto bros and try to ignore them

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
they know who is gonna tip them, and the dude in the fedora will definitely not

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
and of course, the evergreen blind spot of "you could build an internet-enabled automatic beer dispenser that takes credit cards"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Xarn posted:

cool ones, which is why he can't get served to save his life

Nybble posted:

they know who is gonna tip them, and the dude in the fedora will definitely not

yup

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

KnifeWrench posted:

and of course, the evergreen blind spot of "you could build an internet-enabled automatic beer dispenser that takes credit cards"

and people don't do that because one of the responsibilities of a bartender is to cut off drunks.

the payment isn't the problem. there's nothing for Bitcoin to solve here, or anywhere really.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
sure planes 100 years ago weren't as fast as today, but planes made a decade after they were first developed were a massive improvement over the first ones. you can't say that about bit-coin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

just give bitcoin a century and it will catch up with today's technology level

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

100 years ago, flying was not a solved problem, unlike buying beer

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

it's a disingenuous comparison. The communications protocol is already operating literally at lightspeed (ok not quite, but pretty much), and the system by design slows down processing based on computational power. Even with etherium or bitcoin, it could literally be instantaneous if it wasn't for the processing power "solution" to the "problem" of trust. There's no mechanical or software improvements possible.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

comparing the bitcoin powered beer ejector to a human pouring out the drink manually is like comparing the wright flyer to a modern day fighter jet, just not fair

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

and people don't do that because one of the responsibilities of a bartender is to cut off drunks.

the payment isn't the problem. there's nothing for Bitcoin to solve here, or anywhere really.

They also prevent children from being in bars and drinking but with these people it would be a positive

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

comparing the bitcoin powered beer ejector to a human pouring out the drink manually is like comparing the wright flyer to a modern day fighter jet, just not fair

It's also accurate that early airplanes for world war 1 required a lot of spruce and thus needed a lot of trees to be chopped down for the ultimate purpose of killing people and literally men with guns were involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmfLICIYlk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

as the great bitcoin scholar andreas antonpolous said: children buying and dying from things purchased anonymously with bitcoin is to be expected, and really it's pretty funny, but don't blame bitcoin it's the parent's fault

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

So you are saying, that the females don't understand bitcoin?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1464088242232311813/photo/1

buttcoin: so I put in $200k

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why do people always think that if you test it with a tiny amount that means it's safe to throw everything you own in the hole??

it's exactly what the scammers want you to do

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i wonder if the hot twitter lady advised him to just put a little in as a test

drk
Jan 16, 2005
it was apparently "paying" >100% returns, per month. its greed

the twitter temptress is just a twist

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Glenn’s decided it’s time to join the hustle

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1464003370352582656

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Boxturret posted:

why do people always think that if you test it with a tiny amount that means it's safe to throw everything you own in the hole??

it's exactly what the scammers want you to do

they really, really want it to be true

trying it out helps them convince themselves it's true

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

slowly buying outside beer is just the start! imagine: slowly buying hotdogs! or even tacos!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

big fan of him rolling out the old "PEOPLE JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAAAAAAAND IT" line when it's increasingly looking like people do understand it and think it's stupid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what do these loving clowns think "bitcoin technology" means?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

njsykora posted:

big fan of him rolling out the old "PEOPLE JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAAAAAAAND IT" line when it's increasingly looking like people do understand it and think it's stupid

you can as a rule assume that anyone who thinks people don't like bitcoin because they don't understand it, doesn't understand bitcoin

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 26, 2021

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Boxturret posted:

slowly buying outside beer is just the start! imagine: slowly buying hotdogs! or even tacos!

if only there was a technology to automate the exchange of money for beer

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

infernal machines posted:

what do these loving clowns think "bitcoin technology" means?

beer! came out of a tube!! technology!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"this immutable public ledger that by its very nature records every transaction you make with a unique id that is at best pseudo-anonymous and can be trivially tied to your actual identity, is in fact excellent for privacy" says the person who very definitely has a grasp of bitcoin technology

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the incredible decentralizing power of hash trees that burn more power than ireland to implement a fundamentally flawed replacement for trust

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

“The greatest trick Saotshi ever pulled was convincing the world a public ledger was anonymous”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nation states and corporations could never control information on the blockchain, unless they could somehow control 51% of the network, which i am assured is simply impossible.

china for example, would never have within their national borders, more than half of the hashrate of the entire network

drk
Jan 16, 2005
maybe bitcoin was created by the cia and they've controlled it all along :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

drk posted:

if only there was a technology to automate the exchange of money for beer

the hong kong airport has one of these