Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

My video is the same year as Daredevil, it's peak madlad Farrell. Guy was a wild one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xydVIvGPo8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Nanny just dropped a Boxing Helena joke and this pleases me

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did he do this with The fountain?

Yeah, he was frustrated that the studio wouldn't let him do one for the DVD release so he put it up on his website for you to download and sync yourself. I've seen a number if similar instances since.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

pahuyuth posted:

please watch Joe Pera Talks With You

especially if you are stressed about anything, and who isn't these days

I'd like to, but I'm too busy listening to Baba O'Riley on repeat. It's by a band called The Who.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never heard of them, they new?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The What's on second.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When we got rained out in the Dominican they had the Nanny on all the time and yeah, it still rips. Great show!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ashpanash posted:

The What's on second.

The Band? The The? Yes?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Niles was the best part of the Nanny.

Fight me espy

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

feedmyleg posted:

The Band? The The? Yes?

I don't know.

Third base!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ashpanash posted:

I don't know.

Third base!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BmTYpVtICE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzOzLPP5EOE

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Croatoan posted:

Edit: Is that Data? Or is it B4? I can't remember if it was ever known until the show comes out.

He's seen wearing the First Contact-era uniform and he got blown into space dust in Nemesis. Data's appearance is very clearly a dream or hallucination of some sort.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

He's seen wearing the First Contact-era uniform and he got blown into space dust in Nemesis. Data's appearance is very clearly a dream or hallucination of some sort.

Iirc, in the prequel comic to JJ Trek, B4 installs Data's memory chip, which instantly overwrites B4 and revives Data.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Iirc, in the prequel comic to JJ Trek, B4 installs Data's memory chip, which instantly overwrites B4 and revives Data.

This is what I assume will be the case.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

There is clearly some hallucinations and some real interaction with a Soong android in the various trailers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or just the holodeck. Geordie makes up girlfriends and Picard uses it to talk to dead friends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
if you've seen the trailers it's very clear that Starfleet is loving around with androids

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Picard premiers two weeks from Thursday. Most looked forward to show of 2020.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to ask for the day off.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Every ship in Discovery's future season should be made out of holomatter if they're taking this futurism thing seriously.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

What about the mumbo jumbo "But his positronic brain isn't as sophisticated blah blah blah" that essentially said he'd be a dumb? I need realism in my Trek drat it!

Also B-4 is the dumbest loving name. Who the gently caress ever made Nemesis should be ashamed of themselves.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Croatoan posted:

What about the mumbo jumbo "But his positronic brain isn't as sophisticated blah blah blah" that essentially said he'd be a dumb? I need realism in my Trek drat it!

Also B-4 is the dumbest loving name. Who the gently caress ever made Nemesis should be ashamed of themselves.

B-4 just reminds me of bingo.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

GreenNight posted:

Picard premiers two weeks from Thursday. Most looked forward to show of 2020.

I posted earlier but they said there's a Picard Short Trek coming out this Thursday!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

Who the gently caress ever made Nemesis should be ashamed of themselves.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Croatoan posted:

The comic used extra double mumbo jumbo that data's chip was strong enough to do everything. :pseudo:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The comic used extra double mumbo jumbo that data's chip was strong enough to do everything. :pseudo:

That makes sense. They used his deus ex machina chip.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Croatoan posted:

John Logan is a hack.

Also, before some minor rewrites, B-4 was originally called B-9. "Benign." DURR

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

John Logan is a hack.

Also, before some minor rewrites, B-4 was originally called B-9. "Benign." DURR

I hate everything that I've learned from your post.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Timby posted:

John Logan is a hack.

I have no idea how he could do Nemesis (and like a dozen other dumb things) as well as Penny Dreadful. I guess a broken clock is right once a screenwriting career or something like that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

if you've seen the trailers it's very clear that Starfleet is loving around with androids

Dammit Geordi!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

I have no idea how he could do Nemesis (and like a dozen other dumb things) as well as Penny Dreadful. I guess a broken clock is right once a screenwriting career or something like that.

Check out who wrote Chernobyl.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never seen the Hammer films or really any of the big time old Draculas but is he always this arch? I love it.

feedmyleg posted:

Check out who wrote Chernobyl.

The disaster was pre existing in this case

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

zoux posted:

I've never seen the Hammer films or really any of the big time old Draculas but is he always this arch? I love it.

Watch the Hammer films. They are so good, and Lee is amazing when he actually gets lines. But also when he just stares he's pretty great, too.

Also watch Dracula '78 to get some Sexy Langella all up in your loins.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There's one scene in episode 1 of the Netflix Dracula where he looks almost exactly like Christopher Lee and it is really offputting just how close he looks then. Especially given how by the time he reaches his young form, the resemblance isn't really that great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Even though I've never seen them, some of the homages are so ingrained in mass culture that I get them right away, like the starkly lit-from-below fang face. But mostly my dracula knowledge is the book (which I don't like, gently caress off forever epistolary novels), parodies and "modern reimaginings" where the fact that he's Dracula is this big twist or he's skulking about hiding his identity. So it's just really funny to me to watch all these characters be like "Another murder! Who do you think it could've been, Count Dracula?" as he's standing there in the full on Bela Lugosi get up going :thunk: "The mystery is.....eating away at me my dear boy". It's a very funny show imo. I've not seen the third one, which I hear is divisive, but since I'm enjoying the more meta/bonkers aspects of the show I think I'll dig it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

I think I'll dig it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look if Netflix is going to make a gay Jesus show they have to make a straight Dracula one, that's just Fair and Balanced

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Niles was the best part of the Nanny.

Fight me espy

But you're speaking truth, Niles owns.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have one episode of "The Witcher" left and I've enjoyed the season, but it feels very much like the pacing becomes much improved after the midpoint. I don't know if it's me finally putting together how all these people and events relate to each other, but it seems like Episodes 1-4 were all mystery and intrigue and setup while the back half is just straight adventuring. I mean, I'm not saying they are MOTW episodes as I can see where they can fit into the greater plot, just that the things seem to get a little less complicated.

Basically, I'm saying the show gets easier to watch past the midpoint and if I hadn't known going in that there were different timeframes being presented with the different story lines, I probably would have been a bit more frustrated with the show. Yeah, the hints are there. However, if you don't know the characters going in, a 1 line mention about a character from story line A in story line B is really easy to miss since you don't really have a grasp of the names yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Today, I learned there is a Russian adaptation/remake of The Nanny that was so popular it remade the entire original episode order, then paid writers of the original show to help make more episodes-- some of which ended up being based off of scripts and ideas that were passed on during the original show's run.

Also there are a ridiculous amount of foreign language remakes of this show.

e: there was even a Spanish language American remake for Univision a couple years ago