Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
They're gonna pull a Roseanne and say that everything after S4* was a fever dream.

Or at least they should.

*really S2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The good news is it can’t be no worse than the season finale. So they can’t go lower.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

nate fisher posted:

The good news is it can’t be no worse than the season finale. So they can’t go lower.

I would have believed this except after 2020, I believe things can always get worse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nate fisher posted:

Challenge: accepted.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've been looking for my next formula show to watch. a rewatch of Dexter sounds pretty good right about now.. I never saw the last season but I know how it ended.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Klowner posted:

Edit: welp I guess I'm late by about two pages. Anyway peace out and gently caress conde nast

Yeah, they hired a few new poc for their channel including a celebrity chef and then released a trailer for "I'm not racist I have a black friend: The motion picture" which has been received poorly

There's a big profile article on Sohla for anyone actually interested in her/some of the behind the scenes stuff at the test kitchen leading up to this

https://www.vulture.com/article/sohla-el-waylly-profile.html

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

replace ghost harry with ghost deb and we might have comedy gold on our hands

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

esperterra posted:

replace ghost harry with ghost deb and we might have comedy gold on our hands

I'm bracing myself for it being about teaching the code of Harry to be and Deb's kid

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I said this in the discord, but my money is on serial killer GF having returned from Europe and some news stories making their way to Alaska or wherever about some mysterious young killer, who surely is Dex and Rita's son, so he returns to Miami to teach the kid how to control his Dark Passenger.

But what I want is a serious prestige drama about lumberjacks that happens to be a Dexter revival b/c i t's about him cutting down trees.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Show opens with Yvonne Strahovski realizing baby Harrison inherited his dad's murderous ways when she finds him in the middle of gorily vivisecting a treadmill.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bring back Deborah Morgan as a force ghost.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's time to get the loving gang back together, the Dexter thread will arise once more

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is gonna be so bad, and they definitely won't be able to make it as funny as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

We'll finally solve the greatest plot thread left hanging!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Regy Rusty posted:

It's time to get the loving gang back together, the Dexter thread will arise once more

This is honestly the only good thing about this news.

The late season Dexter and Sons of Anarchy threads were pure magic.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Cael posted:

We'll finally solve the greatest plot thread left hanging!

That’s the second greatest thread. The first?

Chicky Hines

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Slamhound posted:

That’s the second greatest thread. The first?

Chicky Hines

Mandating now that whoever makes the thread for the Dexter revival has to make the OP just that gif of Chicky Hines returning to their home planet

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

This is going to be a poo poo show and I love it. Those threads were fun

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Forget Ghost Deb, how about Ghost Doakes.

How about Ghost Doakes just giving Dexter a hard time as he does a lovely job at being a lumberjack? Dexter doesn't even kill anybody, it's just him sucking at his job and Doakes constantly telling him so.

Maybe standing nearby as Dexter awkwardly tries to date some hipster girl and telling him his game sucks and he's a creepy rear end motherfucker.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want the ensemble to just be ghosts. Ghost Deb, Ghost Doakes, Ghost Rita

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Nail Rat posted:

How about Ghost Doakes just giving Dexter a hard time as he does a lovely job at being a lumberjack? Dexter doesn't even kill anybody, it's just him sucking at his job and Doakes constantly telling him so.

Maybe standing nearby as Dexter awkwardly tries to date some hipster girl and telling him his game sucks and he's a creepy rear end motherfucker.

People claim that peak Dexter was the John Lithgow arc. For me the peak was the Doakes and Lila arc. It was never the same without Doakes.

Rageaholic posted:

This is gonna be so bad, and they definitely won't be able to make it as funny as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

Just made the connection that she was the wife in The Handmaid's Tale.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

esperterra posted:

Ghost LaGuerta, Ghost Esteemed Character Actress Margot Martindale, Ghost Rudy, Ghost Jeremy.

No Ghost Harry though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nate fisher posted:

People claim that peak Dexter was the John Lithgow arc. For me the peak was the Doakes and Lila arc. It was never the same without Doakes.

Season 2 was the real peak of the show and I will fight anyone who says otherwise :colbert:

Nail Rat posted:

Ghost LaGuerta, Ghost Esteemed Character Actress Margot Martindale, Ghost Rudy, Ghost Jeremy.

No Ghost Harry though.

As herself or as the park bench? :v:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

nate fisher posted:

I concur, though I consider seasons 1 and 2 to be neck and neck for peak Dexter. Season 4 was really good but had some problems still. The rest of the seasons range from I could live without to garbage (with apologies to Edward James Olmos and Colin Hanks who did well with what they had).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

After season 2 was when they forgot that the only remotely interesting part of the show was any danger of Dexter getting caught, not him fighting with other serial killers. It was all downhill from there

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Gave up on watching Dexter in the final season but kept reading the thread. Excited if for just reading goon reactions alone.

esperterra posted:

But what I want is a serious prestige drama about lumberjacks that happens to be a Dexter revival b/c i t's about him cutting down trees.

I'm looking forward to his internal monologues about the finer details of felling lumber.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Regy Rusty posted:

After season 2 was when they forgot that the only remotely interesting part of the show was any danger of Dexter getting caught, not him fighting with other serial killers. It was all downhill from there

IMO he should absolutely have been caught maybe by the third or fourth season and just dealt with the ramifications of it before he is executed to the intro music. It would have been actually interesting.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The ending of Season 2 Ep 6 of the boys must've been a wild ride for the internet. Can't imagine how many people who argued so passionately about Stormfront not being really racist up to that point furiously tried to defend a literal Nazi as just being unfairly judged by sjws

It's like watching the people who posted about She-ra and claiming all the gay/queer stuff was a complete surprise out of left field. I honestly wonder how people so immune to context and blatant hints can function in a society that doesn't literally explain everything to them at every turn.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 14, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Uh, I thought everyone knew by episode 3 with the "yellow bastard" stuff and killing black people. I was surprised that she was literally a nazi that personally knew hitler and stuff

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You underestimate how dumb goons can be

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

pentyne posted:

I honestly wonder how people so immune to context and blatant hints can function in a society that doesn't literally explain everything to them at every turn.

Society bends over backwards to function for them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Uh, I thought everyone knew by episode 3 with the "yellow bastard" stuff and killing black people. I was surprised that she was literally a nazi that personally knew hitler and stuff

There's a ton of people thread banned from The Boys thread for aggressively arguing it wasn't what most people (correctly) inferred from the situation.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

I might being overly generous but most of the "confusion" and "refusal" was just one chud goon playing puppetmaster. He was using every trick in the alt right troll book and it was obvious, but some of the more naive took him at face value and started second guessing themselves.... plus lots of phone posting/half watching. He did a decent job of trying to play dumb and backtrack but was foiled by the superior cunning of... people going back and reading his old posts. FOILED!

Oh my dread lord Cthulhu, can we resurrect the old thread? That thing was legend. GoT hate watching was NOTHING compared to Dexter and SoA. I am slightly confused as why they waited so long to do the mini sequel as there are loads of better shows around to resurrect and I'm not sure Dexter will be that shiny in this age of prestige tv. I'll gladly mock it with the rest of you goons but I just don't see most of humanity caring about more Dexter episodes. Please let this be an entertaining mess.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Scratch me up as another big fan of the SoA/Dexter threads. I watched and read every week (although it didn't occur to me until about 2 years ago that i somehow never watched the SoA finale. that's how bad the show got.

Count me in as excited for the revival.

I really want to someone to have done a YT compilation of all the amazing "Black SUV" moments.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The SoA threads were amazing especially because of Ghost (I think? Might be wrong!) did a write up after each episode just tearing it to pieces.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

”Grab a penknife and whittle this down, you loving psycho.”

esperterra posted:

Except Harry. For some reason he’s real.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

The SoA threads were amazing especially because of Ghost (I think? Might be wrong!) did a write up after each episode just tearing it to pieces.

Those were great. Especially for things like "we get 3 minutes of butt rock while they ride over to their next mission, where they proceed to to walk into a room and shoot 3 people in a hotel room having group sex, 2 of whom turn out to be pastors and also the wrong targets. You may recall in season 3 a major plot point the entire season was struggling with the idea of the gang killing a single person."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If the new season of Dexter doesn't start with an opening credits to the old music but he's getting his lumberjack gear on idk what even the point of renewing it was

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh man, I'm going to have to dig these up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Cobra Kai since it is on Netflix and it was kind of weird that Mr Miyagi's grave made him older and live longer than Pat Morita.