Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi everybody. As I'm sure you know, bags has suggested his own eviction based on scheduling reasons. I love the guy, but far be it from me to not take an easy out when it is presented. I also think it would not be in the spirit of tough and fun competition going forward - there's definitely such thing as carrying a shield in a game like this, but in those scenarios the shield is still playing...I don't think it fair for somebody who can't actively play to remain in the game longer than people who are available and trying to compete.

As such I will NOT be using the Power of Veto as I see no reason in making this any more complicated than it needs to be. I insist, however, that this vote be unanimous - if you try to pull some voting shenanigans against this, you will immediately become my target. In the main Discord channel I told my tale of Ultimate Revenge upon Stardew Valley's resident programmer Sebastian - that will look like NOTHING compared to what I will do to you if I find out that you voted for sniper. You will only WISH that I used Dark Magic to turn your children into birds while you rotted in your mom's basement.

Thanks and Yoba Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque has chosen NOT to use the power of veto, so the nominations remain the same.

Everyone except Somber and the two nominated houseguests now must vote for either sniper or bagshotrow in their confessional using the ##vote syntax before 7PM EST on Sunday. Once your vote is in, you cannot change it. Votes are done by submitting some sort of picture with the person you are voting for clearly indicated. See the evictions from ABB2 for inspiration.

The eviction will be held on Sunday at 7:30PM EST followed immediately by the HOH challenge at 8PM EST to determine the new HOH. All remaining houseguests except Somber, as outgoing HOH, will be participating in the challenge.

The HOH challenge will be a Flash Game challenge. The game works on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

The veto meeting is adjourned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome back houseguests. We'll be getting to our first eviction in just a little while.

Let's see how things are going in the house and check in with how this first week went.

Somber, you won the first HOH of the season, and in a popularity based vote. How are you feeling about your place in the house?

sniper, conversely, you were nominated alongside someone who has said they aren't able to play the game. Do you feel safe or are you worried about tonight?

bagshotrow, you unfortunately due to scheduling aren't really able to play and have asked to be voted out. Do you think your fellow houseguests have listened to your wishes?

Cat and Meinberg, you're both former winners of this game. How are you feeling coming into this game? Do you think that puts you more at an advantage or a disadvantage?

Teland, Hats, Mr. Steak, GGN, none of you have played an FRG before. How has the first week been? What have you learned so far?

AA, Kashuno, Poque, Sal and Mikujin you all have played in FRGs before, although most of you not in ABB. How does it compare? What do you think you'll be best at going forward and what are you most worried about?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Thanks, Julie! Juby? I'm not fully informed on the distinction. It's been a lot of fun! I'm sure there's going to be a lot more scheming in future weeks--I haven't seen much of anything in the way of that--but all of the casual chats have been really enjoyable. I came here to make friends, and I'm doing well on that front!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This game is extremely quiet. It's kinda weird. I don't know what I'll be good at here but hey maybe I'll at least have fun

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

AA, Kashuno, Poque, Sal and Mikujin you all have played in FRGs before, although most of you not in ABB. How does it compare? What do you think you'll be best at going forward and what are you most worried about?

I've played in Survivor which is a whoooole different animal. It's kinda weird to start a game and feel like it's already in the individual portion of the game! I think I'll be alright at challenges but the way the game is structured, that's not really an actual strategy - my worry is that I don't really know how to make this game work. We'll see!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asiina posted:

Teland, Hats, Mr. Steak, GGN, none of you have played an FRG before. How has the first week been? What have you learned so far?

its been super fun! the first comp wasnt really a... "competition" but it was really hype to see the pool get narrowed down. and on the other end of things, the POV comp was really really fun to compete in, especially when there weren't any real stakes for me lol. mainly what i've learned is how the game operates, cuz i was extremely unsure of that going in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

Sal you all have played in FRGs before, although most of you not in ABB. How does it compare? What do you think you'll be best at going forward and what are you most worried about?

Julsiina,

I haven't played in a FRG in a long time and when I did I didn't really get a chance to be super active. I've been playing a lot of Mafia over the last like 2 years. I feel like I've over all been quiet, but I feel like things are going well so far.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

This game is extremely quiet. It's kinda weird. I don't know what I'll be good at here but hey maybe I'll at least have fun

I do feel like it's been a slow start, and I've been a bit grateful for it as I've personally been busy this week, but pure shop talk...

I'm hoping to keep it a bit breezier in the coming weeks and try and make some connections.

Comparatively, other FRGs I've experienced incentivize making alliances immediately, but also with the expectation of being betrayed often.

However, there is more of a natural bonding with people going on and that's wholesome and good.

I'm hopeful that everything will stay amicable and above board. Seems like it rewards good faith interactions over scheming.

*hugs house crew*

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Asiina posted:

Cat and Meinberg, you're both former winners of this game. How are you feeling coming into this game? Do you think that puts you more at an advantage or a disadvantage?

Well coolie I personally think that it's a bit of both! -- like, someone could look at me and see that I was loyal and then believe I'm loyal here, or someone could look at me like SHE WON SHE OBVIOUSLY IS THE BEST LIAR which is, uh, not really a good kind of reputation to have

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Asiina posted:

Welcome back houseguests. We'll be getting to our first eviction in just a little while.

It's been pretty fun getting know everyone! So far I've learned that if you want to form bonds in this "house" you've got to do the work and communicate. It's been a tough lesson.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's Time!

Welcome to our first eviction. Seemingly an easy vote but let's see how it turns out...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote bagshotrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes bagshotrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's three votes bagshotrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's four votes bagshotrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's five votes bagshotrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

By a vote of 11 to 0, bagshotrow, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Farewell Bags! I hope that everything works well for you!

Also, I was in the midst of managing dinner so I was late in coming up with my responses, which I will place here now for the sake of posterity.

Asiina posted:

I believe that the first HoH laid it clear for all to see, both of us are seen as threats purely for the sake of our previous victories. Look upon my previous plays in these sort of games and I can assure you, I am threat to no one. I am, in the vulgar argot, very bad at games. I hope that with the unfolding of time, this will become more apparent and people will be less intimidated by reputation alone and come to understand that I am merely one amongst the many.

Kashuno posted:

Purely the calm before the storm, my friend. In time, there will be a great motion and a terrifying voice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Somber, you won the first HOH of the season, and in a popularity based vote. How are you feeling about your place in the house?

i'm probably in big trouble 😢😢

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I wasn't worried, I had faith in my friends! I'll even forgive Somber!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome everyone to the second HOH competition. Somber, as outgoing HOH you are ineligible to compete this week. Everyone else, good luck.

This week's HOH is called......Robot Unicorn Attack!

Instructions

At 8:05PM you'll be given a link to a flash game. You simply have to get the highest score you can in 25 minutes. Submit a screenshot of your best score to me via your confessional before 8:30PM.

Your screenshot MUST include the current time or it will not count.

Do not post your score anywhere else.

Any submissions after 8:30PM will not count.

Only one submission is allowed, so make sure it's your best score. The highest score becomes the new Head of Household.

Make sure you read the instructions on submitting a score carefully. Game will be posted in 5 minutes.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 16, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
comp where

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

good luck nerds

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Current time like our computer time?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
wow you're gonna make me unhide my taskbar for this?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh no a flash game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Current time like our computer time?

Yes, like take a screenshot that involves your computer time in it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

comp where

hot drat, asiina. i posted this like right as the clock struck 8.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Pro-tip: People will absolutely be scrutinizing you based on the tabs you have open and what bookmarks are visible.

If you have a tab that shows you have 10,000 unread emails I am immediately kicking you out of this game and all future games on these forums.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
it had better not be egg game all i gotta say

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Will the link be posted in thread?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Asiina posted:

Pro-tip: People will absolutely be scrutinizing you based on the tabs you have open and what bookmarks are visible.

If you have a tab that shows you have 10,000 unread emails I am immediately kicking you out of this game and all future games on these forums.

bet

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

hot drat, asiina. i posted this like right as the clock struck 8.

We're running a very professional operation here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Will the link be posted in thread?

Yes, the link will be posted here.

Assume all challenges will be in the thread unless stated otherwise.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

OH NO MY TABS ARE ALL FURRIES

MY SECRET WILL BE OUT

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

curiousCat posted:

OH NO MY TABS ARE ALL FURRIES

MY SECRET WILL BE OUT

let me just close... uh.... a couple tabs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gonna just take this time to close some tabs thanks for the cleanup time

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The game is....

ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK

https://unicorn.jocke.no/

Good luck everyone! Remember to post your screenshot IN YOUR CONFESSIONAL, not here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

that doesn't load for me oh no