Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/35106/check-out-this-sailor-holding-a-laser-dazzler-rifle-aboard-nuclear-submarine-uss-minnesota

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dude on reddit: "I wonder if I could... well poo poo, I guess there's only one way I'm going to find out"

.300BLYAT

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Looks like .30 Reece; if it is, it predates Reddit by at least 20 years.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Pretty sure it's a 7.62Tok case with a rifle bullet stuck inside

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SSK sort of did that already with the 7.62 and 7.63 Micro-Whisper, which are 30 caliber rifle bullets stuffed into 30 Luger and 30 Mauser cases respectively.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Collateral Damage posted:

SSK sort of did that already with the 7.62 and 7.63 Micro-Whisper, which are 30 caliber rifle bullets stuffed into 30 Luger and 30 Mauser cases respectively.

drat, I read that as SKS and thought about one in the Russian equivalent of .300 Blackout. That would be super nifty.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

my kinda ape posted:

Pretty sure it's a 7.62Tok case with a rifle bullet stuck inside

7.62x54r bullet in a 7.62x25 case

ho ho ho

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

shamelessly shilling my answer to Cyrano's monthly chat challenge to get people out of the megathreads

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

A paracord wrap is a nice little upgrade.

Those quad stacks are wide enough to make a good kickstand.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Shamelessly promoting the thread I made that contains several pictures.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3936042

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

I visited a Finnish civil war exhibition and it was surprisingly uncomfortable to stand in front of this exhibit.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

I'm not sure I'd call it surprising to be uncomfortable staring down the barrel of a dozen fuckin rifles. Yeah, they're almost assuredly disarmed and unloaded, but it still goes against our base instinct of staying the gently caress away from the muzzle of a weapon.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 10, 2020

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Actually its rather ingenious because now you get a sense of what a Russian conscript felt when he was in Finland.

A Mexican arsenal AR15 receiver

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Oh, I never said it wasn't a clever setup--I totally agree, it does what it's set out to convey very well. My point was that the feeling of unease should be anything but surprising.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 10, 2020

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Actually its rather ingenious because now you get a sense of what a Russian conscript felt when he was in Finland.

FUEGO and RAFAGA sounds way cooler than Semi and Auto.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

gently caress, now I want a Beretta AR lower for a RAFFICA selector marking

Unrelated pic for the pic god

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Action-Bastard posted:

Dang, are these available anywhere at a reasonable price? I could get one of those and one of the Troy Canadian lowers and have the NAFTA* trifecta.

*or whatever Trump renamed it

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Altamont finally got my replacement grips back to me! And the wonderful folks at my local Armory didn't charge to have them laser engraved again, because they are loving awesome.

My Smith & Wesson Model 629 is the Fender (or Squier) Bass VI of revolvers, and my Squier Bass VI is the S&W Model 629 of "bass" "guitars." Because while both are hard to use, impractical in nearly every way, and nothing anyone has ever actually needed; they are also undeniably cool, fun on a bun, and hard to put down until your hand is literally in too much pain to go on playing any longer. In his epic poems, Bon Jovi spoke of being an outlaw in the old west who carried a loaded six-string on his back. Personally, I think that was short-sighted; his guitar didn't play mine's notes, and apparently didn't even bother with a type of revolver that didn't exist yet chambered for a cartridge that also didn't exist yet.

Two six shooters.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 11, 2020

Thelonious
Jul 15, 2005

Crosspost from the 1911 thread because I just am entirely enamored with it.

GaiaFag
Jun 19, 2007
KING OF THE FURRIES (AUTOPILOT ON BITCH)

Oh! I like this.

GaiaFag fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 12, 2020

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Got a pair of Fordite grips for my 1911. In bright light, some of the colour bands show metallic sparkles.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

OK... I showed this to my wife, and immediately following what can only be described as a teeny, tiny orgasm, she said, "Ask the motherfucker where he got those," so... yeah. That's neat.

Also, she's starting to see what I like in old-school utilitarian finishes, like the flat black of parkerization.

I think this pistol looks neat. My wife suddenly wants 4 more 1911's.

Now to balance this 1911 love out with a little revolver-themed image tax:

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I got the Motor City Agate grips from Ebay. They come up from time to time on there.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I really like my King Cobra.

Need more practice with it in double action. But for me, in SA, it's my most accurate handgun.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Dam it, Janet, I locks you!!

Seventeen miles and some change. Went through a quart and a half of water, too. Careful out there, folks. It's hot!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

spike bayonet, you say?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

<>

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 29, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Y'all

BJ Blazkowicz is fuckin real

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

(Not my image, found on r/Portland)

Magnet fishing found this in a river. Congrats on your free murder revolver!

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Sprung for the hand select option on Classic, eh?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

lovely phone pic of today's haul. That VZ 70 is immaculate except for the import mark. 1972 date stamp.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Well, you can hunt elk in WA with a handgun with a barrel of 4+ inches and caliber greater than .24" so I'm gonna say Glock 20.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Many of our hunting rifles are now banned but on the plus side we got Type 81 LMGs.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Just walking around town with the tip of my thompson contender poking out the bottom of my shorts.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

My abomination is complete!!!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

That looks Seburo as hell and I love it.

foghorn
Oct 8, 2006

Haters gunna hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.