Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Forum Hussy posted:

It is way too cold outside

Is that a Finnish sling, by chance? I want to replace my web sling with something more appropriate.

I got an expensive AR:

A very tiny AR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

madeintaipei posted:

Is that a Finnish sling, by chance? I want to replace my web sling with something more appropriate.
I've no idea sorry, it's a buddy's rifle. For all I know he made it out of a belt

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Forum Hussy posted:

I've no idea sorry, it's a buddy's rifle. For all I know he made it out of a belt

Ah well. Did you get to fire it? Those are some of the best shooting Mosins around. Even the sniper 91/30s don't have that nice of a trigger.

Have a picture of a knife I own with a story, but not my own story. A (strangely absent to the point I start to worry) goon sold me a handful of these little knives that he got in Tajikistan. This is the best one, mostly because of the sheath. The green part of the sheath, representing the Tadjik flag? That's a piece of garden hose expertly stitched into the Lada interior leather. Cool effect, I usually have to point it out when people handle it. The knife itself is very obviously made from chromed Lada springs. Concave edged, it is sharp as fuuuuuuck. A tiny, useable repro of a traditional Tadjik knife, made from junkyard materials.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I'm trying out a homemade photo box. I still need to get some bright light bulbs, but I'm playing around with taking photos of my guns for... I don't know, reasons. I take pictures of small-ish stuff quite a bit, for some reason, so I figured this is a good acid test.

I like the details that come out on the picture of the gun laying down. You can see the logo and barrel markings clearly. The "standing" version includes a pocket knife, of course, because I don't have anything else that can get it standing up. And while it gives a better profile pic, no matter where I put the lights, the details on the markings just washed out. I had several test shots, and these were the best I could get.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Got some new toys.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

Rad

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1365591815802486787?s=20

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

5.56mm vs. .577 Snider.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fearless posted:

5.56mm vs. .577 Snider.

I see the 5.56 on a couch

The .577 Sniders standing behind the couch.

I can't be the only one.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

lite_sleepr posted:

I see the 5.56 on a couch

The .577 Sniders standing behind the couch.

I can't be the only one.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

The Walther PDP is the pinnacle of Tupperware guns. Ergonomics and trigger are perfect.

dema fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 14, 2021

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

hell yeah

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

What muzzle device is that?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

L0cke17 posted:

What muzzle device is that?

Stole the pic from Reddit (WA_Guns), no info in the thread other than it was done by Armory 42 and the guys IDs the optic mount. Haven't shitposted enough for the required karma to post in that sub, which pisses me off since I *am* a WA gun-haver. <grumble>

Looks like it could be a Kaw Valley linear comp, maybe?

Armory 42 at Facebook posted:

Rossi 92 SBR project complete. Barrel chopped to 9.5”, mag tube and wood shortened to accommodate. @skinnersights optic rail installed as well.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hell yeah lever action time!

I got this for the woodpecker digging into the side of our townhouse, I love it. Have yet to shoot my eye out.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Drain 001 posted:

Hell yeah lever action time!

I got this for the woodpecker digging into the side of our townhouse, I love it. Have yet to shoot my eye out.

I turned mine in to a perfectly shootable fishing pole.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1373118368014868481

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 20, 2021

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Where's the fleur de lis?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Someone read me that article and I had to stop them at "Glock 19 rifle" to make sure it wasn't just the media being clueless about guns. Yep that sure is a g19 with a stock I guess

Garage find today:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Paint all the rifles!

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/4h8EpSy.jpg[/timg

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse.

Clapping Larry

bulletsponge13 posted:

Paint all the rifles!

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 21, 2021

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Thought my rifle and rock n roll banner went well together! The fact it's resting on my bed adds that goony touch.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

cellphone pic

Edit:

I don't wanna empty quote, nice Ross! I see it has the wacky mag thing on the side. Did you pick this up as project gun? I'm not very well versed in Rosses but that is a fine firearm. I honestly can't tell if that's factory or sporterized later.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 23, 2021

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

I hate it. But I love Whataburger.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 24, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

^ Can't see your pic. Gotta put it on Imgur or something instead of hotlinking from Twitter.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Steeltalon posted:

I hate it. But I love Whataburger.

There is absolutely nothing to hate about this.

This seems high priced.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 25, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I hate that Whataburger is nowhere near me.

Tax:

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

lite_sleepr posted:

There is absolutely nothing to hate about this.
I hate the $12 garbage red dot but other than that yeah its awesome.

I love this thing, shooting 38spl feels like 22lr

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

It still counts as downsizing the collection when you sell 4 guns and buy 2 new ones right?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Forum Hussy posted:

It still counts as downsizing the collection when you sell 4 guns and buy 2 new ones right?

Sure does! Always be consolidating "upwards".

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

MadBimber posted:

cellphone pic

Edit:

I don't wanna empty quote, nice Ross! I see it has the wacky mag thing on the side. Did you pick this up as project gun? I'm not very well versed in Rosses but that is a fine firearm. I honestly can't tell if that's factory or sporterized later.

Thanks! It was a project gun that somebody else was working on, and I did a few finishing touches. It's probably my favorite in terms of looks.

I also have a MK II* (One star)

I'm not as big a fan of the stock on it, but I'm hoping it just needs a few more coats of oil to really bring out the shine.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Got some BCM grip strips and a KAG on my 11.5" AR, got to looking at them like hmmm how would these fare on the space lever?

Exceedingly well is how

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I *really* like that.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Forum Hussy posted:

Absolutely. In my case, I sold like six to get one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Got some BCM grip strips and a KAG on my 11.5" AR, got to looking at them like hmmm how would these fare on the space lever?

Exceedingly well is how

Dayum

I really need to try to find a modern 1894 to install my MI rail on, so I don't get too crazy with modifying my JM.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Helped my dad renew the licence for his .22 lr repeater. This is the info the police had on it:

Caliber: 22 inches. I wonder if we should tell them that he doesn't own a naval gun

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Absolutely. In my case, I sold like six to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Some people here need to post pictures before I check the thread again.