Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Goddamnit thought I was in the HK thread.

Here have two since I canít loving probate myself any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Goddamnit thought I was in the HK thread.

u could always probe me for sasssss

old pic

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Guns from Oberndorf with wood are cool.

Edit: click on the next page, numbnuts.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 19, 2020

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Getting prob'ed regularly is healthy, I got so much stuff done yesterday.

In other news, Nerf is making halo guns now (or will be shortly). If that pistol doesn't put holes in drywall at 30 feet, it's not a faithful reproduction.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Got a new barrel for my Wingmaster.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

Cycled everything perfectly and it didn't explode, so my tinkering is going well so far. I'll test it on the bench this weekend and see if I messed up the accuracy any, but I was able to consistently hit a steel plate at 100m with just a sling after doing a quick and dirty field zero.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

I built a shooting bench so I can actually do some long range shooting. Took probably six hours total over three days.

The rear post that connects the seat is a little bit crooked which makes the seat kind of skewed a little bit but I'm gonna fix that tomorrow.

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

Cyrano can back me up, since this was made in smaller numbers than they made in Odendorf it's even more valuable

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

I mean, if you're a heretic who places no value in a firearm coming from Oberndorf, gun mecca, blessed home of his holiness Paul Mauser (PBUH) then, sure.

Edit.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

I need one of those and someone's ratty old Vetterli so I can upgrade my Hunt: Showdown cosplay.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean, if you're a heretic who places no value in a firearm coming from Oberndorf, gun mecca, blessed home of his holiness Paul Mauser (PBUH) then, sure.

You just cannot stop making posts without pictures in this thread, can you?

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Dick Burglar posted:

Drunk mods admins

Unrelated pic for pic gods

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

my kinda ape posted:

I built a shooting bench so I can actually do some long range shooting. Took probably six hours total over three days.

The rear post that connects the seat is a little bit crooked which makes the seat kind of skewed a little bit but I'm gonna fix that tomorrow.

That's a beefy-assed bench

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Not really that impressive when you have the target that close

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Good lighting get

I might throw a medium loop lever on it from Ranger Point Precision, especially considering their new ones are 60% lighter than factory levers

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

i love the Expanse, especially when they rivet Keltec parts to a SCAR and put a shell carrier on the stock! (You can kind of see that the prop shop has actually put a bit of housing around the SCAR lower to attatch bits and bobs to without ruining it).

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 25, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

That ain't a noodle, chirpy!

Couldn't decide where to post this but figured this was the most applicable. I've got about 50 pages of cursive to slowly make my way through.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lefties of the world unite!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

lefties of the world unite!

What mag release is that?

Unrelated pic for the tax:

Sergey Solyanik is originally from the Soviet Union. He didnít own guns until 2007. Now Solyanik, owner of Precise Shooter and Microsoft developer, has an impressive collection of more than 1,000 guns.
(CREDIT: ASHLEY HIRUKO/KUOW)

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Strike industries mag release and Giselle bolt catch. They have to be custom machined to fit together though.
Edit
Whoops

SMEGMA_MAIL fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 28, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Raptor1033 posted:

Couldn't decide where to post this but figured this was the most applicable. I've got about 50 pages of cursive to slowly make my way through.

lol is it just me or is the last bit of that a wink wink nudge nudge about using it to make a fake ID, possibly for escape purposes?

also, cross post that to the milhist thread in A/T. They'd love it.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I like the AU Ambi mag release, only like $25 and works with a Geissele Maritime bolt catch

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ceros_X posted:

I like the AU Ambi mag release, only like $25 and works with a Geissele Maritime bolt catch

I lucked out having a roommate thatís a professional machinist with her own shop, your setup is a bit more ideal. Itís also a bit easier to hit this thicker one on accident, but despite that so far Iíve been loving it and Iím finally getting comfortable shooting with my left side. Hell of a lot less eye fatigue if you donít have to close your other eye.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

^^^^ pics for the pic thread

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol is it just me or is the last bit of that a wink wink nudge nudge about using it to make a fake ID, possibly for escape purposes?

also, cross post that to the milhist thread in A/T. They'd love it.

I want a loving luger goddammit

The Rat posted:

^^^^ pics for the pic thread

I've started hiking a lot more outside of the park so I can do some legal suppressed plinking during lunch.

Also because it's getting to the point where I can't get a parking spot if I arrive later than 730 after an hour and a half drive CO's full up and I don't quite know where else to go

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

There's a lot of cool, less crowded stuff up in the Poudre canyon, but that's more of a drive for you. It's also not very accessible in the winter unfortunately. Gonna try and hit it some more this coming summer. Would like to get another enormous pano shot of this spot, but with more interesting light/clouds.

But yeah I was born and raised here and it's not what I remember at all anymore.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Admiral Bosch posted:

I need one of those and someone's ratty old Vetterli so I can upgrade my Hunt: Showdown cosplay.

funny you mention that just now, i recently started playing and happen to have a vetterli converted to 6.5mm. some crazy man on instagram gave me loading tips to get it to load smokeless without exploding, but uh... eh... I'll see about getting a good pic of it.

pictured: other hunt showdown guns

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AR build day with the club. Note that I myself am not building an AR at the moment.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

DeesGrandpa posted:

I want a loving luger goddammit

Lugers are loving cool

Look what I found:

e: This is the 1:1 Luger model I made and shipped to a guy whom I paid to make a modern custom holster with retention so I could shoot my Luger in gun games.

After tapping my fingers a little when the deadline came and went he eventually... shipped me an off the shelf airsoft grade MOLLE holster which, while technically it did fit the Luger, really wasn't what I agreed to. He made some other (so-so) custom stuff for me as well as part of the same deal but the holster was the only thing I truly gave a poo poo about

Also

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 3, 2020

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Oh hey, I got one of those last week!

I couldn't figure out why my last round hold open wasn't working so I started reading Luger forums and saw a bunch of people complaining about missing hold open latches. Started to freak out since I guess those things need to be hand fitted, but after more reading apparently the commercial models don't have that feature. So that's disappointing...at least I didn't buy a broken gun?

Haven't shot it yet, I'm scared - it's 104 years old. Should I be looking for some kind of light loads to test it out first, or just go for it with whatever standard 115g I have on hand?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Unless it is rusted to poo poo I am pretty sure steel doesn't lose strength with age?

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 4, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

ElBrak posted:

Unless it is rusted to poo poo I am pretty sure steel doesn't lose strength with age?

Papa Cyrano always said the firing pins could break and to get a spare firing pin for shooting.

https://i.imgur.com/Btg2B2o.mp4

I am bad at threads.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 4, 2020

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Thanks, but quick, post some pics so I don't feel bad if you get probed just for answering my question.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

Oh hey, I got one of those last week!

I couldn't figure out why my last round hold open wasn't working so I started reading Luger forums and saw a bunch of people complaining about missing hold open latches. Started to freak out since I guess those things need to be hand fitted, but after more reading apparently the commercial models don't have that feature. So that's disappointing...at least I didn't buy a broken gun?

Haven't shot it yet, I'm scared - it's 104 years old. Should I be looking for some kind of light loads to test it out first, or just go for it with whatever standard 115g I have on hand?

First off, picture so I don't forget this time:

(It's also a Luger. It's name is Georg)

Anyways, the gun should be fine. It doesn't look like it's hosed from rust or anything so I wouldn't worry about it. If it makes you feel any better, I shot a 106 year old rifle last week and am planning on shooting a 141 year old rifle in a few months (need to order some stuff).

The main bits to really take a look at are the firing pin/striker (there is a little ledge under it that can shear off) and the extractor. If those parts are numbered on your gun and they match I would probably swap in some replacements eventually just to be on the safe side. Running a few boxes through before you do won't hurt anything, but it's still a point of failure. There are other parts like the toggle that can break, but that's usually wen using way too hot ammo.

Speaking of ammo, I'd stick with brass cased ammo. I've read about the ejectors chipping on steel ammo cases. I don't know the truth of that, but it's not like brass cased 9mm is hard to find so whatever. Just avoid really hot ammo. Years back the thing to warn people about was surplus SMG ammo or the Israeli "NATO" marked rounds. These days I'd avoid that if you stumble across it, but really just don't go putting +P+ defensive loads through it. I tend to reach for WWB. It's poo poo ammo, but it's also pretty gentle.

If you have trouble cycling your gun you might need to get beefier ammo. There's a bit of a myth about it needing the really hot poo poo, which caused a lot of guns to get damaged with SMG ammo over the years, but the springs were calibrated for stronger loads than the typical white box BS. If the springs are a bit broken in, though, you should be fine.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

My Snider Enfield was made in 1864 and I shoot it regularly. Old guns can be shootable guns too!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

My luger had trouble cycling and funny ejects until I swapped out all the springs shortly after I bought it.

At the time I simply bought a Luger Spring Pack from Brownell's. Ah, those were the days

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

The Eyes Have It posted:

My luger had trouble cycling and funny ejects until I swapped out all the springs shortly after I bought it.

At the time I simply bought a Luger Spring Pack from Brownell's. Ah, those were the days

I'm seriously considering ordering these grips and I don't even have a CZ. Guess I'll just have to buy a SP-01 to put them on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Whoa. and like a dummy here I thought I was the only one to put Cobra on grips!