Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Years back the thing to warn people about was surplus SMG ammo or the Israeli "NATO" marked rounds. These days I'd avoid that if you stumble across it, but really just don't go putting +P+ defensive loads through it.
Related, if you're ever in the market for a Husqvarna m/40, inspect the slide very closely for hairline cracks. The Swedish army donated a ton of surplus 9mm m/39B ammunition with tombac-plated steel jacketed bullets to civilian shooting clubs back in the 90s, and many civilian target shooters used m/40 pistols at the time. The m/40 was not a very solid construction to begin with, and with high pressure ammunition like m/39B many suffered cracked slides. If it's cracked it can fail catastrophically (which has happened) and should not be fired

The crack will usually start around the hole for the recoil accelerator. The accelerator itself was not present on most civilian-market m/40.

editsnypa: Also, due to the cracking issue the Swedish army did not surplus any of their m/40 pistols. Most m/40 pistols you find will either have an H prefix serial number which means civilian market manufacture, or D prefix which were manufactured for the Danish army and later surplused.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Only a single shot, unfortunately

https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com/product/ksa-9130-mini-mosin-rifle-only/

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

From another forum. Connecticut State Police trainees

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Finally these are shipping out

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Poniard posted:

Finally these are shipping out

My Dad always used those type of bookmarks when I was young. Is it a European/British thing? They were leather and seemed to last forever.

I need to go find them.

While looking for an image of a leather bookmark, I found the worst example ever made -

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Bought a box of slides from an estate auction that appear to be old ballistics lab photos. I did a quick scan of them and uploaded it, if there are any of the slides that anyone wants a better copy of for wallpaper or whatever let me know. There's some really cool pictures in there. I know some of them are backwards, upside down, etc. Just let me know if I need to fix any of them.

Link

Edit: I debated making a thread but eh. I think it's all super cool but I'm short on spare time with work.

mischief fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 8, 2020

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

My SBR rifle rack is also great for my switchbarrel guns, I've discovered. (black guns not mine)

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Sten Freak posted:

From another forum. Connecticut State Police trainees

Rad. All the CT staties I knew were gun guys

e: unrelated pic for the pic gods

DeesGrandpa fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 9, 2020

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

DeesGrandpa posted:

Rad. All the CT staties I knew were gun guys

e: unrelated pic for the pic gods

The actual guns are available for sale according to the guy who posted the pics about them. Here they are at the dealer.

quote:

The Connecticut State Police recently sold/traded off some of their remaining M1928A1 Thompson's I Know a couple were resold by the dealer.

I just spoke to the dealer he has 2 M1928A1s left asking 27.5

111 Elite Firearms in Monroe Ct.

If you have a cool $27.5k burning a hole in your pocket.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Well that's cool that they're selling them instead of sticking them in the back of their armory like NYC has apparently done with their Mini-14's, or even worse, shredding them.

I guess the money's too good to not let those WEAPONS OF WAR onto our streets!!1

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Just playing a lil' Hollywood on the rifle range.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

The ASR beer can brake makes a short AK especially rude.

(thanks for taking cool photos, Miso)

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I did a thing today:

Cut out some Kaizen foam for my Pelican 1r00 and then for my X5. Turned out OK.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Weirdly flat fireball, so much more dramatic from the rear!

Much less rude with the beer can removed, eh?

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Fun Shoe

Threw the suppressor back on the big gun just in case things go sideways.

Drain 001 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 16, 2020

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Drain 001 posted:

Threw the suppressor back on the big gun just in case things go sideways.

is that a tactilol'd up BAR?

picture gods

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Working at home.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Hoooooooray! Itís fixed !

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hoooooooray! It’s fixed !

Yesssss no admins no masters

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

NO ADMINS NO ASSTERS.

Edit: CUM AT ME

8========D ~~~

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

code:
 ,--^----------,--------,-----,-------^--,
 | |||||||||   `--------'     |          O
 `+---------------------------^----------|
   `\_,-------, _________________________|
     / XXXXXX /`|     /
    / XXXXXX /  `\   /
   / XXXXXX /\______(
  / XXXXXX /
 / XXXXXX /
(________(
 `------' 
Is this a picture?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Craptacular posted:

code:
 ,--^----------,--------,-----,-------^--,
 | |||||||||   `--------'     |          O
 `+---------------------------^----------|
   `\_,-------, _________________________|
     / XXXXXX /`|     /
    / XXXXXX /  `\   /
   / XXXXXX /\______(
  / XXXXXX /
 / XXXXXX /
(________(
 `------' 
Is this a picture?

It's a sailboat Glock!

Is this picture the right way around?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Post your quarantine food.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Trying a western spin on a Japanese beef bowl.

About a half cup of orzo pasta, butter, olive oil and various herbs, and some cheap cuts of steak.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yesssssssssssss yesssss let's get fatter togetherrrr

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ham and Cheese two egg omelette.

I like my omelette a little brown while maintaining melted cheese in the middle. I regret nothing.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Iíve got a pork butt sitting in my fridge in a dutch oven slathered in spices and brown sugar and a bit of apple cider vinegar waiting to noon to go in the oven for six hours.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I haven't made spaghetti in years. I accidentally made enough for 6 people because I didn't realize how much of anything I needed. I used ground turkey because it was cheaper than the ground sirloin at the grocery store. The turkey worked pretty good. But I used two bottles of sauce, which I figured one bottle for one box of noodles. Whoops. So I had to pull out a bunch of spaghetti as well as adding another bottle of sauce.

It turned out well in the end but I had to correct a few things I hosed up.

Now I have enough spaghetti until the end of the week as well and I had to freeze some. I'm assuming I'll get bored with it.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Cyrano4747 posted:

I’ve got a pork butt sitting in my fridge in a dutch oven slathered in spices and brown sugar and a bit of apple cider vinegar waiting to noon to go in the oven for six hours.

Look at this guy with no picture in the pics thread.

Quarentine omlet

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Iíve got a pork butt sitting in my fridge in a dutch oven slathered in spices and brown sugar and a bit of apple cider vinegar waiting to noon to go in the oven for six hours.

Forgets to post a picture in the picture thread and talks about needing six hours to do something...

Round bird sees your mistake. Round bird is amused.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Bah I thought this was the drat food thread.

Have multiple photos as penance.

Hey good looking

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

You know itís good when it falls the gently caress apart getting it out is the pot.

Also that juice is going to become some bomb as gently caress sauce. (The package gravy is for some mashed potatoes as a side)

Donít even need to do anything to it. Just reduce it for a few min. The fat and sugar and vinegar thatís already in there does all the work.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Mother loving success with the sauce.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ya'll need some guns in them food photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Don't judge me.