Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so
i dont have to keep
telling you retards
what happened

Lipstick Apathy

Gas tube not needed, cycles fine from the overpressure entering the ejection port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

drat, B4Ctom1. How y'all are?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

ZebraBlade posted:

pseudoretrodissy

I'm feeling this. I'd just switch out the a2 grip.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Proper Kerni ng posted:

Ah... The Lane-Clearerô

I intentionally put a loudener on it

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

infrared35 posted:

drat, B4Ctom1. How y'all are?

Doing great. Have a house in Evans CO now as well.

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

B4Ctom1 posted:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

B4Ctom1 posted:

This photo makes me jaw hurt just from looking at it

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Now shoot it in an indoor range with super hot loads.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Not mine but I am vibing with it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

That looks like a 16" barrel. If someone's trying to make as short a rifle as possible but still remain title I you'd think they'd use a 14.5" w/perm FH. If they're not trying to make a short rifle, then why not use literally any other stock?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Craptacular posted:

That looks like a 16" barrel. If someone's trying to make as short a rifle as possible but still remain title I you'd think they'd use a 14.5" w/perm FH. If they're not trying to make a short rifle, then why not use literally any other stock?

Yeah, you're giving up a lot of cheekweld for space with those.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

The barrel needs to be 18.5" or longer for the rifle to retain it's non-restricted status in Canada.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Thermos posted:

The barrel needs to be 18.5" or longer for the rifle to retain it's non-restricted status in Canada.

Even so I'm kind of struggling to see the utility of the stock.

I mean if it's just "this looks cool" fine, whatever, fly your freak flag. But as far as being a gun goes that's going to be a lot more annoying to actually shoot and the package it collapses down into isn't that much smaller than what you'd get with a regular 'ol M4 stock. The difference in closed length between that and and M4 would be pretty noticeable if it had an 8 inch barrel, but on a rifle sized barrel? Not so much. Meanwhile getting a cheek weld's going to be awkward. Basically all the negatives of a folding wire stock without the main benefits.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Thermos posted:

I thought all AR15's were classified as restricted though, no matter the length?

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Cyrano4747 posted:

Even so I'm kind of struggling to see the utility of the stock.

I mean if it's just "this looks cool" fine, whatever, fly your freak flag. But as far as being a gun goes that's going to be a lot more annoying to actually shoot and the package it collapses down into isn't that much smaller than what you'd get with a regular 'ol M4 stock. The difference in closed length between that and and M4 would be pretty noticeable if it had an 8 inch barrel, but on a rifle sized barrel? Not so much. Meanwhile getting a cheek weld's going to be awkward. Basically all the negatives of a folding wire stock without the main benefits.

Oh I agree with you 100%, a PDW stock on a NR platform is pointless here. Just thought it looked cool with the folding sight and all. f I had the cash to build one I would probably go for as close to a C7 clone as I could get.

Craptacular posted:

I thought all AR15's were classified as restricted though, no matter the length?

There are a couple "not-AR" receiver sets that skirt this classification. I think that one is a MDI SLR. ATRS modern sporter is another popular choice.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Thermos posted:

There are a couple "not-AR" receiver sets that skirt this classification. I think that one is a MDI SLR. ATRS modern sporter is another popular choice.

I just looked at the page for the MDI SLR and the only obvious difference I can see is that the hammer & trigger pins appear to be completely enclosed by the receiver. The ATRS Modern Sporter has a weird kink in the upper and lower to prevent using normal receivers with them. I guess that's enough of a difference from an AR15?

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

There aren't many things that make less sense than canadian gun laws.

Someone can explain the details better but essentially some guns are banned or restricted by features (barrel too short, full auto, etc) while other by name. The AR15 is the latter. Doesn't matter if it has the exact same features as the AR, as long as the lower isn't compatible with AR uppers its fine.

This is the same reason we can't have AKs but valmets are fine.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Hey Sinistral, any revised ETA on the WWSD2020 lowers/complete rifles? I assume poo poo's gone off the rails a bit, but are you still on track for "late Q2"?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Vorkosigan posted:

Hey Sinistral, any revised ETA on the WWSD2020 lowers/complete rifles? I assume poo poo's gone off the rails a bit, but are you still on track for "late Q2"?

I donít think he lurks here you can always PM or email him to check the thread.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Thermos posted:

S
E
X
X
Y

But yeah, Iíd go 14.7 and permanent A2 or something.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

I donít think he lurks here you can always PM or email him to check the thread.

Thought I saw him couple times, but fair enough.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Thermos posted:

I'm Canadian so I understand the discussion that followed this but putting a pdw stock on that heavy barrel is just

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

That thing would be great as a SBR/pistol with carbine length gas on a 10-11Ē

e: FTFY

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 8, 2020

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Soupisgood posted:

When I figure out how to pop open the A1 delta ring and I get a beta mag, I will totally do it up north hollywood style.
I just tripped over this buuuut what the gently caress is wrong with you

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Work has been paying me OBSCENE bonus money to basically live on-site and work 10-12 hour days so that means its 458 SOCOM build time

All the rifle parts should be here by Saturday, most of the reloading stuff is still 2-3 weeks out.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Are you going to build it at work since you live there? Does work have a nice shop bench and tools? Are you living out the Last of Us?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I really want to do a 458 socom build since Iím limited to 10rds anyway... but I have no practical use for it and I think an AOW build would be more fun.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Shaocaholica posted:

Are you going to build it at work since you live there? Does work have a nice shop bench and tools? Are you living out the Last of Us?

Work brought in a few nice camper/RV trailers for a select few of us "essential" personnel that we have to live out of for the next 4 weeks. All food is catered and paid for, same for laundry. Downside is we are pretty much in 24/7 isolation from other people, if we are not in our offices we are in the trailers.

So I guess no I won't really get to build it out for a few weeks at least

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nice, sounds like FOB life basically.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol so its more like the German crew that was building the super lab in Better Call Saul.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

If you've got some beer on tap and a decent soccer field I'd sign up for sure

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

I just tripped over this buuuut what the gently caress is wrong with you

I built a parts kit a1 right before Brownells decided retro guns were going to be super easy, gotta stay ahead of the retro curve before it becomes mainstream. Everyone is slowly shifting towards Colt 723, 727 and xm4 builds so I'm going even more obscure. Once the ar community goes towards Heat/North Hollywood builds I will be lauded as a trend setter. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get working on my diy aramid body armor and load up on barbiturates.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Thermos posted:

There aren't many things that make less sense than canadian gun laws.

Someone can explain the details better but essentially some guns are banned or restricted by features (barrel too short, full auto, etc) while other by name. The AR15 is the latter. Doesn't matter if it has the exact same features as the AR, as long as the lower isn't compatible with AR uppers its fine.

This is the same reason we can't have AKs but valmets are fine.

I'm jealous that Canada gets the HK416A5 in the 11.5" configuration & standard HK stock.

Still stinks they get the neutered mags though.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Soupisgood posted:

I built a parts kit a1 right before Brownells decided retro guns were going to be super easy, gotta stay ahead of the retro curve before it becomes mainstream. Everyone is slowly shifting towards Colt 723, 727 and xm4 builds so I'm going even more obscure. Once the ar community goes towards Heat/North Hollywood builds I will be lauded as a trend setter. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get working on my diy aramid body armor and load up on barbiturates.
sure yeah just wanted to make sure you intended to be explicit about fetishizing weapons used by actual bank robbers/attempted murderers

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

attempted murderers

People fetishized cop guns for yeaaaars dude. Isnt that half of the glock selling point atm?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

But retro AR & AK builds are A-OK.

I'm not tracking, and he's not posting seriously. It'll all be okay.

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

sure yeah just wanted to make sure you intended to be explicit about fetishizing weapons used by actual bank robbers/attempted murderers

Just wait until Hollywood turns Phillips and Mătăsăreanu into the next Bonny and Clyde, I'm thinking Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill could pull it off.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Calling your gun a "North Hollywood build" is at best weird and tone deaf and at worst gross and the actions of human scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I understand "ACAB" is a thing but naming your gun something that pays homage to a bunch of neo-nazis killing police is rather disgusting.