Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Well I got an e mail from optics planet after my handguard was lost by ups due to civil unrest. This one contained two tracking numbers, one for ups and one for USPS. I don't even know what I am going to end up getting now but I can't wait

Probably UPS smart post where they drop it off to USPS for final delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Can ghosts have silver alerts?

are ya calling me a silver ghost fox

you kids and your apps! back in my day we had applications and you had to DOUBLE CLICK BOTH WAYS IN THE SNOW to open them. now you got these new fangled capacitive touch screens with your swiping up and left and gestures

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 5, 2020

IONnio
May 28, 2020

If you can sew or know someone who can sew, you can make a sling like the Proctor sling or the Edgar Sherman sling for around $15.

Buy: Four ITW Nexus Triglides (1”), one ITW Nexus GTLL (1”), one yard of elastic (1”), three yards of 55301 nylon (1”), and some 550 paracord.

For someone around 6’ tall, cut the slider adjust portion 42” and the rear adjust 36”. Most home machines can stitch Gutermann upholstery thread (Tera 40/Tex 75) which has a ~99.6 lb seam strength rating per inch (assuming 8 stitches per) with a new #18 needle. Three inches of stitching should be enough.

The Proctor sling paracord is hollowed out, so the shell only supports ~305 lb of direct load (~35 lb per strand). The barrel adjust can be 8” long or so and the stock length can be 6”. Make a zeppelin bend using a bight and you can loop it through both the webbing and the attachment points.

You can watch their YouTube videos to get a sense of how everything fits together, but worthwhile for anyone interested in DIY/MYOG/frugal.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Speaking of sling talk: Hawaiian Print slings https://warhorseconcepts.com/product-category/hawaiian-quick-adjust-slings/

Just got one, it's rad.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

not black enough posted:

Speaking of sling talk: Hawaiian Print slings https://warhorseconcepts.com/product-category/hawaiian-quick-adjust-slings/

Just got one, it's rad.

God drat you showing me that link.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

not black enough posted:

Just got one, it's rad.

Oh poo poo, this owns

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

are these boogaloo adjacent or anything?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I've been buying and wearing Hawaiian shirts for 20 loving years. This boogaloo poo poo can kiss my rear end, we're getting tropical on an AR god dammit.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

taqueso posted:

The page refers to a single person doing this by saying stuff like "allow me a week" so like 99% chance of yes

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Yeah, I gave up the OK sign and I wrote off the gadsen flag but they can eat my entire rear end in a top hat if they think I'm letting them have my hawaiian shirts.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I gave up the OK sign and I wrote off the gadsen flag but they can eat my entire rear end in a top hat if they think I'm letting them have my hawaiian shirts.

Someone on twitter said eating rear end is a white supremacists dogwhistle so best I can do is a unenthusiastic blowie.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

I got one of Warhorse's M81Wide slings and like it well enough. Might grab an aloha sling to go with my favorite gettin' drunk aloha shirt.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 5, 2020

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Miso Beno posted:

I got one of Warhorse's M81Wide slings and like it well enough. Might grab an aloha sling to go with my favorite gettin' drunk aloha shirt.

I’m sorry but Carribean Sunrise is THE sling.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

ZebraBlade posted:

Someone on twitter said eating rear end is a white supremacists dogwhistle so best I can do is a unenthusiastic blowie.

First they came for the tossed salad, and I did not speak out...

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

taqueso posted:

If they are the owner is mum about it. They seem to mainly advertise through /r/gundeals and similar areas on reddit. Owner's reddit account:
https://www.reddit.com/user/flamtapped/
Seems they got started after getting advice from Wojtek Weaponry (including using the same gimmick of wartime work-animal/mascot). I've ordered rails and gas blocks from wojtek in the past.

All I did though was look through a number of posts and search "boog" and "boogaloo" tied to the author's posts in reddit. Someone else could this if they want to.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 5, 2020

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

"Eating rear end" is absolutely not a white supremacy dog whistle. Neither are those other things, and I refuse to give them up simply because some dorks on 4chan trolled the internet hard enough to believe it.

Eating rear end in a Hawaiian shirt is A-OK.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

taqueso posted:

Did I miss something?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your launch.... 'cause mine's gonna be suborbital

not black enough posted:

Did I miss something?

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a32754893/why-rightwing-protestors-wear-hawaiian-shirts/
https://www.insider.com/boogaloo-bois-protest-far-right-minneapolis-extremist-guns-hawaiian-shirts-2020-5

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Hawaiian shirts and patterns have been co-opted as part of the boogaloo meme, yes.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

This stuff looks perfect, thanks!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Smgdh

Steve Balmer
Jun 25, 2008

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

DEVELOPERS

That Inside Article starts off by trying to paint the Boogaloo Boys as racist / white supremacist affiliated. As you get towards the later paragraphs it's pretty clear that its individual white supremacists who are trying to attach some boogaloo elements to themselves, but that they do not represent the movement as a whole. In fact the article goes on to say prominent Boogaloo memer accounts have openly spoken against racism, are pro-gay, and are strongly opposed to police brutality and is carried through to boogaloo protesters who speak openly in support of BLM.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

I have a LaRue quad rail that I’m trying to remove and I can’t get the handguard nut loose. I am trying to use a strap wrench and it does not want to come undone. I bought a vise and a plastic magazine well holder thing but I don’t have a work table to attach it to.

Any thoughts on how to get the handguard nut off?

Boner Wad fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 6, 2020

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Steve Balmer posted:

That Inside Article starts off by trying to paint the Boogaloo Boys as racist / white supremacist affiliated. As you get towards the later paragraphs it's pretty clear that its individual white supremacists who are trying to attach some boogaloo elements to themselves, but that they do not represent the movement as a whole. In fact the article goes on to say prominent Boogaloo memer accounts have openly spoken against racism, are pro-gay, and are strongly opposed to police brutality and is carried through to boogaloo protesters who speak openly in support of BLM.

Yeah the boogaloo as code for a race war is not really a thing. It's more a gently caress government movement and nazis and other white supremacist get told to gently caress off by many of the people involved.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

It does seem like there is a variety of boogaloo dudes around, hopefully they end up on the right side. Glad to see it isn't just a race-war group.
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1269029027630608384
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1269029377703940096

Burn Zone
May 21, 2004

Young Orc

Hi y'all. For my first AR, instead of building a rifle, I spent a lot of money and bought a Colt LE6920. Ask me anything.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Burn Zone posted:

Hi y'all. For my first AR, instead of building a rifle, I spent a lot of money and bought a Colt LE6920. Ask me anything.

Can we comment about how much you're going to miss having a free-floating handguard?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Assuming you can get it a lil under MSRP that doesn't seem super duper expensive at least.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

I want to apologize for losing track of what thread I was in and helping drag us off topic. So on topic is my almost complete newest build. Just needs a fancy trigger guard, modbutton for the light, and a 5.56 endcap for the omega. This thing handles amazingly well and I cant wait to blast a bunch of rounds through it.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

What's the word on AIM Sports parts? Reviews are mixed.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

I want to apologize for losing track of what thread I was in and helping drag us off topic. So on topic is my almost complete newest build. Just needs a fancy trigger guard, modbutton for the light, and a 5.56 endcap for the omega. This thing handles amazingly well and I cant wait to blast a bunch of rounds through it.

Looks really good.

What's the barrel and handguard on that?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

darnon posted:

Probably UPS smart post where they drop it off to USPS for final delivery.

Hopefully. Both numbers show a package in different locations right now, one near me and the other seems to be in another state. Also the locations that the packages have been don't match up.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

That Works posted:

Looks really good.

What's the barrel and handguard on that?

It's got a rosco 11.5" barrel and bcg. The handguard is the geissele fed rail in OD.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Mambo No. 5 posted:

What's the word on AIM Sports parts? Reviews are mixed.

Depends on the part. For fun or war?

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Range toys. The main functional piece I was looking at was a charging handle. The rest of the stuff was vice blocks and tools. I guess I was looki g at gas blocks too.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I would be wary of gas blocks without at least reading a review. You can get a decent steel gas block for like $20.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

what's a decent off the shelf ar-15 you can recommend to people?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

PookBear posted:

what's a decent off the shelf ar-15 you can recommend to people?

You'll have to denote what "decent" translates to price-wise. The Ruger AR-556 with the free-float M-LOK handguard isn't bad.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

Also will a magpul handguard hold zero for a laser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

PookBear posted:

Also will a magpul handguard hold zero for a laser?

No. Also dont buy a laser. It's a suboptimal aiming system and doesnt work as well in real life as you are thinking. We have all been there but it's not worth the money.