Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Looks like NXT might beat AEW again in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They finally gave Stokely Hathaway something to do!?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

fatherofmustard posted:

Looks like NXT might beat AEW again in 2 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97E5raJpnG4

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NXT was pretty good this week, a shame it was so low rated. I half wonder if the olds who don't seem to have moved over to AEW but seem to have disappeared from the NXT audience are actually being drawn off by Survivor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rick posted:

NXT was pretty good this week, a shame it was so low rated. I half wonder if the olds who don't seem to have moved over to AEW but seem to have disappeared from the NXT audience are actually being drawn off by Survivor.

I mean they're probably all watching the news

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean they're probably all watching the news

That makes a lot more sense.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rick posted:

Isn't the total for NXT and AEW the same?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
No: AEW bounces around between 800k-900k: NXT is always near 700k

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Isn't the total for NXT and AEW the same?

AEW has steadily performed 75k-200k more than nxt since january.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just wanna say that Sam Roberts is terrible on commentary.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay Dakota won!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Codependent Poster posted:

Just wanna say that Sam Roberts is terrible on commentary.

He is actively making everything worse by talking.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They did the finish they did so they could have another match at the Summerslam Takeover, didn't they?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

They did the finish they did so they could have another match at the Summerslam Takeover, didn't they?

Apparently when Johnny and Candice are walking to their car Killer Kross and Scarlet are sitting in another one watching them, so that's probalby his next thing,

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

so did wwe have kross and scarlett show up to orlando just for that spot during a pandemic...?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently when Johnny and Candice are walking to their car Killer Kross and Scarlet are sitting in another one watching them, so that's probalby his next thing,

I haven't watched any of this but Kross and Scarlett as faces against Johnny and Candice sure is a choice.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Aphrodite posted:

I know he said he doesn't want to but I could almost see Ciampa getting called up then, seeing as how he's lost his last two big programs.

Also, why did the ref get bumped when the match was no DQ anyways?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

I know he said he doesn't want to but I could almost see Ciampa getting called up then, seeing as how he's lost his last two big programs.

Also, why did the ref get bumped when the match was no DQ anyways?

I think that was when Ciampa had the visual pin.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

I think that was when Ciampa had the visual pin.

Yeah it was this, I was annoyed by the bump but they actually used it.

The editing in the match was insane. They were cutting away mid-sentence while people were talking. And none of the cuts served any purpose, not even to hide impacts or anything.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine how loving cool it would have been if they just used ONE camera

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine how loving cool it would have been....

In riptide/with riptide camera crew with half the length

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I guess this cruiserweight title thing is supposed to be like a round robin tournament. That could be fun maybe? Maybe?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rick posted:

I guess this cruiserweight title thing is supposed to be like a round robin tournament. That could be fun maybe? Maybe?

If nothing else it's the most efficient way to generate the most television from a limited pool of wrestlers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Once again, it takes a world-ending plague to get WWE to realise something the rest of the wrestling world figured out years ago.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Gaz-L posted:

Once again, it takes a world-ending plague to get WWE to realise something the rest of the wrestling world figured out years ago.

That the Irish should not be champions

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Accident Underwater posted:

That the Irish should not be champions

:argh:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
NXT might be the American show where the lack of crowd is the least distracting, possibly because I already tuned their annoying crowd out most of the time (thank you Ipmact Zone I guess for teaching me how to do that I guess). Fairly decent show again that probably almost no one but me watched again. Honestly with Finn and Charlotte down there the star power is pretty on par with Raw.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Isn't Finn on NXT: UK going for WALTER? or is that plot taking place on regular NXT; I don't even know anymore, I try to keep up with the results but pretty much only watch Takeovers + Preshow which usually give you video packages of why the 2 people in the ring are fighting...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that feud is stalled because NXT UK is dead due to the corona virus and the guys in europe can't come to the US to do wrestling.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Clearly the problem that Johnny and Candice have is they only own a single fork.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The ref is fine with a guy randomly joining the match but he admonishes him for not holding the tag rope lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I saw highlights of the main event and the best part is that Dexter Lumis doesn't even come out to help, he just magically appears in Dream's corner between camera cuts.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I woulda stood there and laughed at the guy. WWE matches are the worst.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not even live, why wouldn't you just redo it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

close enough. who cares about the matches

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Maybe Tozawa just has magical powers?

I blame the other guys for both botches because Tozawa loving rules and sells like he's trying to feed his kids

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

coconono posted:

I woulda stood there and laughed at the guy. WWE matches are the worst.

Tozawa has to go with that move right away, he can't stop and wait to see if the other guy does his part well. Because then it's delayed and would look even worse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tozawa has to go with that move right away, he can't stop and wait to see if the other guy does his part well. Because then it's delayed and would look even worse.

if I was being charitable, I'd say it looks like Strickland caught Tozawa under the chin. Which should have been a crash instead of a flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the second one Tozawa not getting his foot up high enough, or a rope kick spot he does Theory doesn't know about?