Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Crazyeyes posted:

Time up. What are you going to do?

I literally don't have time to read, so

Mr. Steak posted:

y'all i know deadline is soon, and bitesized posts are easier to digest. but please take a moment to consider my argument here

This argument looks solid enough for me to hang my hat on at least for Day 1, I'll eat whatever heat I get for not showing up later, gently caress it

##vote Leith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Steak posted:

unless this game is flipless and jen didnt tell us, death = fullclaim.

hunt definitely thinks he's going to die, and the lack of claim proves that his post wasn't performative at all. compare to leith's fullclaim post where he says similarly defeatist words, but goes ahead and fullclaims anyway. that means he secretly had a hope that the claim would prevent his lunch. performative giving up. thats the main difference in my eyes. yeah maybe im tunneling on leith and seeing what i want to see, but these are still important differences in behavior. reading into them, the conclusion is clear. hunt is genuinely a townie giving up, and leith isnt

I think this is a difference in play style. If I am going to be lunch, I give town as much information and interaction as I can before I am lunch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote Leith

The personal against this vote and switch to Hunt makes me think we are baking up the right tree.

I also think Leiths claim was weird.

I had a phone interview this morning so sorry for absence.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IllegallySober posted:

Think its pretty straightforward that its referencing this?

I legitimately don't see how y'all took that and ran away with it but I, again, had a busy weekend and literally just got home from work so I'm throwing down a vote to not NL.

I'll make arguments in my defense when we don't have 10m to deadline.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

The personal against this vote and switch to Hunt makes me think we are baking up the right tree.

I know you’re typing quickly but this doesn’t parse to me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

b-minus1 posted:

>_>
<_<

We could always no lunch today

another fine b-minus1 poast

##vote Leith in an effort to avoid no-lunch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (11): Mr. Steak, Crazyeyes, Hunt11, merk, peramene, CapitalistPig, Dragonatrix, Mithross, dmboogie, xiw, Epsilon Plus, merk, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, merk, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Monathin, SalTheBard
Hunt11 (9): Amnistar, Nep-Nep, merk, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, merk
Monathin (2): King Burgundy, dmboogie, merk, Leith Maclaine, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Ixtlilton, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, merk, King Burgundy
merk (1): Squiggly
Amnistar (0): SalTheBard, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, IllegallySober, merk, merk, xiw, xiw
dmboogie (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Epsilon Plus (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Mr. Humalong
King Burgundy (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
Ruggan (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Amnistar, Ixtlilton, IllegallySober, Amnistar, IllegallySober, Ixtlilton
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (1): Ruggan

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IllegallySober posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (11): Mr. Steak, Crazyeyes, Hunt11, merk, peramene, CapitalistPig, Dragonatrix, Mithross, dmboogie, xiw, Epsilon Plus, merk, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, merk, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Monathin, SalTheBard
Hunt11 (9): Amnistar, Nep-Nep, merk, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, merk
Monathin (2): King Burgundy, dmboogie, merk, Leith Maclaine, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Ixtlilton, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, merk, King Burgundy
Amnistar (0): SalTheBard, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, IllegallySober, merk, merk, xiw, xiw
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Mr. Humalong
Ruggan (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Amnistar, Ixtlilton, IllegallySober, Amnistar, IllegallySober, Ixtlilton

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

you missed epsilon

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

:redhammer:

Go get them town.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Leith is at -1

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Go get them town.

um, no? lol

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Yep, I miscounted. I will vote myself in 3 if no one else does.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Steak posted:

you missed epsilon

Must have been while I copy/pasted, sorry.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Leith

The PUSHBACK against this vote and switch to Hunt makes me think we are baking up the right tree.

I also think Leiths claim was weird.

I had a phone interview this morning so sorry for absence.

Mafia edit sorry

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (12): Mr. Steak, Crazyeyes, Hunt11, merk, peramene, CapitalistPig, Dragonatrix, Mithross, dmboogie, xiw, Epsilon Plus, merk, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, merk, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Monathin, SalTheBard, Epsilon Plus
Hunt11 (8): Amnistar, Nep-Nep, merk, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, merk, Epsilon Plus

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 6 minutes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm just gonna transparently ask if anyone is able/up for amping me tonight I'd appreciate it

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mr. Steak posted:

y'all i know deadline is soon, and bitesized posts are easier to digest. but please take a moment to consider my argument here

That's a pretty valid point, but I still don't think it really works in practice. Leith claimed at -3 and then posted a quick one-sentence "guess I'm the lunch" a couple hours afterwards. That comes off as more genuine to me overall, especially since even after that he's still around posting. It's acknowledging that it's a bad spot, but working in it anyway. Hunt, meanwhile, just moaned about being voted and hasn't posted since.

I'll still switch to Leith, since he looks quite bad overall, but I think this part isn't quite the smoking gun you seem to think it is?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

I'll still switch to Leith to avoid NL, since he looks quite bad overall, but I think this part isn't quite the smoking gun you seem to think it is?

Maf edit

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

No lunches are bad. I will self vote before a no lunch because at least a town flip gives town info that can relied on right now.

##vote Leith

Go get them town.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
before hammer i'll say one thing to townies. dont target me tonight

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Third time is the charm.

Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (12): Mr. Steak, Crazyeyes, Hunt11, merk, peramene, CapitalistPig, Dragonatrix, Mithross, dmboogie, xiw, Epsilon Plus, merk, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, merk, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Monathin, SalTheBard, Epsilon Plus
Hunt11 (8): Amnistar, Nep-Nep, merk, Ixtlilton, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, peramene, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, merk, Epsilon Plus

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 4 minutes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm just gonna transparently ask if anyone is able/up for amping me tonight I'd appreciate it

if we no-lunch and this is your last post in the thread I'll rip your favorite poster in half

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Welp never mind then :redhammer:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reminder:

Jen X posted:

You may talk openly during the nights, in-thread, so long as you are careful to not discuss the game in any way during said nights. Please consider nights to begin as soon as the execution is hammered.

so i guess this is only for stuff like "i had eggs for breakfast this morning"? lol

seems silly, but at least there's a public space where i can heckle the mod to start the next day faster

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

(source: https://www.courtellyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Sword-featured-425-933x425.png)
    "Oh my, this one is complicated. I wonder if anyone realized that he was...a bit different, if you know what I mean."

Raven grinned, idly moving closer to the shimmering well showing live footage of the ongoing battle.

"You mean he wasn't all there mentally?" Coyote prompted, idly scratching his back. "I do not, in fact, know what you mean."

"No, I mean he literally...oh, the identity hiding thing Wukong did is fading, you'll see."

Just a few worlds to the right, Leith Macclaine draws their final breath, showing themselves to be:
code:
Horus, Egyptian God of the Sky, a Confidant!...and also Harpocrates, Greek God of Secrets!

Role PM posted:

Each night, in your confessional channel, choose a player: you may either pantheon cop them (determine which pantheon they belong to) or watch them (see who visited them, besides you, that night.) If you watch a player, you will be silenced the next day (unable to post except through voting.) You may not choose the same player two nights in a row.

If you are investigated by an investigative role, results commensurate with both Harpocrates, Greek God of Secrets and Horus, Egyptian God of the Sky will be given to the investigator.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Secret-Keeper, and at night, you may, instead of watching or pantheon copping your target, alignment cop them, jail them, or role cop them. Additionally, you may choose to silence your target instead of yourself.

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!
    "Ah, you were talking about the...being two syncretic gods in one thing, I suppose. Disappointing. I expected a better reveal."

"Eh, they can't all be winners. Horus certainly wasn't."

:siren: Night will begin later today and probably end around 6 pm-ish tomorrow. End of day resolution stuff will be slightly delayed; apologies, the mod did not think this "end day at noon" thing through. :siren:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

gently caress. Sorry. Long day at work already and I misread the noon as CST not EST.

How about that stock market?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Looks like that sure is some volatility, yessiree

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

To quote George Carlin

Trading has gotten a bit spiritied.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

my stock account with acorns has lost like 12% of its value in a week

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

gently caress. Sorry. Long day at work already and I misread the noon as CST not EST.

its not est its edt, get it right

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Ruggan posted:

My retirement fund dropped in value by 15%....

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I got caught up in stuff and forgot to come back. Sorry

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh. Umm. I had breakfast today.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Epsilon Plus posted:

my stock account with acorns has lost like 12% of its value in a week

The new Animal Crossing isn’t even out yet and already it’s brutal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

My retirement fund dropped in value by 15%....

I decided not to look at mine.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

King Burgundy posted:

I decided not to look at mine.

On the plus side all my contributions now are gonna be worth even more!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:siren:Okay, uh, sorry about that! Anyway, Night 1 ends on March 11th at 6 PM Eastern time.:siren:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mafia when