Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

"You're not getting away that easily, Keane."

Nep shoots another arrow into the sky. Keane smirks.

"OH? BUT YOU ALREADY TRIED TO KILL ME. WHY WOULD THIS BE ANY DIFFERENT?"

Nep laughs at the giant.

"Oh, perhaps, but..."

"...something tells me it absolutely will."

Keane looks up.

"OH."

What's left of CCKeane turns to dust before dissipating in the wind, and as you finally recognize the ashes of his victims, you all know that he was:

code:
Surtr, Norse Fire Giant, a Searing Killer! 
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

You mourn for those who vanished, the people whose ashes you can identify by divine sense.

The remains of Squiggly:

code:
Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea, a Roleblocker!
The vanished King Burgundy:

code:
Athena, Greek Goddess of Knowledge, a Scientist turned Omnicop!
The fallen Mr. Humalong:

code:
Fujin, Japanese God of Wind, a Storm Mason turned Windweaver!
And the recently-departed xiw:

code:
Odin, Norse God of Prophecy, a Double Tracker!
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Role PMs:

Surtr:

SURTR Role PM posted:

Each night, in your confessional, choose a player to kill: you will juggernaut, janitor murder that player (meaning you will bypass one layer of protection, and if they die, their roleflip will not be revealed and they will instead vanish.)

You learn the roles of those you kill. Your victims’ roleflips are revealed if and/or when you die.

You have a oneshot lynchproof, meaning that the first time you are executed, you instead survive.

If you visit a certain player, you will become co-aligned masons with them, meaning you will be given a chat channel and you will both be able to win with either player’s win condition.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Flame Herald, and your lynchproof becomes an extra life, if you still have it, or you gain an extra life, if your lynchproof is used up. Further, you gain a secondary win condition, existing in concert with your current one: you will win if, at game end, there are five or less players alive.

You are a third party giant serial killer, and you win when there are or will inevitably be either no players left alive, or no players left alive besides yourself!

Your provided fakeclaim is Baldr, Norse God of Light, Town Blinding Vigilante.

Poseidon:

POSEIDON Role PM posted:

Each night, you may roleblock a player by indicating such in your confessional channel. You have a oneshot triple roleblock (target 3 players: they are all roleblocked). For obvious reasons, you cannot self-target.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Aquamancer, and you may perform your action by hiding inside someone else. This means you are untargetable, but are hit by any action that targets whoever you pick. Your hiding target is shown visiting and roleblocking your roleblock target. You may not roleblock the person you hide in.

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

Athena:

ATHENA Role PM posted:

Each night, you may choose 2 players in your confessional channel. You visit them, and learn if they share an alignment. Once per game, as part of submitting your action, you may learn the alignment of one of your current targets. You may not target yourself. You may not target the same player(s) two nights in a row.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Omnicop, and at night, instead of learning the comparative alignment of two players, you may instead choose to omnicop a player. This will give you their rolename, role, flavor, pantheon, and alignment.

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

Fujin:

FUJIN Role PM posted:

You are masons with Raijin, who is confirmed to be town-aligned and possessing the role of “Raijin, Japanese God of Thunder”.

Each night, in your masonry, the two of you will collectively decide which of you will obtain a stack of bulletproof for the night (equivalent to being protected by a doctor). This is not a targeting power.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Windweaver, and at night you will automatically watch yourself and Raijin, learning who visits either of you.

Odin:

ODIN Role PM posted:

Each night, you may choose 2 players. You learn who they visit.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Pathfinder, and at night, instead of tracking, you may watch either or both of your targets.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
owned

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh good that confirms Amni

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Yeah, that's right. Confirmed town bitches.

Also, didnt flip steak.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
When I said I "fire arrows of truth and light" I was being colorful I did not expect I'd end up revealing a majority of the hidden flips in this game

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Which means steak would have been milled by death squad through their mechanics that mimics tricksters.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Fortunately this all happened early in the day so we have plenty of time to look into this flips and start doing some casework

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah it would've been nice if he were scum instead of SK, which I honestly didn't think existed in the game at this point with the number of times we've had 1 kill. I'm curious after the game if he wants to explain his Hum kill though, his first two are just low content players, and xiw was on him but Hum confirmed and also likely to be protected or watched or something imo. Glad we got Keane though, sorry you went down like that friend.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

Yeah it would've been nice if he were scum instead of SK, which I honestly didn't think existed in the game at this point with the number of times we've had 1 kill. I'm curious after the game if he wants to explain his Hum kill though, his first two are just low content players, and xiw was on him but Hum confirmed and also likely to be protected or watched or something imo. Glad we got Keane though, sorry you went down like that friend.

Pretty sure he was fishing for a second win condition, not positive though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##Philosopher's Stone Amnistar

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

isn't amnistar already amplified?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I might've missed that, just figured it made sense to toss the amping item to confirmed town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
wait once you're amplified are you that way forever?

I may be misunderstanding how this works.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Jen X posted:

In this game, your roles and role powers can be enhanced by amplification. The specific means of becoming amplified are not immediately known to all, but in all cases, being amplified is a good thing! Well, for you. Maybe not so much for your opponents. Note: Amplification is permanent.

From the OP

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CapitalistPig posted:

wait once you're amplified are you that way forever?

Yes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol at reading words

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also I read KB and I didn't find a breadcrumb for the connected players' alignments or who he targeted n1 which kinda sucks, anyone else see it?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I’d give the stone to Amni after that, sure. Sorry Amni for what turned out to be false suspicion.

##philosopher’s stone Amnistar

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Amnistar posted:

Pretty sure it's clear by now. Pera amplified me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXGpSAR6hFQ

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

This sums exactly what I decided to do with my free time the past couple hours instead of casing. I'll put in effort tomorrow.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
also I just want so say I really appreciate the pun "Searing Killer"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5jJrv2kjY

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ruggan for now

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can someone make an easy list of flips broken down by alignment? I’m on a phone today or would myself.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Town Kills:
Leith - Horus, Egyptian - Town
Hunt - Zeus, Greek - Town
Monathin -Anansi, Akan - Trickster God
dmboogie - Hel, Norse - Death Gods
CrazyEyes - Loki, Norse - Trickster God
CCKeane - Fire Giant, Norse - 3p/Self

Steak Kills:
B-minus1 - Aten, Egyptian - 3P/Self

Hum Kills:
EP+ - Prometheus, Greek - 3P/Self

Trickster Kills:
SalTheBard - Amaterasu, Japanese - Town

Giant Kils:
Squiggly - Poseidon, Greek - Town
King Burgundy - Athena, Greek - Town
Humalong - Fujin, Japanese - Town

Death Aligned Kills?
Steak - ??? -???

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Town Kills:
Leith - Horus, Egyptian - Town
Hunt - Zeus, Greek - Town
Monathin -Anansi, Akan - Trickster God
dmboogie - Hel, Norse - Death Gods
CrazyEyes - Loki, Norse - Trickster God
CCKeane - Fire Giant, Norse - 3p/Self

Steak Kills:
B-minus1 - Aten, Egyptian - 3P/Self

Hum Kills:
EP+ - Prometheus, Greek - 3P/Self

Trickster Kills:
SalTheBard - Amaterasu, Japanese - Town

Giant Kils:
Squiggly - Poseidon, Greek - Town
King Burgundy - Athena, Greek - Town
Humalong - Fujin, Japanese - Town

Death Aligned Kills?
Steak - ??? -???

Forgot Mona, also trickster god.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is the giant a bad guy? Have we figured this out?

I guess we hunt death gods now.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqjln6Gy-Ak

also there was half a list here but now it's irrelevant. The giant was the SK.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Is the giant a bad guy? Have we figured this out?

I guess we hunt death gods now.

"You are a third party giant serial killer, and you win when there are or will inevitably be either no players left alive, or no players left alive besides yourself!"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, why is Amnistar confirmed town now?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

"You are a third party giant serial killer, and you win when there are or will inevitably be either no players left alive, or no players left alive besides yourself!"

Oh. Dead. Excellent.

Just death gods that we know of likely?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk posted:

Also, why is Amnistar confirmed town now?

FUJIN Role PM posted:
You are masons with Raijin, who is confirmed to be town-aligned and possessing the role of “Raijin, Japanese God of Thunder”.

Each night, in your masonry, the two of you will collectively decide which of you will obtain a stack of bulletproof for the night (equivalent to being protected by a doctor). This is not a targeting power.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Windweaver, and at night you will automatically watch yourself and Raijin, learning who visits either of you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if it's become the norm, but I appreciate a serial killer wincon where you win if you tie

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
man I love this amplified mechanic too

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok cool. I’m caught up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The good news is that I can read the game and basically ignore a ton of third parties and the dead scum team. We should focus on dmboogie and the lynch of dmboogie. I will try on my phone when I can.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Unfortunately we had an Ixt result really early in the day on him so there might not be much there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Pera do you have any scum reads yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

let's take a look at boogie together and see what's what