Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CharlestheHammer posted:

Elon really needs to pick a lane. It’s either not that bad actually or it’s bad and Elon is fixing it personally

The latter failed spectacularly so he's going with the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1251876504826503173

Where it gets thread relevant

https://twitter.com/such_hockey_wow/status/1251877779236368384

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Piss Meridian posted:

I'm a meat EVA

THAT'S why I have a screaming, worthless 15yo trapped in my brain.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Someone change the quarantine line to "immigration" and start tweeting it everywhere

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

-DO NOT DELETE MY CAPTION-

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Why should I trust an Italian that hated pasta?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1251255782408060930

"The Pantaleo Effect", as in people are now justifiably afraid that the NYPD will strangle them to death.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

wow, the people we keep killing keep trying to fight for their life. really not respecting the uniform, smh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

broke: sex drive
woke: death drive

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

"The Pantaleo Effect", as in people are now justifiably afraid that the NYPD will strangle them to death.
I know which uniform in that video I support!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3raKrkl3D4

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

chitoryu12 posted:

Something about this reply made me laugh. Better fix the grammar, or no one will take my opinion seriously!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SiKboy posted:

Have you ever looked directly to the left of one of your posts?

Yeah im on my phone, it's my leg

Wait

Oh God no

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:siren: Hello, IoSM! :siren:

I come bearing a gift. Some of you will probably hate it. Others might not. It is, in either case, especially relevant to this thread, so I would like to share it here with you all:

A brand new RULE OF THE DAY! Wow!

As a mod, I advise you follow it; as a long-time poster in this thread alongside you all, I ask you to.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I come bearing a gift. Some of you will probably hate it. Others might not. It is, in either case, especially relevant to this thread, so I would like to share it here with you all:

As a mod, I advise you follow it; as a long-time poster in this thread alongside you all, I ask you to.

Birbless

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Raj is a loving treasure

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Seeing variants of this crap going around today. I checked the webcams myself on Friday and the beach was pretty drat busy about an hour after opening (someone took a screenshot saying it was just after it opened and I wanted to check if it was legit, and it seemed to be).

The Forbes article was published on Saturday with a photo clearly marked as being taken on Friday as the beaches opened. The photographers post on Facebook contains more images, one of which includes a plane overhead with a banner telling people to stand apart, so it’s legit and not something recycled from before.

It’s literally the equivalent of ‘the mainstream news tells you during rush hour on Monday the I-95 is busy, but we checked it out at 6am on a Sunday and it was quiet. The lame stream media are lying to you once again!’

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Don't trust vetted news sources! Trust me, an unsigned facebook post!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

source ur quotes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1251850326329745410?s=20
Millennials "everyone remembers where they were when X happened" is 9-11 you rear end in a top hat.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought "where were you when thing happened" for Gen X was the Challenger explosion

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought it was the fall of the Berlin wall.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
considering I'm the tail end of gen x (1980) and 9/11 was just before my 21st birthday, I'd say millennials were the ones that had it as a youth-defining moment. Xers was the Wall falling, probably. Boomers had JFK and/or Woodstock. 9/11 was the redefinition of the world and actively remembering a world before it makes a difference in how someone looks at everything else and processes reality.

e: in fairness 9/11 broke about 1/3 of the world's goddamn brains so it's hardly a generational thing

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Apr 20, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was a high school senior and I'm on the older end of millenial, I think it's more defining to millenials because we were the first generation that had people joining the military and then dying in foreign countries in pointless wars because of it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Joke's on them, we no longer have to remember where we were now that we can just go back through our post history and relive our thoughts on whatever event.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Disney released an album featuring Goofy singing I'm Blue by Eiffel 65 fourteen days before 9/11 and I'm compelled to bring it up every chance I get

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Danaru posted:

Disney released an album featuring Goofy singing I'm Blue by Eiffel 65 fourteen days before 9/11 and I'm compelled to bring it up every chance I get

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXKQ6t0UPdU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
The second tweet is moronic but there's an element of truth to it- if someone dies as a result of coronavirus but wasn't specifically killed by it (in NYC a lot of people with coronavirus symptoms are dying of heart attacks), how is that counted? Did my mom die of liver failure, or of the cancer that metastasized into her liver and made it shut down? How do we know if they would have lived past that date if they hadn't caught coronavirus?

Related to this, Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

The second tweet is moronic but there's an element of truth to it- if someone dies as a result of coronavirus but wasn't specifically killed by it (in NYC a lot of people with coronavirus symptoms are dying of heart attacks), how is that counted? Did my mom die of liver failure, or of the cancer that metastasized into her liver and made it shut down? How do we know if they would have lived past that date if they hadn't caught coronavirus?

I think a lot of those deaths are not being recorded as due to covid, so mostly anyone who dies from covid related complications to an underlying condition it's not being recorded as because of covid.

I know in France they just flat out weren't counting people who died at home or in a nursing home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1251729556790218752?s=20

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

so are we going to move this thread to cspam or what because every goddamn post itt is cspam material, along with the authoritarian thread, the trump vocaloid lib poo poo thread, and arguably the Onion thread

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I'm re-reading a book about the Jodi Arias case right now, so I find this extra funny.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TheKennedys posted:

considering I'm the tail end of gen x (1980) and 9/11 was just before my 21st birthday, I'd say millennials were the ones that had it as a youth-defining moment. Xers was the Wall falling, probably. Boomers had JFK and/or Woodstock. 9/11 was the redefinition of the world and actively remembering a world before it makes a difference in how someone looks at everything else and processes reality.

e: in fairness 9/11 broke about 1/3 of the world's goddamn brains so it's hardly a generational thing

Also, for Americans, where were you during OJ Simpson's Bronco chase.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

TheKennedys posted:

300 million is nowhere near one-third of six billion, dude.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It wasn’t just a US thing though, poo poo got real for a huge part of the world.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Also, for Americans, where were you during OJ Simpson's Bronco chase.

on the couch watching it on tv where I have remained ever since in case he does it again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trickybiscuits posted:

By this logic nobody dies of AIDS though.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

vyelkin posted:

By this logic nobody dies of AIDS though.

...but don't they actually say something like this, I know I've heard 'AIDS-related complications' given as a reason for someone dying?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

https://twitter.com/DayTheatre/status/1251228774227759111?s=19

Hey I know what'll help us beat COVID—racism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
More like basket case theatre