Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I just had an epiphany: the internet is useless!

Ultra Carp

Well, the apocalypse is upon us. Instead of universal, regular payments in meaningful amounts the US government has opted to send $1200 to (almost) everyone, once, at some point in the future, maybe. Sure, we could spend it on necessities like food, rent, or healthcare. But is that gonna help you in the post apocalyptic wasteland? No, we've all seen mad max. You need guns!

I'm leaning toward the Henry Axe:

https://www.henryusa.com/firearms/lever-action-axe-410/

Classy, old west styling. Reliable manual action. Lightweight and versatile .410 chambering. Priced as low as $675 pre-panic.

Other options:

The Grand Power Stribog A3:

https://www.grandpowerusa.net/strib...stribog-sp9-a3/

Roller delayed blowback 9mm for probably under $1000. Not out yet, but that's fine. The government checks probably won't get here for another 5 months anyway!

The Serbu RN-50:

.50 BMG for $1199! A real bargain.

https://serbu.com/rn-50/

Any other good choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

I put in a pre-order for a Kriss vector .22lr with the Canadian equivalent.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

For me, it's probably going to be a cz452/455 if I can find the discontinued one I want, some solvent trap kits and tax stamps, maybe another .357 lever gun.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

I'd love to find a BSAT marked Pattern 1853.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I need a bigger safe before I buy anymore guns, my little Stack-On is starting to get very cramped and I have no more shelf space for handguns. So probably a new safe.

I WAS planning to finish my AR build with the money but Faxon doesn't have the barrel in stock.

Action-Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 7, 2020

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Tyro posted:

For me, it's probably going to be a cz452/455 if I can find the discontinued one I want, some solvent trap kits and tax stamps, maybe another .357 lever gun.

Buddy of mine has the CZ 455 with the mannlicher stock, it rules. It's a little small for my frame or I'd hunt around for one. My only rimfires are a crappy old Marlin that only fires every 9th round or so, haven't sorted that, and my great grandpaps Woodsman. I'd love a better .22 rifle for small game around here.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

Buddy of mine has the CZ 455 with the mannlicher stock, it rules. It's a little small for my frame or I'd hunt around for one. My only rimfires are a crappy old Marlin that only fires every 9th round or so, haven't sorted that, and my great grandpaps Woodsman. I'd love a better .22 rifle for small game around here.

Let me know if he wants to sell it!

Really kicking myself for not completing the order I placed for one in 2018. Would've been about $400 new, shipped to my FFL. I'm resigned to pay a good bit more for a used one now.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I sold mine, miss it a little but redirecting that towards a 457 with a threaded barrel (at one stock ideally)

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Local store has Bushmaster ACRs for about $1200.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

I need a bigger safe before I buy anymore guns, my little Stack-On is starting to get very cramped and I have no more shelf space for handguns. So probably a new safe.

I WAS planning to finish my AR build with the money but Faxon doesn't have the barrel in stock.

This, this, and this.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Oh yeah BM-59 from James River Armory is an idea.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Then again I could go all the way and get a CETME-L.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pr...e-fdr-marcolmar

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Parts Kit posted:

Or $1200 in silver.

If you can find a seller.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Parts Kit posted:

$1199, it was meant to be!

The cetme has a really interesting history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Njddshr3n8

Developed to solve the seemingly intractable problem of accurate full auto at long distance, it originally fired an aluminum round wrapped around a heavier core.

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 8, 2020

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Just realized I might actually get a check.

Totes spending it on a can.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Akion posted:

Just realized I might actually get a check.

Totes spending it on a can.

Also a good idea. poo poo.

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.

You can buy 11 Hi-Points. You'll never have to reload, just chuck the pistol when it runs out and pick up a new one!

*You will have to reload after you finally run out of ammo in all your Hi-Points.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Fhistleb posted:

You can buy 11 Hi-Points. You'll never have to reload, just chuck the pistol when it runs out and pick up a new one!

*You will have to reload after you finally run out of ammo in all your Hi-Points.

The shittest Boondock Saints cosplay ever.

I might buy something cheap if I find a weird .22 or something at the right price, but I just don't shoot enough and none of the ranges are taking new members. Sucks. Was eyeballing some poo poo-rear end MAC-10 knockoffs tho, thanks Shima.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Im using my trumpbux for a Dillon XL750 with case feeder and all the other goodies. The setup I want for 9mm/223 is around $1700 so i'll have to use some of the absolutely ridiculous bonus pay I am getting from work right now.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

An uberti 1873 repro is around 1200 and I have a bunch of 45lc already

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Was eyeballing some poo poo-rear end MAC-10 knockoffs

None finer than the masterpiece arms MPA. This one is chambered in 5.7! For ultimate tactical utility.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mp...-7x28mm-pistol/

Get a ruger 57 to go along with it.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Why even buy a MAC-alike that isn't shaped like a metal brick with a brick grip and a long-rear end stick mag

Stamped, straight lines. It must look like an old-timey lunch box that kills people.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ungh. I want to get an integrally suppressed barrel for my 10/22 TD with part of my check, but a normal .22 can is more versatile...

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Akion posted:

Ungh. I want to get an integrally suppressed barrel for my 10/22 TD with part of my check, but a normal .22 can is more versatile...

Stamp approvals are coming back in batches so the only logical answer is get both

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Depends what the check looks like but I'm thinking either a .22lr can and 9mm can, or .22lr can and 5.56 can.

How are multi-cal cans these days? My calibers are .22lr, 9mm, 7.62x39 and 5.56. I'd like to maybe pick up a .308 at some point. Are there any that cover part of that spread well?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You should get a separate .22LR can at a minimum due to how filthy it can get. I know there are multi-cal cans that cover everything else you're talking about, but I wouldn't use them for a .22. Even if they're able to be disassembled for cleaning, you're looking at a much heavier can.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Was eyeballing some poo poo-rear end MAC-10 knockoffs tho, thanks Shima.

Don't they generally have pretty aggressive trigger slap?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

I've been wanting a SAA clone for a while and I think I will finally pick one up, just have to decide if I want a Vaquero or not.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

CongoJack posted:

I've been wanting a SAA clone for a while and I think I will finally pick one up, just have to decide if I want a Vaquero or not.

Same, same.

Although, I've been watching a ton of westerns and I've settled on the Uberti Cattleman Old West.

IMO, a vaquero is kind of a half measure and I'd either want the modern sights of a blackhawk or the "could be a movie prop" finishing applied to the Cattleman Old West.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862157350

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'd love a good coach gun. Does Uberti still make theirs? Or was it Rossi?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I'm just probably going to get a bunch of 9mm Blue Bullets.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

What the hell is this, a plastic bullet designed for cheaper and cleaner reloading for practice and competition? I had no idea, neat! I mean, they still deform right? Or do you like...melt them back down??

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

It's a lead bullet, it just has a plastic coating over it. It's cheaper than FMJ, but is cleaner to shoot than bare lead. You can safely shoot them out of polygonal Glock barrels (unlike bare lead), which is important to me because I mostly shoot Glocks. There's lots of different companies out there that produce similar bullets.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Cool, and more ammo is (and thus more competition) is very cool.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Weird ammo is pretty rad and whoever the goon was that linked the Forgotten Weapons episode about the CETME is also cool and rad. That weird copper/aluminium bullet they developed for it was cool as hell.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

CongoJack posted:

Look at the Great Western 2; I got one in 45LC and am impressed at the craftsmanship for the price point.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...2.cfm/ID/191227

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dingleberry posted:

Look at the Great Western 2; I got one in 45LC and am impressed at the craftsmanship for the price point.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...2.cfm/ID/191227

FWIW all/most parts are completely comparable with and actual colt 1873. The only think i switched out was the cylinder pin safety thing for a NOS colt pin from Numrich.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Nap Ghost

I have been tempted to use my government bribe on a pc carbine to prepare for the wasteland. On the other hand i found a deal on a browning 525 in 20 gauge that looks pretty.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Yep, think Iím going to get that CETME-L.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Fuk it, CETME-L ordered

«8 »