Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol this is why you don't wait until deadline, btw for all you rusty vets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Amnistar posted:

Yes, because I've been looking for scum and ignoring the push for xopods. Because Xopods very likely isn't scum and this push is a bad push.

I guess you should have come up with more convincing cases then

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I guess you should have come up with more convincing cases then

...this post is a bad post, and I dislike you for making it Jose.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

xopods (10): Mikujin, kingcobweb, Tom Tucker, Jose Valasquez, zzyzx, Leith Maclaine, EccoRaven, Pussy Quipped, Jose Valasquez, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, kingcobweb, kingcobweb, Kloaked00, Spoonsy
kingcobweb (9): yuming, yuming, xopods, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar, Deadbeat Dad, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus
Hal Incandenza (1): Dexanth, xopods, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, xopods
Amnistar (0): xopods, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Spoonsy, xopods, Epsilon Plus, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, Hal Incandenza, yuming, yuming, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Spoonsy, Epsilon Plus
Mr. Humalong (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Kloaked00, Kloaked00
Spoonsy (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar
zzyzx (0): Sandwolf, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf
Mikujin (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Leith Maclaine (0): xopods, Jose Valasquez, Amnistar, Amnistar, xopods, Jose Valasquez, kingcobweb, kingcobweb
Epsilon Plus (0): Kloaked00, Kloaked00, Kloaked00, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kloaked00, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): CapnAndy

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 20th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 minutes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

yuming posted:

Back.

Agree. His level headed posting here is reading genuine town to me.

this is a good way of putting my feelings - I do think scum, with a vote margin this close, would be more... pissed? about the situation

obviously the level of dignity varies from player to player, but

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Amnistar posted:

But man oh man does that post make me happy you made it.

Because you literally cased me for NOT voting for KK when I said I found them scummy day 1 and then later moved to them. Now you're calling me out for moving my vote around to people that I find scummy.

It doesn't matter what I do I'm scum to TT.

Yes, duh! Jeeze this isn't complicated - I suspect you knew KK was town and thus only hesitantly pushed him, and now I suspect you know xopods is scum with you so you're looking for any other option. Your change in behavior, and my read of it, is entirely based on context just like every other human interaction.

Do we have anyone who will swap to xopods?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Unless every single case other than xopods has been on scum why would scum do this? xopods isn't sum high quality target for scum, if he is town he is a very convenient distraction for the town

I don't think they're all scum. I think it's once I twigged to what Hal was doing early in the day he realized the plan didn't have enough upside anymore and could end up backfiring if I wasn't going to tunnel my first read each day and if I was suspicious of Hal's attempts to defend me from my detractors while keeping himself at arm's length from my actual cases.

I've started games like this before, but escaped the first big push to lunch me, started getting my reads right and got Town back on my side. I think they decided that if I was going to start playing better than I did early on, it was safer to pull the trigger while I was still sufficiently unpopular to be an easy lunch rather than give me the chance to redeem myself.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also being so close to hammer scumpods would try to sow some discord I think.

What he claimed read very town to me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Yes, duh! Jeeze this isn't complicated - I suspect you knew KK was town and thus only hesitantly pushed him, and now I suspect you know xopods is scum with you so you're looking for any other option. Your change in behavior, and my read of it, is entirely based on context just like every other human interaction.

Do we have anyone who will swap to xopods?

I hope you get your rear end handed to you for driving this.

##vote xopods

RIP my frriend.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

yuming posted:

Also being so close to hammer scumpods would try to sow some discord I think.

What he claimed read very town to me.

What would he do, some bold claim, then flip scum, and we could discredit it? Why would he do that when a bandwagon was gaining steam?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

xopods (11): Mikujin, kingcobweb, Tom Tucker, Jose Valasquez, zzyzx, Leith Maclaine, EccoRaven, Pussy Quipped, Jose Valasquez, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, kingcobweb, kingcobweb, Kloaked00, Spoonsy, Amnistar
kingcobweb (8): yuming, yuming, xopods, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar, Deadbeat Dad, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus, Amnistar
Hal Incandenza (1): Dexanth, xopods, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, xopods
Amnistar (0): xopods, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Spoonsy, xopods, Epsilon Plus, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, Hal Incandenza, yuming, yuming, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Spoonsy, Epsilon Plus
Mr. Humalong (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Kloaked00, Kloaked00
Spoonsy (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar
zzyzx (0): Sandwolf, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf
Mikujin (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Leith Maclaine (0): xopods, Jose Valasquez, Amnistar, Amnistar, xopods, Jose Valasquez, kingcobweb, kingcobweb
Epsilon Plus (0): Kloaked00, Kloaked00, Kloaked00, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kloaked00, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): CapnAndy

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 20th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Aside: this is why I support claims of those under suspicion.

It’s another data point to assess sincerity.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Amnistar posted:

...this post is a bad post, and I dislike you for making it Jose.

:shrug:

It is day 2, the majority of players in the game are town, the argument that scum are so focused on xopods that they are steamrolling the majority of the players in the game just to get out xopods, a guy who claimed a fairly boring role, just isn't convincing to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

I hope you get your rear end handed to you for driving this.

##vote xopods

RIP my frriend.

Weak.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

xopods posted:

I don't think they're all scum. I think it's once I twigged to what Hal was doing early in the day he realized the plan didn't have enough upside anymore and could end up backfiring if I wasn't going to tunnel my first read each day and if I was suspicious of Hal's attempts to defend me from my detractors while keeping himself at arm's length from my actual cases.

I've started games like this before, but escaped the first big push to lunch me, started getting my reads right and got Town back on my side. I think they decided that if I was going to start playing better than I did early on, it was safer to pull the trigger while I was still sufficiently unpopular to be an easy lunch rather than give me the chance to redeem myself.

Scum have a night kill, they probably don't have to steamroll the town to launch you if they think you are such a big threat. This seems like delusions of grandeur to me

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

:zombie: Go whichever team is less lazy. :zombie:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm very salty right now about this specific game and how some of the old guard are playing it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

xopods posted:

:zombie: Go whichever team is less lazy. :zombie:

incoming 3p flip?????

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Amnistar posted:

I'm very salty right now about this specific game and how some of the old guard are playing it.

What would you prefer us to do?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Lunch scum, honestly

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lunch scum, honestly

Make a convincing argument against them then

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Make a convincing argument against them then

Don't worry we'll get you tomorrow

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

well for half of them...post.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Regardless of Xopods actual alignment, half the votes for him feel like (without going back and counting) they made less than 10 posts for the entirety of the day.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Amnistar posted:

This game is more active than any other I can remember recently. Participation ranges from "active" to "certifiably insane," with the exception of maybe Ecco.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

zzyzx posted:

This game is more active than any other I can remember recently. Participation ranges from "active" to "certifiably insane," with the exception of maybe Ecco.

and that dastardly lurker, Pander!!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

and that dastardly lurker, Pander!!!!
ikr

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Pander disappeardeded

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I feel like we've all failed to make fun of merk sufficiently while he can't respond.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

zzyzx posted:

I feel like we've all failed to make fun of merk sufficiently while he can't respond.

Too easy, even for me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
merk u r a doodoohead

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
The students and faculty at Hogwarts found themselves muddled in minucha for most of the day. There were many arguments for why the trio of Merk, Officer Ligor and Pander went missing. It brought lots of confusion with only coy responses. But there was also something else that dominated the discussion: that there were still Deatheaters around and two people has died in the night from the killing curse.

They began focusing from the previous day. How was Khris Kruel voted out so easily? What was going on with that vote? Why did we end with hours to spare while we are having a much harder time coming to a consensus here?

There were many names cast with suspicion, after all there were likely multiple Deatheaters around. But one name was consistently on the table: Xopods. Xopods was one of the first people to be suspicious of Khris Kruel from the day before, and the students and faculty were not happy about it. Something seemed wrong about how Xopods seemed to distance themselves from the vote after it got a mind of its own.

As the day transformed into dusk residents of Hogwarts had yet to finalize their decision. Xopods, while a popular choice just didn’t have the necessary fervor yet. But a crowd was still forming. Then a voice spoke up from the back.

“What about Kingcobweb?”

“Hmmm”

“Maybe”

“Interesting”

….

….

“Nevermind”

Xopods was thrown from the window in the Great Hall. Like Khris Kruel the day before, Xopods didn’t hit the ground right away. The dementors got to it first, and efficiently sucked the soul out as Xopods made out a low painful groan. In the end Xopods’ hollow corpse lifelessly fell to the ground.

Xopods, Parvati Patil, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned), has their soul removed day 2

It is now night 2. Please send in your night action ASAP

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
[i]It had rained during the night, but had stopped just in time for the day to break. The dew on the grass reflected the light from the sun, giving the outdoors almost a blinding brightness. The light lit up the Great Hall in a way that some would think that only magic could do.

When the students and faculty returned to the Great Hall there were some obvious differences for the attendance from yesterday. First of all Merk, Officer LIGOR, and Pander had returned. There were murmurs from the others behind their backs with curiosity to where they had been, to indignation to their absence from yesterday, to relief at their survival.

But others were missing. The students and faculty made the rounds to everyone’s room. First they found Deadbeat Dad’s body(?). He, like the others from yesterday, had been killed by the killing curse. A sad but not unexpected development. The students next found Hal’s body. This was unusual though. Hal was not killed by the killing curse. But there was blood everywhere, and a small hole in Hal’s chest. No one could identify what could possibly make this hole. It didn’t seem like any kind of magic that they had seen before. Very mysterious.

Finally there were three others that were missing. Epsilon Plus, Jose, and Pussy Quipped. No bodies were found. They were missing.

The group returned to the Great Hall to formally begin the day.

DeadBeatDad, Cuthbert Binns, TOWN TEACHER, was killed with the killing curse Night 2

Hal Incandenza, Filius Flitwick, TOWN TEACHER, was shot Night 2

Epsilon Plus, Jose Valasquez, and Pussy Quipped have gone missing

There are 18 alive, it takes 10 to execute!

The deadline will likely be Thursday night, unless you all somehow want it to be friday night or friday afternoon.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 21, 2020

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
##vote amnistar

Mind telling us what you were doing last night?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Amnistar (1): Spoonsy

Not Voting (17): Amnistar, CapnAndy, Dexanth, EccoRaven, Kashuno, kingcobweb, Kloaked00, Leith Maclaine, merk, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong, OFFICER LIGER, Pander, Sandwolf, Tom Tucker, yuming, zzyzx

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning. :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
which one of you tried to come say hi last night?

also who is using a gun on campus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Dex

For making fake, safe cases.

I still think kcw is scum.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Spoonsy posted:

##vote amnistar

Mind telling us what you were doing last night?

I was going to examine yesterday assuming Amni and xopods were unconfirmed mason-buddies (which would explain the hammer before xopods could more fully claim) but now I want to see if you can shine some more light on this before I spend any hours digging through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

yuming posted:

Good morning. :sun:

Good morning!