Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kloaked00 posted:

I don't dispute those possibilities at all. But what is that non-town killing role is targets another non-town role that night? What if that strong voice is one scum bussing his buddy to get townie cred? Based on the limited information I have, i.e. my role PM and the flips so far, I previously have thought that not using it is the best way I could handle the item

Welcome to "Kloaked Talk," a podcast that takes on tough mafia topics each Thursday. Today, we are going to talk about what to do when you get the Town Bodyguard role. This is a doozy. Don't use it. You see, you know you are town, but you don't know what anyone else is. Just hold onto that puppy all game if you ever get it.

Welcome to "Kloaked Talk," a podcast that takes on tough mafia topics each Thursday. Today, we are going to talk about what to do when you get the Town Roleblocker role. This is a doooooooooozy. Don't use it. I can't fathom any situation where this would help town. What if you target town with it and make it so the Cop can't get off her action?! That would be terrible!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

merk posted:

Welcome to "Kloaked Talk," a podcast that takes on tough mafia topics each Thursday. Today, we are going to talk about what to do when you get the Town Bodyguard role. This is a doozy. Don't use it. You see, you know you are town, but you don't know what anyone else is. Just hold onto that puppy all game if you ever get it.

Welcome to "Kloaked Talk," a podcast that takes on tough mafia topics each Thursday. Today, we are going to talk about what to do when you get the Town Roleblocker role. This is a doooooooooozy. Don't use it. I can't fathom any situation where this would help town. What if you target town with it and make it so the Cop can't get off her action?! That would be terrible!!!!

Today's sponsor is Quip. Do you hate brushing your teeth? So does pretty much everyone in the world. But Quip makes it so much easier! Every three months you get sent new brushes so that you don't have to worry about using old, dirty brushes and not getting your teeth as clean as possible. And with their superior brushing technology, you can be sure that every crook and crannie of your mouth is going to feel fantastically fresh! Even better, for our listeners, they're offering 20% off a new subscription! All you have to do is go to https://www.quip.com/KTalk. That's https://www.quip.com/KTalk. And now back to the show!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Probably not gonna make it back today ##vote KCW see y’all next game day

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
FINAL Votecount for Day 3

kingcobweb (10): Amnistar, merk, merk, merk, yuming, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, Pander, merk, merk, merk, Sandwolf, merk, merk, merk, Kloaked00, OFFICER LIGER, Amnistar, Dexanth, Mr. Humalong, EccoRaven, Kloaked00, Pander, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Mikujin, Mikujin, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno
Amnistar (3): Spoonsy, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, OFFICER LIGER, kingcobweb, zzyzx, Kloaked00, Kloaked00, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, Kashuno, Tom Tucker, zzyzx
Sandwolf (3): merk, merk, merk, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, merk, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, CapnAndy, Mikujin, Mikujin, Kloaked00, zzyzx, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine
OFFICER LIGER (1): Pander
Mr. Humalong (0): Kloaked00, Kloaked00
zzyzx (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Dexanth (0): yuming, yuming
Kashuno (0): Pander, Dexanth, Pander, Dexanth
CapnAndy (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (1): Mikujin

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Damnit, and the B segment was going to be about etiquette when ending the jokephase. I guess we'll have to have Dragnix on as a guest another time

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

kingcobweb (10): Amnistar, merk, merk, merk, yuming, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, Pander, merk, merk, merk, Sandwolf, merk, merk, merk, Kloaked00, OFFICER LIGER, Amnistar, Dexanth, Mr. Humalong, EccoRaven, Kloaked00, Pander, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Mikujin, Mikujin, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno
Amnistar (3): Spoonsy, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, OFFICER LIGER, kingcobweb, zzyzx, Kloaked00, Kloaked00, Leith Maclaine, Kashuno, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, Kashuno, Tom Tucker, zzyzx
Sandwolf (3): merk, merk, merk, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, merk, OFFICER LIGER, Kashuno, CapnAndy, Mikujin, Mikujin, Kloaked00, zzyzx, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine
OFFICER LIGER (1): Pander
Mr. Humalong (0): Kloaked00, Kloaked00
zzyzx (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Dexanth (0): yuming, yuming
Kashuno (0): Pander, Dexanth, Pander, Dexanth
CapnAndy (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (1): Mikujin

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 23rd, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 26 minutes.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
[i]The third day was full of accusations with the students and faculty of Hogwarts trying to get the the bottom of what's been going during the night. There were so many things that it was hard to keep them straight and figure out what might be true. It seemed like this was going to be all the town talked about today.

But then someone spoke up, "Shut up everyone! This is dumb! Let's throw out Kingcobweb to the Dementors. Look at all these things Kingcobweb has actually done during the day."

The students and faculty of Hogwarts stopped and thought for a few moments. They slowly began nodding their heads and moved over to Kingcobweb.

Kingcobweb protested. "This is a mistake! Don't do this! I think I know who who the real killers are! Follow me instead!"

But it was the town who lead Kingcobweb to the window in the Great Hall, and pushes them out of the window. As before the the Dementors lifted up the falling body to feast on its soul before it could hit the ground.

Kingcobweb, Ginny Weasley, TOWN STUDENT (Hogwarts aligned) had their soul removed day 3.

It is now Night .... wait what's this?

The pitch in the screaming from Kingcobweb changed at the end. Kingcobweb had lost enough energy that they could not hold up the ruse anymore and Ginny's face began to disappear. The students and faculty of Hogwarts looked on in horror as Ginny's face turned into Nearly Headless Nick's face. Kingcobweb looked back up to at the window and tried to yell something but one last Dementor swooped in and drained the last of the remaining soul. Kingcobweb was now finished.

Kingcobweb, Ginny Weasley, TOWN STUDENT (Hogwarts aligned) had their soul removed day 3
Kingcobweb, Nearlyheadless Nick, MAFIA GOON, (House Ghost aligned) had their soul removed day 3

There we go. That's right now.

It is now Night 3. Please get in your night actions asap!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
The day begins with a thunderstrike. A few kilometers away, but one thing is certain: a storm is brewing for today. As the students and faculty enter the Great Hall, they notice that yesterday’s missing Hogwarts residents, Epsilon Plus, Jose Valasquez, and Pussy Quipped, have returned. However there are again some people missing.

The group began their usual sweep of the castle to find any bodies. As sicking as that action is, it was becoming normal for everyone. This time, they only found one body. That different, That’s good. It was Kloaked00. He had marks on his neck from something. Hands. Yes, definitely hands around the neck. That’s different. That’s not good.

There were two others missing, but this was not surprising at this point. People had an idea what happened to them and that they were likely safe for the moment.

Kloaked00, Nymphadora Tonks, TOWN AUROR, (Hogwarts aligned) was strangled night 3

Sandwolf and Yuming have gone missing

It is now Day 4. Deadline on Either Saturday or Sunday. Tell me which you prefer.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (17): Amnistar, CapnAndy, Dexanth, EccoRaven, Epsilon Plus, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine, merk, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong, OFFICER LIGER, Pander, Pussy Quipped, Spoonsy, Tom Tucker, zzyzx

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote kash

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
One down, two to go. Before we off amni or sandstar (sandstar, please), do any of our myriad trackers have any information about me? I woke up "feel[ing] like something is different in your room" but not knowing what, which is ominous.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My wand was not where I left it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

One down, two to go. Before we off amni or sandstar (sandstar, please), do any of our myriad trackers have any information about me? I woke up "feel[ing] like something is different in your room" but not knowing what, which is ominous.

Hi I'm back everyone! That was an exciting day to read yesterday.

Also did you not read the mod post like at all Andy?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'd refrain from claiming anything additional that isn't super incriminating since we still have two claims pointing to scum as Capn Andy pointed out. I want to dig into KCW's posts and votes around him.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Pussy Quipped posted:

Any news from the room that is important to share?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pussy Quipped posted:

...yes? Am I missing something beyond the ominous thunderstorm, which I do not think was changing the atmosphere inside my room?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

I'd refrain from claiming anything additional that isn't super incriminating since we still have two claims pointing to scum as Capn Andy pointed out. I want to dig into KCW's posts and votes around him.

Thats why you should vote Kash.

Look at how Kash moves their votes around and how KCW reacts when I talk about Kash likely being scum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

...yes? Am I missing something beyond the ominous thunderstorm, which I do not think was changing the atmosphere inside my room?

Sandwolf chickened out.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Sandwell isn't here today.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Pretty sure I was hosed with last night. I don't remember falling asleep, but I wake up with a splitting headache. For what it's worth, I have no night action.

merk posted:

Kill Kloaked tonight please.
:tinfoil:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

zzyzx posted:

Sandwolf chickened out.

So, you are already outed, anything worth sharing?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah ducking into hiding for a day after a cop result is not a super townie movie.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Agree and disagree. The people who have already claimed results should claim any additional results they have to share, on the off chance they get killed tommorrow.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah ducking into hiding for a day after a cop result is not a super townie movie.

I was half expecting both Amni and Sandwolf to vanish, so at least one is still around.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Like...say...if our doctor can't target the same person twice and correctly guessed the scum nk

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah claimed cop is actually an exception since a track that doesn't lead to a kill is inconclusive and can be flipped on a player later but cop results should be claimed sooner.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Oh hey everyone what's going on in h...

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Amnistar posted:

Like...say...if our doctor can't target the same person twice and correctly guessed the scum nk

Only if they could actually confirm that, then sure.

Yeah OK there are exceptions but things like tracking or an item that tells you if a person sharted or whatever should hang onto it to catch lies later

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Why do you think the scum team is only 3 people andy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

zzyzx posted:

Sandwolf chickened out.
I am not good at noticing who's gone, am I. So, just to put a marker down:

##vote amni

I think you're scum, dude. Sorry.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Only if they could actually confirm that, then sure.

Yeah OK there are exceptions but things like tracking or an item that tells you if a person sharted or whatever should hang onto it to catch lies later

This is me doubling down on kash being scum and believing zzyzx's results as legitimate.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

My wand was not where I left it.

Yes, that is very intersting, although why do you need a wand when you don't know any spells.

##vote amni

I role blocked amni last night and we only got 1 kill.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Why do you think the scum team is only 3 people andy?
I'm sure it's more than that. I had three people I wanted to execute yesterday. It'd be very nice if I knew who all the scum was!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

As you know yesterday PQ, Epsilon, and I spent the day in the Room of Requirement.

Everything seemed normal to me, Quandary was there and said he was Hermione and taught us all Avada Kedavra

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I am not good at noticing who's gone, am I. So, just to put a marker down:

##vote amni

I think you're scum, dude. Sorry.

No you don't. You think I'm an easy cuddle with no repercussions that you can hide behind because night actions make me look bad.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tom Tucker posted:

I am inclined to agree. It's a really convenient way to avoid generating much additional discussion about you, which makes me think of LIGER D1 into RoR as well.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Btw:

Part of my night summary includes my role block knocking amni's wand into the corner where he won't find it till morning.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So turns out Liger visited Hal on N2.

##vote officer liger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

Yes, that is very intersting, although why do you need a wand when you don't know any spells.

##vote amni

I role blocked amni last night and we only got 1 kill.

I was going to vote him anyway, but this is consistent with Amni being sent to perform the n2 kill since he already had heat on him.