Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hello, posters of C-SPAM! Welcome to the one and only casual political subforum for Something Awful! The website is imminently, as of July 2020, about to be sold by Lowtax to new management, and it means it’s time for new rules! C-SPAM is a politically-focused forum for casual shitposting, jokes, calling people mean names, and laughing at how we’re all DOOMED!

The current C-SPAM mods are: Squizzle, twoday, Flavius Aetass, and Crusty Nutsack

If you need to contact a mod or IK, you can do so via forums PM. If you don't have forums PMs, you can join this discord server to be able to PM us. You won't be able to post in this server; it's just to facilitate PMs.

However, here as elsewhere, there are some rules you do have to follow, cheerfully enforced by our dedicated team of moderators and idiot kings. The idiot kings will change often.

A quick reminder that all standard forum rules apply, and a few are re-emphasized here and will result in a very very harsh punishment if you decide to break them!

1. :siren: Do NOT explicitly or implicitly threaten harm on anyone, especially people under Secret Service protection or who might work in the White House. If you do so, you are risking a permaban. :siren:

2. Text spam, twitter spam, or any really stupid spamming of any type is forbidden. Image spam is also forbidden unless it's a dedicated image thread. All other rules apply, though.

3. Even if you aren't breaking a specific rule to the letter, if you're making consistently lovely and bad posts we will come down hard on you so don't do it!

4. Don’t post in-line NWS! That being said, this is a political shitposting forum, so read it at work at your own risk!

5. Slurs and bigotry are not cool, and "ironic" racism is almost always just a stepping stone to the real thing, so don't post like that. This doesn't apply if you're quoting someone else being a shithead, but if you abuse this exception to toss pejoratives around casually we'll see through it pretty quick.

6. Reporting people is helpful if you think they've broken a rule or are generally being a shithead, but please be clear in the report reason. Despite our best efforts we can't read mindsyetand what you think is obvious bad behavior might not be so apparent! Abusing the report function to carry out forums vendettas will not end well.

7. Do not say that anyone, on here or off, specific or general should kill themselves. Do not say that it would be good if anyone killed themselves. do not lay out methods for successful suicide, even if you direct them toward hypothetical terrible people who might be reading. These types of posts can be triggering and it’s not cool.

8. We’re not doing mass election toxxes anymore but if you want to toxx on your own and then self-ban if you fail then I mean ok.

9. Stop posting your own tweets.

10. Stop whining about D&D in CSPAM.

In addition to these rules, the individual IKs may have their own mad whims and feverish delusions, which they will post in the IK Edicts thread, and which may or may not be enforced by the mods as well.

On doxxing:

quote:

SA User Doxxing:
Linking anything from off forum or stepping into real life is too far.
  • "I found this person's social media account, look at all the dumb poo poo they post [LINK]" "Looking at his Facebook, I see his wife works for DC"
    Bringing up past ON FORUM posts that are relevant to the topic is for the most part not going to be punished.
  • "He posted about liking that in that one thread 6 years ago. [LINK]" *Note: Importing drama and generally being creepy with people's post histories can still earn you a probation

Famous Person/Public Official:
Anything relevant to their position or celebrity is, for the most part, fair game.
  • "They worked at XXX in 1998, they are giving XXX huge contracts now." "They posted pictures of their 2-story pool, look at this thing"
    Well known facts or things the person has opened themselves up for mocking is not considered doxxing.
  • "He posts the same ketchup sandwich on his Instagram every single day."
    Anything non-position related, or things they have not made public themselves, is off limits. Family, Address, Private Phone Number
  • "They walk their dog in ZZZ Park"

Random Internet Blip (i.e. No leash lady):
Don't dig up anything. SA does not need to be the Go-To place to vigilante these people. If something is posted on a news site/twitter, it's fine to discuss, but don't be the people making it the news.

These rules and examples are general guidelines. There may be things not covered or borderline examples that don't fit the above. The mods and admins will make final judgements and always try and take into account context of posts. If you can't determine if your post will be doxxing, ask someone or err on the side of caution and don't post it.

On idiot kings:

If you become an idiot king of CSPAM, drop by this thread and make one (1) post introducing yourself so we might remember your reign!

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Apr 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Introducing myself:

I have returned after a brief exile. The sale of the site is now imminent and Lowtax will soon be gone forever (praise be to God), so I have returned because the other mods of CSPAM don't like doing reports and need a firm, guiding hand.

Please feel free to PM me again all of your complaints and poo poo you're mad about on a daily basis again!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

twoday has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Jul 28, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im squizzle

and I agree with the post below mine

Somebody has issued a correction as of 07:14 on Jul 28, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
big rule change folks, squizzle just ran it past me. everybody in cspam has to vote for joe biden. and they have to have a big smile on their face when they do it too.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I also endorse this

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Jul 28, 2020

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
hi im mayor dave and i'm a gigantic idiot, if i see u posting bill mitchell tweets i will probe u

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. Or probations I guess.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol trump is president

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hello. this is brutalistmcdonalds and i want every goon to know CSPAM is a cool zone for cool people

it's a cool place to hang out with friends and have a cool time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Jul 28, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

hi I'm crusty nutsack

please mind my laser-shooting boobs

e: :coolzone:

some more edits, might just keep updating, idk:

e2: I'm a mod now, yikeserooooo

Crusty Nutsack has issued a correction as of 03:54 on Sep 17, 2020

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

i'm Bearjew. my #1 rule is that you must post some variation of Trump in the Trump thread every hour on the hour.

also, expect to be randomly probated

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm Lawman0 and I'll be your IK for this hellride.
Please be excellent to one another.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hello, I'm not sure why they made me IK but I have been working hard, thank you, on the sacred duties of changing thread titles and giving people Nojoe tags.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hello I am an IK.

edit

rules are garbage , I am winging it

euphronius has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Oct 24, 2020

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I have no idea why I've been made an IK and fully expect to be de-IKed once someone figures out that I'm not doing anything with it. Goons are a savage and feral lot that cannot be civilized, and I will not make any attempts to do so.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hey y'all, most of you probably know me as the dumbass who never sleeps and works with weather and fires and loves making y'all feel old (born in 96)

I'm excited to have the fate of your posting in my hands!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh I think I'm supposed to do this?

I'm Chokes, I've mostly been in the Mental Health thread until this month where I'm dipping my toe back into the general trump thread. Should be back in my lane after the election.

whims for the trump thread are arbitrary and capricious and winning me all sorts of friends who think I'm cool and handsome. as far as the MH thread goes, baseline rules are in the OP but otherwise just treat everyone kindly.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
tayne is now allowed to pittsburgh post as much as he wants

Flavius Aetass has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Nov 7, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lightning Knight posted:

10. Stop whining about D&D in CSPAM.

There's been a lot of this lately, and interforum drama sucks. We'll be squashing this poo poo more when we see it, so knock it off, nerds! :siren:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Recently there has been a recurring problem of threadshitting, where people have been coming into threads only to insult and mock the thread and the people posting in it, and generally trying to ruin everyone's posting experience.

C-SPAM is a community, and if you have nothing to contribute to this community besides bile and malice, you will not be welcome here for long. This behavior shall be met with harsh punishments, up to and including a forum ban from C-SPAM.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
trummo

twoday
May 4, 2005

truwnp

twoday
May 4, 2005

Added to OP:

quote:

If you need to contact a mod or IK, you can do so via forums PM. If you don't have forums PMs, you can join this discord server to be able to PM us. You won't be able to post in this server; it's just to facilitate PMs.

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:18 on Dec 9, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

the chain probe is real

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Prohibited posts now include the following and related posts:

"check out this ramen i bought [pic of spicy ramen in a bag]. yep, same one as last time"

twoday
May 4, 2005

JOINT RESOLUTION

Making the first Wednesday in January a legal C-SPAM holiday.

Resolved by the mods of C-SPAM assembled, That the first
Wednesday of January in each year after the year 2021 be known
as Trump Day, and is hereby made a legal public forums holiday
to all intents and purposes and in the same manner as the 1st day of
January, the 22d day of February, the 30th day of May, the 4th
day of July, the first Monday of September, the 11th day of November,
and Christmas Day are now made by law public holidays.

Approved, January 6th, 2021.

twoday has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Jan 7, 2021

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

twoday posted:

JOINT RESOLUTION

Making the first Wednesday in January a legal C-SPAM holiday.

Resolved by the mods of C-SPAM assembled, That the first
Wednesday of January in each year after the year 2021 be known
as Trump Day, and is hereby made a legal public forums holiday
to all intents and purposes and in the same manner as the 1st day of
January, the 22d day of February, the 30th day of May, the 4th
day of July, the first Monday of September, the 11th day of November,
and Christmas Day are now made by law public holidays.

Approved, January 6th, 2021.

nice edit, time traveler

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

:siren: :siren: We have added a new mod: Flavius Aetass! :siren: :siren:

Flavius uses pronouns he/him

he has a very cool superhero av, and we expect he will act accordingly

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Just wanted to clarify that using slurs ironically or as what some hypothetical racist would say is not allowed in C-SPAM.

You may assume we all know you are not a racist or w/e but that does not make it okay to use those words.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I can post in here and you can't lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

now that Thunderbeast has a star too I'm only a succzone wrangler instead of the succzone wrangler

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

no gokuposting goku is back.

e: deciding to just cut to the chase here: making fun of me? banned. don't do it.

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 09:27 on May 19, 2021

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i forgot to post here but i will now

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:clint:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Putting this here after posting it in the marxism thread:

Saying the r-word is a sixer. Repeatedly doing it will ramp you up to a day, 3 days, etc.

Calling any poster a pedophile, or implying the same, is from this point on a ban+30.

pee pee poo poo I posted Alvin & the Chipmunks blowjobs lmao

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Jun 10, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know that now I have buttons my patreon subscriber discord is the official cspam discord. All other cspam discords are splitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i forgot to post here but i will now
:same: