Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just thrillin' : )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

"He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run!"

I've got mid work nihilism

Something strange is happening in Spoonville...(click the Sig by Luvcow to find out)

Epic and Spooky Fall sig courtesy of nut

Chewbecca

Goondolences

nut

i've got an rear end that cannot quit

https://i.imgur.com/nKtUXWf.mp4

god bless the dca, manu, loov, blaiser, and chooby

Chewbecca

nut posted:

i've got an rear end that cannot quit

Your rear end gave me whiplash and now I'm entitled to compensation

Evil Bob

watching the boss fail miserably at firing that rear end

Something strange is happening in Spoonville...(click the Sig by Luvcow to find out)

JOHN CENA

i lost the job i love because of the virus but im interviewing for a new one in the same field with a better company in a few days so here is hoping!!

Chewbecca

JOHN CENA posted:

i lost the job i love because of the virus but im interviewing for a new one in the same field with a better company in a few days so here is hoping!!

Good luck goonfriend, let us know

This stupid virus can get bent

prepuce repurposed

Hoenn ain't easy

my current job is contracted work and the contract is up next week. rather than job hunt i was thinking i might just lay down and die instead

working all through the pandemic (not from home btw) while everyone else stayed home has made me admittedly jealous. there's nothing i want more than to not do poo poo for a few months

sigs by cool guys Zurtilik® and Barking Gecko™

Evil Bob

And we're back baby! Back to the grind! Living the dream! Working hard, or hardly working! Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee! Hey Bill hows Deb? There he is! My man!

Chewbecca

prepuce repurposed posted:

my current job is contracted work and the contract is up next week. rather than job hunt i was thinking i might just lay down and die instead

working all through the pandemic (not from home btw) while everyone else stayed home has made me admittedly jealous. there's nothing i want more than to not do poo poo for a few months

Don't die pls, come share your angst with me friend

Also it's 7:30am, I've got a stressful meeting at 9, and I want to throw myself into traffic

Chewbecca

Evil Bob posted:

And we're back baby! Back to the grind! Living the dream! Working hard, or hardly working! Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee! Hey Bill hows Deb? There he is! My man!

Let's all become beet farmers on a ranch

redm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_bggBrUbCo#t=36s

sig by Manifisto

Evil Bob

Chewbecca posted:

prepuce repurposed

Hoenn ain't easy

Chewbecca posted:

i'm down. it's the stardew valley life 4 me

redm

I actually live on a farm so my work schedule hasn't changed that much but I wish I could do something other than sit in my house when I'm not working

sig by Manifisto

Chewbecca

I'll can the beets if someone else peels the beets

unknown butthole

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on

I only get one day off and I spend it getting really drunk. so both.

Chewbecca

unknown butthole posted:

I only get one day off and I spend it getting really drunk. so both.

Oh no that sucks aaaaaaaa

Evil Bob

Chewbecca posted:

I'll can the beets if someone else peels the beets

I'll only peel the beets if they are roasted first.

prepuce repurposed

Hoenn ain't easy

experiencing post-work euphoria. I'll see u all in the trashed crew thread byeeee

Prof. Crocodile

This picture, found by typing "random image" into Google, is a more accurate representation of who I am than anything I would have consciously chosen.

brine your own beets

thank you to vanisher for the awesome back-to-school sig!

thank you city of glompton for this glomptastic autumn sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I only experience intense ennui before, during and after work.

Evil Bob

I don't actually experience post work euphoria except for Fridays.

prepuce repurposed

Hoenn ain't easy

Evil Bob posted:

true. on other weeknights it's post-work relief at best

Finger Prince

"I think he's watching us..."

"No, it's just the Mountain Peeks."
(Source)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Twenty Four

HAIKOOLIGAN

prepuce repurposed posted:

Evil Bob

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

This is actually a more apt description of my work feelings. I need to use the word ennui more often.

idiotsavant

i don't care!
just left a job that among other things featured a bunch of 20 yos that used the n-word unironically (not that ironically is ok either), a conspiracy theory gun nut prepper boss with anger management issues and who I suspect is a full-blown sociopath, and at least one crew member who was an outright COVID denier, so basically it's the latter

Chewbecca

I have an hour before I have to get up, and the closet I get to the time the more profound sadness I feel lmao

Evil Bob

idiotsavant posted:

just left a job that among other things featured a bunch of 20 yos that used the n-word unironically (not that ironically is ok either), a conspiracy theory gun nut prepper boss with anger management issues and who I suspect is a full-blown sociopath, and at least one crew member who was an outright COVID denier, so basically it's the latter

Things are looking up for you. I complain about work and then I read poo poo like this.

Chewbecca

Evil Bob posted:

You know this is true and I stand corrected

Even on Fridays I have this sense of "this happiness is fleeting idiot", I close my eyes and then it's Monday

Finger Prince

"I think he's watching us..."

"No, it's just the Mountain Peeks."
(Source)

I've been working Monday to Friday for, I don't know, got to be just over two months now? I don't know how anyone lives like this.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Finger Prince posted:

I've been working Monday to Friday for, I don't know, got to be just over two months now? I don't know how anyone lives like this.
For me, complaining about work is a big part of coping with it

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

prepuce repurposed

Hoenn ain't easy

Finger Prince posted:

the secret is to listen to podcasts at work and call in sick at least twice a month

Evil Bob

blaise rascal posted:

For me, complaining about work is a big part of coping with it

Yes this is crucial. I refuse to be a willing participant, or at least talk like a willing participant outside of work hours

Slumpy

ask me what im haulin in my peterbilt

Evil Bob

Slumpy posted:

if it ain’t firearms, drugs, and poon tang I ain’t interested!

Prof. Crocodile

This picture, found by typing "random image" into Google, is a more accurate representation of who I am than anything I would have consciously chosen.

Slumpy posted:

ok ill bite... what are you hauling in your peterbilt?

thank you to vanisher for the awesome back-to-school sig!

thank you city of glompton for this glomptastic autumn sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy

im haulin rear end lmao