Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
sowwy \\\w\\\ I'll do better next time mistaw amnistaw uwu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Epsilon Plus posted:

sowwy \\\w\\\ I'll do better next time mistaw amnistaw uwu

Sadly this hurts less.than the old english does ><

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

(⋋▂⋌) don't you >< at me again mothewfuckew

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
initially I thought sci posted more annoyingly

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

then amnistar filled up the last page so now they should both get dunked

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure, we can if you want but maybe it won't be necessary. After sleeping on it I see an exchange like this:

Me: "Can you tell me precisely what you even actually mean when you say 'you disagree with my initial jab'?" (provides a few examples of how even just this one sentence can be read in a few different ways)

You: "Wow. I've clearly said [repeats exact phrase I specifically asked you to clarify]"

And think, wow we must just have some really serious gaps in how we communicate, that end up driving us nuts in Mafia where attempts to clear them up can't be trusted at face value. I really haven't meant to patronise you, but I can see how it would very easily sound and feel like that when I start trying to pick everything apart so much until I can locate and pin down the exact cause of where you could be misunderstanding me. And when I drop that kind of sendoff.

For what it's worth, yesterday didn't get me really upset at all, just increasingly frustrated. And I thought, man if this had been back in the oldschool Auspol days, this woulda been where I start just browbeating everyone with a naked emotional plea to get you lunched no matter what. My suggestion for changing up your playstyle wasn't only meant as a put-down of your playstyle in this game. (I won't try to deny that element was there though :v: ) I remember you saying recently that you do like to try and change things up sometimes, and I really do think it might be an interesting experiment. It'd certainly throw off the thing that always gets you on my scumdar, at least. But yeah, talking about this kinda thing is more awkward when a game's still on so I'll try and save it till then next time.

I've had a nice streak of a couple really fun chill games lately, at least by my standards, where I can still get all in scum's face but it hasn't got personal at all. I want to keep that up, and I'm sorry I started reaching for more meta topics there which made it more personal.

yeah i'm not upset nor was i taking it personally. got a little frustrated but i was also drinking (lol surprise!). just suggested we take it to outside the game because i can't separate if the patronising shtick on meta was an in game ploy or a genuine conversation so best to park it.

anyway!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'll go back and play catch ups in a bit, but gaspy low balling it at dgk and steering clear of bif and i gets my old school paranoia back in gear.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m fine with my dgk vote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what's the dgk case?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Morning all.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Morning all.

Ello, got any reads?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Gridlocked posted:

Morning all.

tpink posted:

Modkill this filth.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Scum are scared to post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello I have been driving all day but now I’m back and I am catching up and I agree with beets post asking B- what the case is on DGK

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ello, got any reads?

Cmon man you know I don't know how to read.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote hal

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

t a s t e posted:

##vote hal

excellent deduction taste, hal is surely scum! for idiots like myself, however, could you please elaborate on your thinking. it embarrasses me to admit I am a fool but surely a mighty man such as yourself could free me from the shackles of ignorance

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I looked around my kitchen for a number, saw 5.3, added them together, and voted for the 8th player

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I looked around my kitchen for a number, saw 5.3, added them together, and voted for the 8th player

Sounds dicey, what in a kitchen would say 5.3

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chobani yogurt in oz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with it too, I think Amni’s insistence only to immediately about-face feels weird, why make the original statements to then immediately renege on them?

I’m looking back to see how this played out and are we taking about the case Amni made early yesterday on sci then flipped just recently to SNG? That doesn’t seem immediate at all but maybe I’m missing something. I did have a few drinks so maybe I’m being dumb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Chobani yogurt in oz

I’m pedantic enough to google this and drat you are a legend sir

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also hal you still have a jokevote on rarity, I was trying to puzzle out the mystery of taste's choice and spotted that

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

maybe u and me can ##vote Amnistar

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

also hal you still have a jokevote on rarity, I was trying to puzzle out the mystery of taste's choice and spotted that

Bif actually.

I do not see the Amnistar case though so I can’t join you there yet

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

gently caress am I going to start confusing rarity and bif like I do you and humalong

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

maybe u and me can ##vote Amnistar

In fact I’m actually much more inclined to ##vote SNG because Amni’s points on him are decent

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm I guess I missed the post about extending deadline

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm I guess I missed the post about extending deadline

Yeah I though it was sooner but guess we have another day! Which is good because I am not going to make it much longer today but I got nothing happening tomorrow

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

t a s t e posted:

Chobani yogurt in oz

nah we have them in mls

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Meanwhile, Toal has been hanging back not saying a whole lot, and none of the posts they've made have made me feel suspicious of them

This makes me suspicious of them

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

(usually a town Toal will be tripping my scumdar like crazy cause they're getting into the thick of it more)

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

This pings me as SNG’s scumplay.

Sorry about being absent I’ve had sadbrains I should be around til deadline.

Catching up with the thread. Yep this reads to me exactly like his scum play in food crimes. Would vote.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

sandnavyguy posted:

Awww you guys were just lurking til someone called you out! Anyway! Now that you’re all here, we can actually get some information from y’all.

Hum, I know you’re going to reread, but why does the term town slapfight set you off? Does any one of those people in those conversations read specifically scum to you? And if so why did you wait until I asked for you in order to reread and post about it?

Sand, what about this specifically are you calling my scum play? Because you’ve been in several games with me i trust you would know my meta. But since I’m town rn, I want to see where you misread me.

Amni, what is the primary reasoning behind your vote on me?

Taste, when you arrive, what’s your read on the Hambeet bif convo?

Wow, yeah this is scummy and exactly what he did last game.

##vote SNG

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
wow,

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

“Townie slapfight” is a phrase that is used by scum a lot. It’s an easy thing for a scum player to say to look like they’re paying attention without sticking their neck out too much. For three people to come in and say it on the same page is suspicious. For you to say it about both of the big arguments of today is beyond suspicious. It means you have read all of the posts concerning these arguments and decided that absolutely none of them could have been made with duplicitous intent. That is...incredibly generous.

I think Amni looks like his usual over-eager self fixating on the first thing he can to the detriment of any other possible leads. Him using your stinky poo poo post (no offense please do not cry) to swap off Sci and onto you is mildly concerning, but honestly you just came in and made like six paragraphs of text to say “I think they’re all town lol” so it’s understandable.

Scientastic seems to be playing as I would expect scum Sci to play. This could be meta bias.

Bif and beet are playing to type and I think both of them look worse afterward.

Yup, I agree with the bolded part. I think Bif is town based on how they played in food crimes, and their motivation feels town to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Sand honestly your biggest thing for me is no scumcalls. You have townreads but no pings or suspicions. You’re calling people out, you’re doing things right, but never actually pushing a candidate of your own here. That’s the scummy part.

This sandwolf guy I think is town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

That’s fair, though I’d like to point out I’m trying to get more people involved so I can make a scumcall because, well, I haven’t had anything really ping hard. The closest is Amni but I’m still stuck on the fact that them applying pressure and pressure votes was town Amni in the last two games we played. I’m not even that concerned they voted me, it’s more I’m puzzled as to why they are choosing to hyper focus instead of scattershot which they usually seem to do. Just like in Cuomo time, I didn’t make a decision until Tommu had become so performative as scum that I felt it a slam dunk. Generally I don’t vote til near deadline or if I see a big red flag.

If I were to push a case it would be a simple lurker case on taste or even DGK, but that may just be due to time zones or uh, meta in tastes case. But neither of those can be really pushed until people respond, as you and Hum have.

I get that it’s suspicious, but since neither of the interactions are pinging me as scum I didn’t have anything really to say, so I figured they are all town. I’m stuck because the alternative is just vote someone I don’t think is scum which is, ya know, ludicrous.

I disagree with your Scientastic read, they played similarly in baby mafia, and I think it rings town.

The obvious solution is to drum up more people for more info, and uh, that’s what I’m doing.

I feel your drumming up people is performative and a way for you to provide 'content' without really providing content so you can look town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Scientastic agreeing with Amnistar, someone he cased heavily, with regards to a mafia newbie's SNG (7 games) post is wack.

Reads like someone who isn't consistent and doesn't care. Maybe casing amni was a scum bus? Dunno.

Scientastic posted:

Maybe there’s... MORE THAN ONE SCUM?!

Yeah I don't like Toalpaz there, it's not impossible to think more than one person is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

##vote Sci

"crazy" "disingenuous"

You suck and you're faking your reads.

no u