Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

History Comes Inside! posted:

I want Obsidian to remake NV now just to see how much they can hollow it out.

Outer Worlds plays like the theme park version of itself, where everything you see is actually just a couple of inches of brightly coloured plaster mouldings over some boring rear end utility buildings.

This is honestly a really good assessment. I like the game but I won't pretend it's anything but a standard bethsoft open worlder with a very thin veneer of social commentary and slick aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Can you sign up for the EA Play trial using the stellar phone app? I just got errors.

I wanna play 99 cent Fallen Order.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hadji murad posted:

Can you sign up for the EA Play trial using the stellar phone app? I just got errors.

I wanna play 99 cent Fallen Order.

What are you referring to? I just did a search for Fallen Order and looked at Wario 64's feed and didn't see anything about this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think I might have gotten a ps5... I've gotten a confirmation email and a delivery slot for this evening but seems too good to be true...!!!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What are you referring to? I just did a search for Fallen Order and looked at Wario 64's feed and didn't see anything about this

EA Play or whatever it's called is $1 for a month right now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

I think I might have gotten a ps5... I've gotten a confirmation email and a delivery slot for this evening but seems too good to be true...!!!

Where from?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

Nice! My Best Buy order still says Wednesday but the tracking page added the pickup barcode and instructions so I’m hoping I get that special email in the morning.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Where from?

Argos

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Necrothatcher posted:

We already had one MGS remake and it wasn't very good. After Demon's Souls kicked so much rear end I want to see Bluepoint doing an original game, feel like their talent is being kinda wasted doing cover versions of other people's games.

I'm not so sure about that because there's a lot involved with making an original game they just haven't done. They probably don't have a lot of people who would be very key to the process actually, more creative types.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

holy poo poo

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Part of why I wanted a PS5 was Bugsnax but it turns out it's on PC!

Bugsnax owns, play Bugsnax

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I am fully expecting that email to come through saying my orders been cancelled

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so, given that the MGS voice cast is currently 'doing something', and that Bluepoint has been rumored to be working on something like MGS for a bit, the question remains: original Mei Ling or revised Mei Ling? :haw:

Revised is better but not worth a redo of everyone else, twin snakes proved that. The original recording is waaaay better. Snake sounds fresh from alaska rather than his mgs2 wearyness that hayter can onky do now, theres life in naomis voice... its just great. I hope they use it or give the option at least, just use software to get rid of the cars passing by or something, i mean you cant hear them on ps1 so whats the problem

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Welcome to the future, fridge corn.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Btw, the new rumour is that bluepoint are doing all the mgs, so get hyped!

Also, didnt ocelots vo died or am i misremembering...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i love the original mei ling voice haha

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Vikar Jerome posted:

Btw, the new rumour is that bluepoint are doing all the mgs, so get hyped!

Also, didnt ocelots vo died or am i misremembering...

1-5??

fridge corn posted:

Sick, what are you gonna play first, Demon’s Souls?? And if you do, are you gonna have PS Plus for the collection at least

imhotep fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 26, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Imhotep posted:

Sick, what are you gonna play first, Demon’s Souls?? And if you do, are you gonna have PS Plus for the collection at least

Well after Astro Bot the first thing we are going to play is the rerelease of Overcooked lol. Ever since we found out that they added accessibility options in the new version of Overcooked a la Moving Out, Lady Corn has been super pumped to play it. So much so that she bought a copy several weeks ago in anticipation of getting a ps5

Eager to play Demon's Souls but I'm gonna wait til it gets a bit cheaper. I've got both Ghost of Tsushima and Dark Souls 3 to finish and I still havent played Sekiro...

Ive got ps+ but theres nothing in the collection I'm interested in that I haven't already played. Maybe monster hunter tho...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i love the original mei ling voice haha

Its good, all the vo in ps1 mgs is still incredible, but kojima wanted the newer one, as reflected in mgs4. Director intent!

1-4 and pw i'd imagine. Can already play V on PSV,
so i dont see it. Tbh, i've only heard that from a rando, but mgs1 from legit sources who got other stuff right. But either way, they gotta bring them all :pray:

The cast stuff theyve been teasing does have mgs2-4/pw cast tho...

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 26, 2021

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

7 is Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

8 is Wii-U, Switch, Xbone, Xbonex, Xbones, XboneXS, XxbonesXs, and PS4

9 is PS5, Xbone Xbone Sbone, Xbone Sbone Xbone, XxxBone, SBoneX, NboneXS, BoxxboneboxS, XXXXXXXXXXXXS (bone), and BoneSeX

Gen 10 is Xbox10, all other trademarks having been depleted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Sony started a new official preorder lottery in Japan. I am entered two drawings now but I have only a tiny chance at both of them.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Started playing Ratchet and Clank for the first time, seeing the trailer for Rift Apart made me interested, this game is a lot of fun! I can't believe I've completely slept on these games for so many years. Really excited to keep playing this and then for Rift Apart when that comes out. It's kind of funny just how similar the music is to Spider-Man though, I keep imagining myself web slinging while the background music plays in this game. Also I wish it wouldn't pop up that "recording is blocked" notification during every drat cut scene, which apparently from my brief research, you can't shut off on the PS5? Yikes. It's not a deal breaker but it's a minor annoyance every time the game switches from gameplay to a video.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the old games were less orchestral (which i preffered)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkCeXr4n1lE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-jrTI0tpM

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sony started a new official preorder lottery in Japan. I am entered two drawings now but I have only a tiny chance at both of them.

Amazon drops are the only way to go here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

hadji murad posted:

Amazon drops are the only way to go here.
Is Amazon.jp just selling them when they come in to stock? Every once in a while I check and it says out of stock every time.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is Amazon.jp just selling them when they come in to stock? Every once in a while I check and it says out of stock every time.

Basically. They will drop some, usually around 11 am (Wednesday’s were most frequent) and then they quickly sell out.

As soon as I got a Twitter notification from one of the stock tracking accounts, it would be time to hit the site and start trying over and over again. Took 6 weeks to show up after the initial success.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Is there a lot of scalping going on in japan?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its good, all the vo in ps1 mgs is still incredible, but kojima wanted the newer one, as reflected in mgs4. Director intent!

Beanpole: "Vikar, WATCH OUT, that's not Kojima. The shitposting signal is coming from INSIDE this thread! Vikar, you've been talking to..."

Vikar: "...!"

Randy Pitchford: "Me! Sorry to involve you in that silly retcon business. You've served your purpose. You may die now!

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 26, 2021

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

I don’t know what % of the units are in the hands of scalpers compared to other countries, but the Rakuten marketplace, which apparently has no rules about that unlike some others in Japan, has dozens at least. The prices right now range from 75,000 to 105,000 yen (MSRP is 49,000 yen).

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

fridge corn posted:

A ton of it. There were loads up on Mercari right after release. I imagine it’s continuing because the big electronics stores still aren’t selling them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

hadji murad posted:

A ton of it. There were loads up on Mercari right after release. I imagine it’s continuing because the big electronics stores still aren’t selling them.
Mercari at least tried to crack down on it. I guess it wasn’t successful?

Edit: I’m moving to the Osaka area next month and asked a friend there if there were any more places to get a PS5 in a big city like that and he was like lol no. I guess I’ll take a look around den-den town when I get there anyway though...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 26, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s shockingly stupid that screenshots and clips can’t be sent to a usb drive

It's baffling how roundabout they make it to actually save poo poo without uploading to social media, but I usually just spam my screenshots and videos at those scammer accounts that will randomly bother you with messages. Then I can save them on my phone or PC or whatever without bothering anyone I know.

I wish you could at least just send a message to yourself though. PSN is unbelievably stupid.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How do multiple region accounts work on PSN?

Figure I might as well make a JP one to match my credit card.

Does it work as easily as it does on Switch?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Mercari at least tried to crack down on it. I guess it wasn’t successful?

Edit: I’m moving to the Osaka area next month and asked a friend there if there were any more places to get a PS5 in a big city like that and he was like lol no. I guess I’ll take a look around den-den town when I get there anyway though...

Good luck to you on the move. Osaka is really great.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hope your order goes through fridge corn!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hadji murad posted:

I’ve only ever used them for demos and with psn cards but I have 4 different region accounts on my console and they all work fine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

hadji murad posted:

Good luck to you on the move. Osaka is really great.
I’ve been using multiple accounts from different regions (US and JP) since the PS3. You can think of it as being the same piece of hardware for the installs of the game themselves, and then two separate pieces of hardware for everything else, like saves and trophies. You need the currency of the store at the region is in if you want to buy games, and also if you want to buy DLC for that game. It doesn’t matter if the game is identical in the other region, the DLC won’t work. That’s the main deal.

And yeah, even though moving wasn’t exactly by choice, I’m looking forward to the Osaka area. Big cities like that have only some interest to me (especially during a pandemic...), but the idea of living a short train ride from Kyoto is something I thought I would never experience.

I guess after I move I’ll have to change my avatar to Sanders wearing Toyotomi’s helmet or something.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 26, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
this is how guerrilla credited the artist responsible for the game's entire machine aesthetic?

:pwn:

e:wrong thread, but leaving it up

e2: not accurate, he did get proper credit

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 26, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Beanpole: "Vikar, WATCH OUT, that's not Kojima. The shitposting signal is coming from INSIDE this thread! Vikar, you've been talking to..."

Vikar: "...!"

Randy Pitchford: "Me! Sorry to involve you in that silly retcon business. You've served your purpose. You may die now!

What the hell!! It cant bee... randy pitchfork... colonel, you knew!!?!?! :f5:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 26, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Twibbit posted:

Eh, I remember them making a Vita spin off the Arkahm games as an original game. It ran well and looked good, but it was lacking in most other areas.

Arkham Origins: Blackgate? That was Armature Studio under WB Interactive.

I vaguely remember them using some Bluepoint tech in development, but they weren't involved with design on any level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005
PS5 set to be delivered today from that Best Buy drop on the 22nd. I'm afraid to take a nap and lose it to porch pirates.