Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
GIANT INFLATABLE PUMPKIN
ROB ZOMBIE MUSIC
PRIEST WITH lovely ROCK GUITAR SOLO

okay this is kinda cool

BOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY SKELLINGTON KILLED THE PUMPKIN

e: and the wheel lands on falls count anywhere :effort:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

e: and the wheel lands on falls count anywhere :effort:

THE HORROR

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Sandman McMahon posted:

Cole’vid 5’9

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
so like wasn't Halloween Havoc tonight or something ...

I had to google it and I saw a google headline "Pete Dunne turns heel at Halloween Havoc!" so I guess so. Sounds exciting. Give us those scoops J-Ru!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Somebody posted about NXT and robbed J-Ru of the opportunity to say that there wasn't a single post about NXT that he could link to this week. :colbert:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeepDickPizza posted:

Somebody posted about NXT and robbed J-Ru of the opportunity to say that there wasn't a single post about NXT that he could link to this week. :colbert:

We had to know the result of the wheel.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hirez posted:

so like wasn't Halloween Havoc tonight or something ...

I had to google it and I saw a google headline "Pete Dunne turns heel at Halloween Havoc!" so I guess so. Sounds exciting. Give us those scoops J-Ru!

quote:

The show starts out with a Rob Zombie song and a giant inflatable Pumpkin, there's a new set with lots of spooky graveyard style stuff.

*Johnny Gargano defeats Damien Priest in a Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal match (Falls Count Anywhere). As Johnny makes his entrances, he takes out a knife and stabs the giant inflatable pumpkin at the entrance ramp. What a heel! The two brawl inside the ring for a while, then around the ring on the outside, before eventually making their way up the stage towards the raised set. At some point in the match, Johnny finds a casket and attempts to put Priest in it, but when he opens the lid a skeleton pops out, which Johnny superkicks back into the casket. For the finish we see both men on top of the stage, with Priest in control. Just as Priest is about to finish him off, Ghostface from the Scream movie franchise appears and attacks Priest with a pipe. The referee screams at literal cinema murderer Ghostface "This doesn't concern you!". Ghostface hands Gargano a tombstone, which he smashes over Priest, causing him to crash off the stage into a very dusty mausoleum, for the pinfall and becomes the NEW NXT North American champion.

Wade Barrett says that he has the best costume of all tonight, Bad News Barrett. He is correct, and Wade does some of his old shtick

Pat Macafee is in the ring with Lorcan & Burch, who cut a great promo on the internet nerds and having the best wrestling debut of all time. Kyle O'Riley comes out to interrupt the promo and indicates that he's not alone tonight. Pete Dunne makes his return to NXT with two chairs in hand. They get on the apron, and as Kyle runs Pat & crew out of the ring, Dunne hits Kyle from behind and the four stand tall after putting the boots to Kyle for a little longer.

*Santos Escobar, dressed in Rey Mysterio's classic purple Halloween Havoc tights & some Day of the Dead facepaint defeats Jake Atlas to retain the Cruiserweight Championship

*Haunted House of Terrors Match: Dexter Lumus vs Cameron Grimes. The match starts off as Michael PS Hayes drops off Grimes from a spooky van in front of Dexter's spooky redneck murder home. Match has very Boneyard vibes to it and is shot in a cinematic way. Grimes spends the majority of the first half trying to run away from Dexter, who usually just stands somewhere in the background and stares at him until Grimes notices him. Eventually, Grimes locks himself in the bathroom and turns around to find the silhouette of a woman taking a shower. "I didn't know Dexter had a sister" Grimes exclaims and he starts to undress, in the middle of a match, in a murderer's redneck murder home. He opens the shower curtain to find a demon woman, who crawls out of the bathtub after him ala The Ring. The girl chases Grimes and manages to get him in a sleeper hold, but Grimes throws her off into a pool of water. Grimes goes back inside to find the referee, but the ref has a spooky snapchat filter over his face. Grime screams, then runs out of the house back towards the NXT arena.

*Rhea Ripley defeats Raquel Gonzalez in a pretty stiff looking hoss-off. Good match, but not a lot to write home about.

McKenzie Mitchell has an interview with "Hollywood" Drake Maverick, and cuts a very Hollywood Hogan promo until The Giant and The YE-TAY interrupt him and give him a giant hug. The camera swings wide a little bit and The Shockmaster walks from behind a curtain. A very frustrated Maverick escapes from his hugs and Shockmaster takes his mask off to be revealed as Killian Dain. Maverick says he went through a lot of effort for this bit and asked why Dain didn't trip and fall like he had planned. Dain says he isn't doing that shyte, it's embarrassing and says he moved the fake wall and pyro out of the way, ruining Maverick's fun. Drake takes the Shockmaster helmet from Dain and says he'll do it himself, then immediately trips on part of the curtain they were standing in front of.

*Haunted House of Terror Match, Part 2: Dexter Lumis defeats Cameron Grimes. Eventually Grimes makes it back into the NXT building. Grimes runs until he makes it to the graveyard set, and zombie controtionist ladies start to crawl out of the graves and grab walk towards him or make threatening yoga poses. Grimes gets spooked and runs into the ring, which begins to fill up with smoke, and as Grimes is looking at the zombie girls, Dexter stands up from the smoke and the match continues. Three zombies, two women and one with a mustache join Dexter in the ring, and Grimes runs at Dexter and hits the mustached zombie with his Caveman finisher. More zombie women join the ring and one of them starts climbing on top of Dexter. And around him. And basically crawling around him like a cat until Dexter eventually lifts her up and press-slams her onto Grimes. Lumis then locks in his sleeper hold and stares, unblinking into the camera. The zombies crawl all over Grimes and Dexter stands up, again staring directly into the camera as big, bold, bloody letters spell out "THE END"

Tomasso Ciampa cuts a backstage promo about how NXT has changed since he's been gone, and everyone is acting entitled to title shots instead of earning them, and he's here to put and end to that.

*Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal Match (Tables Ladders, and Scares) Io Shirai defeats Candace LaRae by retrieving the Women's Title from utop the ladder. Very good match, very goofy spots. At some point Candace retrieves a bag from under the ring, and drops the contents of it on top of the ground which turns out to be bloody hands and feet. Candace screams and runs away, but Io picks up a hand and slaps a fleeing Candace on the butt with one. Spots involving plunder like Chairs, ladders, and tables continue until the final stretch. Candace LaRae and Io are up on the top rope fighting for position over two tables stacked on the outside. Candace wins out and hits a neckbreaker causing both women to crash through tables. Candace makes it up first and starts to climb a ladder but Io follows soon after setting up her own ladder. Ghostface from the movie franchise Scream returns again and tries to climb the ladder to take Io Shirai out, but Shotzi Blackheart runs down and makes the save, powerbombing Ghostface on a pile of chairs. Io uses this distraction to push Candace's ladder away, sending her crashing into a (wooden) ladder propper up on the outside between the apron and anouncer's desk. Io retrieves the title and celebrates to end the show

Not a single bit of this is made up

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Johnny Gargano def. Damien Priest for the North American Title in a Devil's Playground match. No DQs, pinfalls count anywhere. Gargano won when a dude in a Grim Reaper costume gave him a tombstone to hit Priest with.

Vic Joseph is Waldo and Barrett is dressed as Bad News Barrett.

Regal sends Cameron Grimes to the scariest place in the world, the Parking Lot!

Pat McAfee promo, interrupted by Kyle O'Reilly, who attacks him and is outnumbered by his backup, but he brought backup of his own! Pete Dunne! Kyle O'Reilly miscalculated how much Dunne hates The Undisputed Era, though, and Pete Dunne turns on him.

Santos Escobar def. Jake Atlas in a decent if not great match. Mendoza interfered and hit Atlas with a headbutt in a "loaded mask" to set Atlas up for a Phantom Driver.

Ember Moon video, talks about Dakota Kai.

Shotzi Blackheart, "Elvira-like" (according to the recap I'm confirming everything with), sends us to the HAUNTED HOUSE OF TERROR MATCH

HAUNTED HOUSE OF TERROR MATCH, part 1

Cinematic match, taking place in the house of Horrors. Lumis is Lumis, Grimes is Grimes. I enjoyed it for what it was. Match is split up in parts to fit in...

Rhea Ripley def. Raquel Gonzalez via Pinfall, decent match, Ripley did a good job carrying Gonzalez to "mediocre." Won via Riptide.

Drake Maverick is dressed as Hulk Hogan, the Giant and the Yetay show up, and then Killian Dain shocks the world, as the SHOCK MASTER only he doesn't trip so he's a bad SHOCK MASTER. It's fine, because Drake steals the helmet and trips for him tho. If you enjoy watching Maverick being dumb, (I enjoy it) this is an entertaining segment.

HAUNTED HOUSE OF TERROR MATCH part 2
The end of the cinematic match. Zombies show up, and Lumis throws one (Kacy Catanzaro???) into Grimes Dexter Lumis def. Cameron Grimes via Submission

Ciampa promo on Credibly Accused Pedophile Velveteen Dream

Next Week: Ciampa vs Credibly Accused Pedophile Velveteen Dream, Dakota Kai vs Ember Moon

Main Event was the match I watched the show for, Io Shirai def. Candice LeRae in a Tables Ladders and Scares match to retain the NXT (Women's) Championship
Fun match, had some fun spots, including the return of the Grim Reaper from the first match. Shotzi takes him out. The match ends when Candice bites Io's finger, but Io pushes her ladder over, sending her crashing (knee-first because ow) into a ladder set up across tables.

All in all an enjoyable show. Io/Candice was my MotN, probably across both shows but def in NXT.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
how did Candace's leg not die

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT was really good tonight.

Another underrated Cameron Grimes moment: when he found the ref facing the wall in the haunted house, he asked if the match ended by pinfall or submission.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1321641248239816704?s=20

So much for all that talk of being a role model pal.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hang on, let me tweet at Vince about how Retribution is bad.

Edit: He just wished me happy birthday??

Pylons fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 29, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senerio posted:

All in all an enjoyable show. Io/Candice was my MotN, probably across both shows but def in NXT.

Thanks! Added the link to the OP. I still haven't had a chance to check out the show but it sounds better than normal.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
'don't go down with the ship'

fuckin lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

'don't go down with the ship'

fuckin lol

I will go down with this ship
I won’t ask for my release and surrender
there will be no white flag in the midcard
Ali, Mace, Slapjack and T-Bar

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
So.... WWE canon has just houses and graveyards full of zombies. I'm so ready to laugh at anyone who said the aew debonair song number was too goofy.

Like there's so much stupid magic in WWE. Big question is whether they'll explain at all how Grimes is alive after last seen choked unconscious and surrounded by literal zombies.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For the rumored covid talk possibly affecting the show tonight, I don’t think any of the scheduled matches changed in any way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

I will go down with this ship
I won’t ask for my release and surrender
there will be no white flag in the midcard
Ali, Mace, Slapjack and T-Bar

:golfclap:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
That sounds like a watchable show, the first one in a long rear end time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
say whatever you want about MXT but a ref telling Ghostface "this doesn't concern you" is extremely my poo poo and is up there with all time great lines like big show saying "im gonna do my move" followed by "i did my move"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Another good line tonight:

Zombies are legal in this match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Cameron Grimes/Dexter Lumis match is the exact right of campy by the way. It’s fun in the right way

Io/Candace was a banger, and Gargano/Priest was good too

Whole show was worth watching

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That match sounds like the only possible correct use for Dexter Lumis

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Meh I'm easy to please. I pop for Shockmaster https://streamable.com/ypfl3q

e: https://i.imgur.com/WsD5YQw.gifv

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 29, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lexster dumbass

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

Meh I'm easy to please. I pop for Shockmaster https://streamable.com/ypfl3q

This is good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

lexster dumbass

genuine actual lol

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

RealFoxy posted:

Tomasso Ciampa cuts a backstage promo about how NXT has changed since he's been gone, and everyone is acting entitled to title shots instead of earning them, and he's here to put and end to that.

there is not an ironicat big enough, I think

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pylons posted:

Hang on, let me tweet at Vince about how Retribution is bad.

Edit: He just wished me happy birthday??

Welcome to the SA forums Shane.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

quote:

Eventually, Grimes locks himself in the bathroom and turns around to find the silhouette of a woman taking a shower. "I didn't know Dexter had a sister" Grimes exclaims and he starts to undress, in the middle of a match, in a murderer's redneck murder home.

Wait I'm sorry, was it implied he was going to sexually assault a random woman he saw in the middle of a match?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

mary had a little clam posted:

Wait I'm sorry, was it implied he was going to sexually assault a random woman he saw in the middle of a match?

loving Hell.

"I'm in a life or death fight with a serial killer, better take time to gently caress his sister in the shower."

When you have to work that hard to get to a gag, the gags not worth it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NGL, NXT did a much better job of leaning into the Halloween gimmick than AE-Dub

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

NGL, NXT did a much better job of leaning into the Halloween gimmick than AE-Dub

Post this in the AEW thread and watch as you get accused of trolling

bartok
May 10, 2006

I can't help but wonder if Halloween Havoc was a Dusty Rhodes invention and this was just another gently caress you to Cody.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bullshit AEW had a skeleton fight a janitor

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bartok posted:

I can't help but wonder if Halloween Havoc was a Dusty Rhodes invention and this was just another gently caress you to Cody.

i mean theres a reason why wwe started going overboard with the wcw gimmicks after aew ran bash at the beach; clash of the champions, great american bash, atrocious booking that insults the fans and wrestlers alike, halloween havoc,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Have they not been doing Clash of for years now? I could swear it was on last year

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

They went camp and ran with it. This is a good thing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I honestly like my wrestling goofy as hell. I know that’s not a popular opinion in general but I enjoy it most when the stupid is cranked up to 11 without insulting the audience. NXT p much pulled that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MotU posted:

I honestly like my wrestling goofy as hell. I know that’s not a popular opinion in general

Based on the success of stuff like the Stadium Stampede I think most people are with you on that