Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
got'em

DGC773 posted:

Hello friends,

Goose here.

I am writing to let you all know that I am moving on to greener pastures. New Eden has been provided me with a lot of entertainment since I returned in May 2020 however it’s time to win eve and move on.

My assets are on the T5ZI market at fire sale prices. I will jump my pod into 1DQ so I can be returned to my home station in high sec to begin my hibernation.

The truth, I was a sponsored goon back in 07/08. My first day in the game I was in a frigate fleet moving from Syndicate to Scalding Pass to join with our Russian friends. With no idea what was going on. The same day a guy named Nync came on comms and started shouting Russian at us. I left and rejoined the game several times over the years. Was in Delve when Hargoth dropped BOB sov, burned countless freighters and haulers in Jita, sat in my sabre on the gates leading to B-R for hours. My sponsor decided to go gently caress goons so I guess when I came back to rejoin in May I was tainted.

The war has been fun, however today i struggle to find the motivation to log in for the SP rewards let alone to join fleets. I don’t see PAPI doing very well in the battle for 1DQ. Especially if you can all rage form into 1DQ when the assault happens. Even if they do take it, PanFam will go home along with all of the other hangers on. Then goons can feast on TEST all alone.

I hope that I made some of you laugh with my poo poo posting. If you didn’t like it, then rest assured the mods will soon be here to permaban me.

Goonspeed
The Goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I support our goons on all fronts. Hell, I even volunteered for CyberNations at one point. In the end, it is not about winning or losing battles, or even wars. Its about making pixels disappear, and harvesting those sweet pubbie tears. Because pubbies are the scum of the earth and must be defeated.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nosfereefer posted:

I support our goons on all fronts. Hell, I even volunteered for CyberNations at one point. In the end, it is not about winning or losing battles, or even wars. Its about making pixels disappear, and harvesting those sweet pubbie tears. Because pubbies are the scum of the earth and must be defeated.

Friend, the game can be played for free and with a minimal time investment. This is a good time to harvest pubbie tears and destroy the belongings of people who are too dumb to deserve them.

This is a valuable ship that used to belong to some dumb guy who bought into the propaganda that they own our space now and that it is safe for them to pretend we're not there.

There are many good reasons to join at the moment, a few of them are even EVE related. There's pvp straight off the undock, bads only 1 jump away and we have our very own DJ on Saturday nights: https://twitch.tv/mind1

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You may

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

have you made enough isk to buy me a keepstar yet? you promised

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

have you made enough isk to buy me a keepstar yet? you promised

You can have the one in T5Z. My gift to you.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Welp.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nosfereefer posted:

It's a shame I've found EVE boring as sin the two times I've given it a shot, otherwise I'd be right there with you applying. Playing with goons is usually pretty fun, and we tend to piss off the worst kinds of nerds.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

For those of us who don't play Eve but love the stories, what terrible thing has happened in this map?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It appears that TEST has taken over delve but I don't eve so I might be wrong

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Finally free from the shackles of POS warfare, our wolfpacks will rule the stars!!!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

It appears that TEST has taken over delve but I don't eve so I might be wrong

Is TEST goons? I'm guessing yes?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TAPI are the ones that want to drive goons into the sea and slay them to the last clone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

what that bit at the bottom though

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

So goons on the ropes? Thought this war was in the bag

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rutibex posted:

what that bit at the bottom though

some dudes, i dunno

https://sov.space/

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
What the gently caress is eve online. For real

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Something about a blender and a beautiful oblivion

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

the chief v2 posted:

What the gently caress is eve online. For real

A miserable pile of spaceships.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pnumoman posted:

So goons on the ropes? Thought this war was in the bag

yeah they have captured all our space except the capitol city lol. we're basically in a Siege of Constantinople situation right now

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The canonical end of goonfleet was when karttoon dropped sov

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Finally some comedy on our comedy forum

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Well WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Is there a before map for those of us who don't play the game but love the stories?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Turns out goons are worthless without their bacon points.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy goonish victory bonds

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chitin posted:

Well WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED?

Sentient Data posted:

Is there a before map for those of us who don't play the game but love the stories?

i made a gif, time starts around mid october 2020 and ends today:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Did they seriously add warp gates to travel to Period Basis from outside of Delve/Querious? When did that happen?

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

So is there any summary of how the collapse happened?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Vernii posted:

So is there any summary of how the collapse happened?

Somewhere along the past 18 years of EVE being around, goons managed to piss off every single person, organization, and alliance in the game.

In 2020 after being left to our own devices allowing years of unmolested hoarding of wealth and power, the entire rest of the game decided to band together because of our past transgressions.

We're now about a full 12 months later, and down to our last few goon-held systems.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Even if goons die the entire game will be forever mad

And that is special

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Well, at least I can finally forget this game exists at all when the goon presence finally disappears. Farewell EVE, you were the game with the most interesting drama I never played.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

pnumoman posted:

Well, at least I can finally forget this game exists at all when the goon presence finally disappears. Farewell EVE, you were the game with the most interesting drama I never played.

Goons are like bedbugs. You can't ever get rid of them.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:lol: so that bacon bot guy didn't even just leave, he's more like a rat escaping from a sinking ship

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Except he wasn't even on the ship. He wanted on the ship, got denied, then wandered off when be got bored.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pnumoman posted:

They've spent the last 11 months trying to exterminate us and I don't see them succeeding anytime soon

Join now,

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phlegmish posted:

They've spent the last 11 months trying to exterminate us and I don't see them succeeding anytime soon

Join now,

What happens when they win?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

sebmojo posted:

What happens when they win?

They run out of reasons to play.

Also I asked over in the main Eve thread re: the status of all this and they said between when the invasion started and now they nerfed all the space-land being conquered so other than destroying goons they don't get anything out of it. I assume destroying goons was always the point, but I guess the goon homeland was incredibly valuable / prosperous before.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sentient Data posted:

here's the archive of the sovereignty maps: https://www.verite.space/maps/influence/

In the past, the "Horn of Goondor" would've been blown and a massive recruitment drive would have been attempted. If that happened this time around, I didn't notice it. I tried to rejoin but couldn't. Oh well. The "pubbies" have finally defeated the "goonies" and the "iskies" and "toonies" will dwindle until somebody in Iceland unplugs the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

They run out of reasons to play.

Also I asked over in the main Eve thread re: the status of all this and they said between when the invasion started and now they nerfed all the space-land being conquered so other than destroying goons they don't get anything out of it. I assume destroying goons was always the point, but I guess the goon homeland was incredibly valuable / prosperous before.

the region wasn't particularly valuable as far as resources, but the geography was such that a large area could be protected by a central capital fleet. every star system in Delve is within a single jump of 1DQ, so we were able to park our fleet there and mine every star system in a huge region unopposed. just being able to mine safely is what made goons so productive.

CCP nerfed all of the minerals in conquerable space and a bunch of other things, so its not valuable to mine any more like it was