Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

EL BROMANCE posted:

Was there no thread for Dead To Me ever? It felt like it was all the talk at one point but can’t find one. Curious to see if other people had as many ‘oh gently caress!’ shouts as I did, and how people felt towards the characters.

I vaguely remember one, at least for season 1.
Season 2 definitely had such a moment from me, when those two women were kissing and entering the room and it turns out the cop is the roommate/ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just finished s1 this moment so I won’t click that tag yet, I’ll try look again for a s1 one. I could’ve sworn I saw one too before, but I looked a few times the other night.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FilthyImp posted:

It was gore-heavy when the Big Twist happened early in the run.

Since then there's been more gore, genocide, male rape, Quiverfull-style strategic breeding and a bunch of other poo poo that most certainly is not just a teen power fantasy.

Man I hope that show doesn't take off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Man I hope that show doesn't take off.

It could end up like The Boys where they take the good ideas and get rid of the bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

It could end up like The Boys where they take the good ideas and get rid of the bad.

If you got rid of the bad ideas in Invincible you'd be left with an all ages cartoon.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

If you got rid of the bad ideas in Invincible you'd be left with an all ages cartoon.
Nah, the Viltrumites' agenda, Not Teen Titans Drama (Robot and Monster Girl getting lost), general relationship with Invincible and the Gov... that could all work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadline.com/2021/01/food-network-pulls-worst-cooks-in-america-season-20-after-champion-arrested-for-child-murder-1234679156/

Food Network has pulled the latest season of their show Worst Cooks in America because the winner has been accused of killing her adopted child.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Remove all the other stuff, the sexual assault and whatever. Sure.

But what's wrong with a superhero cartoon with swearing and gore?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://deadline.com/2021/01/food-network-pulls-worst-cooks-in-america-season-20-after-champion-arrested-for-child-murder-1234679156/

Food Network has pulled the latest season of their show Worst Cooks in America because the winner has been accused of killing her adopted child.
:dogbutton:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you win that show by being the worst worst cook or the best worst cook? Is it the worst cook who improves the most or the least?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Escobarbarian posted:

Do you win that show by being the worst worst cook or the best worst cook? Is it the worst cook who improves the most or the least?

Worst to best by weekly elimination.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The show be a lot more interesting if it was the latter. Who can make the most creatively unpleasant food?

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 24, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And I thought my cooking was bad.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

It's the last completed season; there one running currently with Carla Hall as the second judge. I've tried to like the show, but there a lot of forced comedy. And if you like "would have been over the top in bad '90's movies" caricatures , this is the show for you! There's always at least two ditzy blondes, a sassy black woman and one flaming gay man. Some of the contestants actually make gains, but it takes many grease fires and undercooked food to get there.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Anyone seen third season of Tin Star? First season was odd but interesting. Second felt like it was written on a napkin. Just bafflingly badly written, meandering, backtracking on some plot points for no reason, poo poo antagonists. As good as Tim Roth is, I won't go back for the third season unless the show unshat itself.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Finished both seasons of His Dark Materials and it's unbelievably boring. Good cast and production values. it looks expensive as hell. But nothing happens and even major character deaths are forgettable that I need a reminder that this person died in the recap next episode. You'd think a show about someone trying to destroy church and religion would be more exciting but it's more like watching Richard Dawkins walk to the corner store for coffee and a bagel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Euphoria specials are SO GOOD omg

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Euphoria specials are SO GOOD omg

Does everyone remember when Escobarbarian complained all the time?

This is a good look, don't get me wrong, but I'm also worried you've been bodysnatched.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is there a place you buy the coffee mugs they use on The Expanse anymore? Back when it was still on Syfy I swear they sold versions printed with the MCRN logo in the official store, but I’m probably misremembering.

I really want that frosted white/clear one with the Roci nose art that Holden used in the latest episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Does everyone remember when Escobarbarian complained all the time?

This is a good look, don't get me wrong, but I'm also worried you've been bodysnatched.

I’ve always talked about shows I like and shows I don’t like! I am no different, you just chose to focus on the negative before!

e: essentially I am just extremely vocal about all shows of all quality

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 24, 2021

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is there a place you buy the coffee mugs they use on The Expanse anymore? Back when it was still on Syfy I swear they sold versions printed with the MCRN logo in the official store, but I’m probably misremembering.

I really want that frosted white/clear one with the Roci nose art that Holden used in the latest episode.

The one with the logo was some dude on Etsy or Red Bubble bootleg printing onto one of these

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

The show be a lot more interesting if it was the latter. Who can make the most creatively unpleasant food?

Canada's worst driver was a great show.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve always talked about shows I like and shows I don’t like! I am no different, you just chose to focus on the negative before!

e: essentially I am just extremely vocal about all shows of all quality

I was just kinda "yeah this show is okay" re: Euphoria while it aired but these specials have been extremely loving good and on point. If Zendaya and Hunter Schafer aren't nominated for awards this year, I'm sending some strongly worded letters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vanderdeath posted:

If Zendaya and Hunter Schafer aren't nominated for awards this year, I'm sending some strongly worded letters.

WE'LL STORM THE ACADEMY HEADQUARTERS

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

sad question posted:

Anyone seen third season of Tin Star? First season was odd but interesting. Second felt like it was written on a napkin. Just bafflingly badly written, meandering, backtracking on some plot points for no reason, poo poo antagonists. As good as Tim Roth is, I won't go back for the third season unless the show unshat itself.

I bailed after season 1 and it sounds like it was a good choice. I think I ranked it last of the 65 odd shows I ranked in my TVIV Poll that year. Sorry, can't comment on Season 3 and you're the first person I've seen bring up the show since season 1.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sad question posted:

When I saw this I thought "there's a third season of tin man? I didn't even know they did two". Then I looked it up and was sad you made me think about tin star again

sad question
May 30, 2020

Looten Plunder posted:

I bailed after season 1 and it sounds like it was a good choice. I think I ranked it last of the 65 odd shows I ranked in my TVIV Poll that year. Sorry, can't comment on Season 3 and you're the first person I've seen bring up the show since season 1.

Yeah, if you didn't care for season 1 and wondered if season 2 was an improvement you can rest easy knowing that you did not lose anything by skipping it.

Someone has to be watching if they made a third one :shrug:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's the last completed season; there one running currently with Carla Hall as the second judge. I've tried to like the show, but there a lot of forced comedy. And if you like "would have been over the top in bad '90's movies" caricatures , this is the show for you! There's always at least two ditzy blondes, a sassy black woman and one flaming gay man. Some of the contestants actually make gains, but it takes many grease fires and undercooked food to get there.

I just can't get into Worst Cooks, mainly because I really can't stand Anne Burrell. Even before she had the sexual harassment claims against her.

Though I feel like "90s movies caricatures" is a big chunk of most Food Network competition shows.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Finished both seasons of His Dark Materials and it's unbelievably boring. Good cast and production values. it looks expensive as hell. But nothing happens and even major character deaths are forgettable that I need a reminder that this person died in the recap next episode. You'd think a show about someone trying to destroy church and religion would be more exciting but it's more like watching Richard Dawkins walk to the corner store for coffee and a bagel.
Yeah, it’s all so generically terrible. They waste so much time on bullshit and nothing seems to hang together.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I quite enjoyed the Will/Lyra stuff in s2 but otherwise yeah it’s very boring and generic in many ways.

Also re Tin Star, I agree with Looten that Tin Star season 1 was awful and definitely the worst show of that year, which I remember certain TVIV posters getting really angry at me for at the time lmao. Can’t believe it’s made it to a third season, jesus

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
oh wait is tin star that show with tim roth?

god that was terrible

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Tin Star Season 3 was set in Liverpool, and it kind of feels like a soft-reboot, like that season of 24 in London. Its pretty fun though, worth a watch.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

oh wait is tin star that show with tim roth?

god that was terrible

I tried it because Tom Roth is great and it was soooo bad. Points for greasing that kid at the end of episode one though, I didn’t see that coming.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
saw some chatter about Servant so I gave the first episode a shot and welp that was not what I was expecting

I shall continue

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

isaboo posted:

saw some chatter about Servant so I gave the first episode a shot and welp that was not what I was expecting

I shall continue

Yes. Yessssss.

Show owns.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
So just curious but question for the group. What's the show you can point to that was exactly what you want from a tv show? Doesn't need to be the best but that show nailed what you wanted.

For me it's Galavant and I know nothing like it is coming around for a very long time. I enjoy the other musical shows that have come out since but Galavant had a tone and cast that hit me perfectly. And that's alright I got two seasons of my perfect show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
For comedy? Always Sunny seasons 2-10. Or maybe the original (pre-Comedy Central) run of Futurama, I can't decide.
For drama? Mad Men.
Genre stuff? DS9.

All four had perfect casts with great chemistry, which imo is the most important thing to nail for a show. Even the best writing can't carry a series if the cast isn't up to par.

edit #99: also Space Ghost Coast to Coast just for having such a heavy hand in determining my own weird sense of humor as a kid

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 25, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll have to think about the question longer. But while it's in the air, I just wanted to emphasize how loving good Galavant is.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve been watching The Watch on BBC America. I know very little of the Discworld universe, but it’s pretty decent so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I liked Servant, but it had no business being stretched out for 10 episodes.