Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

And now they have a pirate train!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It’s a good show, much better than the film

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The film rules tho

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The new Chapo premium took on the Woodstock 99 documentary and it's really good, its a premium episode though.

Very much enjoyed how they ripped the poo poo out of Moby and brought up one of his original quotes (which was left out of the documentary): "The rave tent where there were no rock kids was awesome. Bummer I didn't get laid though".

I get a lot of people don't like them but if you can find the episode on YouTube it's a good listen. Felix is fantastic in it.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they played Fred Durst’s isolated vocal tracks. drat it is worse than I even imagined. They also did Johnathan Davis’ vocal tracks on ADIDAS, and that was almost as bad (I actually liked their first album).

I’ve been to a few shows where I felt like a riot could start. RATM in 96 and Suicidal Tendencies 91 were pretty insane, but the most insane might have been Bad Brains. It was a club show full of skinheads. Fights kept breaking out between the SHARPS and the Nazi Skinheads. I got trampled and hurt that night. It was pure chaos. I have never been punched more or thrown more punches in my life (gently caress Nazis).

I guess my point is that I don’t see anything wrong with Limp Bizkit’s set at all (I am using the mindset that they were unaware of the sexual assaults). I watched a couple of songs from that set on YouTube and it is exactly what one would think (and hope) the performance would be like. I am still amazed that such a lovely band could take over a crowd like that. So props on that I guess?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A bunch of isolated vocals were posted to YouTube a few years back but it looks like most of my favorite ones were taken down. By far the my favorite was Paradise by the Dashboard lights because the vocals are acted so well in this thirsty and desperate way which gets a bit lost in the full mix. Makes sense because being theatrical is kinda the whole Meatloaf deal, but it was still great.

My second favorite was finding a few songs by The Carpenters. Karen's voice is incredible, but I find that era of music so wildly overproduced. But this version of the song with vocals and bass is an all-timer for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkn38cmPtZQ

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/flmFt6urWz8

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IArxakPsPE0

David Lee Roth Running With the Devil is by far my favorite one of these. I can't stop laughing every time. WAAOOOWWW

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Bad, just bad. How in the hell did he become a lead singer of a band?

Medullah posted:

David Lee Roth Running With the Devil is by far my favorite one of these. I can't stop laughing every time. WAAOOOWWW

My wife laughed so hard at this she cried. Those yells, grunts, and scatting are just amazing. Please David tell me all about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

A bunch of isolated vocals were posted to YouTube a few years back but it looks like most of my favorite ones were taken down. By far the my favorite was Paradise by the Dashboard lights because the vocals are acted so well in this thirsty and desperate way which gets a bit lost in the full mix. Makes sense because being theatrical is kinda the whole Meatloaf deal, but it was still great.

A Jim Steinman masterpiece.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Medullah posted:

God bless him.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Sweet Tooth has been renewed. I need to get back to that, enjoyed the first few episodes, but I got distracted.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I am certain that the guy from Offspring is a time traveler because that is more palatable than the knowledge that we have had the same societal problems for multiple decades...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Bruce Campbell has been cast as Jack Griffin's father on A.P. Bio.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress, now I gotta watch AP Bio.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

GreenNight posted:

gently caress, now I gotta watch AP Bio.

It's so good.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
From the man himself:
https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1421195993291309057

You can debate if he defines a cardiac catheterization as a surgery.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a weird idea to me to thank a bunch of corporations for their help during a hospital stay

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I mean, it isn't, it's a procedure.

I know everyone reacts different ways, but unconscious from a "small" heart attack seems extreme. I had a 100% blockage of my RCA and I walked into the emergency room under my own power. Though, if it was the LCA I guess it would have been different (though I wouldn't define that as small either.)

Recovery should be quick assuming no major heart damage. I was out of the hospital in 3 days and felt pretty much normal after a week

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I finished Scream Queens the other day, I don't know what the consensus is here but I thought it was great. The second season less so of course. Now I normally hate horror, It's very much not my genre. But something about the Horror Parody just makes everything work so well. The sheer level of self absorption the characters demonstrate is beautiful.

I don't think I've ever seen Emma Roberts in nothing, but she loving killed it in the series. The other two Chenille's as well. Dean Munsche is also perfectly cast. Wes and Chad also got very good actors, and of course
Denise Hemfield killed every scene. I thought the other blonde was alright as an actress but her writing was weak, I also thought it was the lady who played Kimmy from the Americans, but that is not the truth. Zayday was the weakest of the core cast I think, I don't think I've ever seen her in anything else, but for whatever reason the materiel she got in both seasons was awful. I don't have any idea why she was in KKT for most of the series, and having the same Boyfriend is killed and I'm captured plot in both series is just weak. I thought about this in a second, but she is the only main cast who doesn't have a single other family member. All the Chenilles have family, Kimmy has her dad, Denise get's Shondel and Chad to play off, Munsch with her Ex Husband, Zayday gets nobody. If they ever bring the show back they need to give her some love, or drop her and try again.

Hester also was pretty weak, First Season it becomes pretty obvious shes the killer by like EP7 but it's still fun, then she kinda overracts some poo poo and they go back with the neck brace, and the jokes about her doing anal. It's just.....ehhh. Season 2 there's a part where someone asks why she's even there, and I gotta ask the same. How did she know who the killer was, and why would you release and never actually keep an Eye on her? I think they just liked her actress and brought her back, but it don't feel good like it did with Chad coming back.

Season 1 Felt a bit long in the tooth but I enjoyed nearly every second. Season 2 Was good but I dunno weaker for sure.

It felt really unfocused, the setting changed really sucked rear end for me cause I love that college poo poo, but the medical setting really coulda worked good. But the Green Meanie just felt so disconnected to what was happening, Why should I give a poo poo that some unconnected person died on Halloween, at a totally different hospital with different peeps. Then Kirstie Allie's nurse comes in and just doesn't do a great job, her whole Ms.Bean thing is cut out under from legs, nobody points out Hester is the one who turned on the friars. And her plan just feels dumb compared to the Red Devils. Cascade also was real ehhhhhhhh. Killing off 3's boyfriend again also is lame, I like her she deserves happiness. Turning Wes evil is also dumb, him going out with a Playlist joke is straight bad. I like to Imagine Kimmy never went crazy, He did, she went to Stanford but his crazy overprotectivness drove him away. She probably got a retraining order or something. This made him insane enough to revamping himself as someone trying to avenge his daughter and try and take out the Chenilles.

The worst Part of Season 2 is it so perfectly sets up Season 3 that is appartently cancelled!? Chenille trying to keep on a smiling face, and keep her show going while someone with a grudge against Daytime Television tries and kill her and her staff. loving Amazing, they could wear a Max Headroom max and start intruding on her show with videos of the kills.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm watching the first episode of The White Lotus and didn't expect to see Steve Zahn fondling his cock and balls in front of Connie Britton to check if his balls are larger than normal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bull3964 posted:

I mean, it isn't, it's a procedure.

I know everyone reacts different ways, but unconscious from a "small" heart attack seems extreme. I had a 100% blockage of my RCA and I walked into the emergency room under my own power. Though, if it was the LCA I guess it would have been different (though I wouldn't define that as small either.)

Recovery should be quick assuming no major heart damage. I was out of the hospital in 3 days and felt pretty much normal after a week

I assume shooting on location in 90-100 degree heat probably doesn't help.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lol

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember seeing Moby's apartment on MTV Cribs. It was like the least garish place in that show's history. Just looked like a really nice apartment except this one has 5 floors.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The first episode of Black Summer season 2 is a bit manic. I think I liked season 1 so I feel like I will like this season but everything feels jarring right now.

Starting Leverage and it seems nice.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember seeing Moby's apartment on MTV Cribs. It was like the least garish place in that show's history. Just looked like a really nice apartment except this one has 5 floors.

that sounds pretty garish

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

method man had the least garish crib how dare you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who was it that jerked off

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of jerking off I don't know where else to post this but Gawker is back and it looks terrible

https://www.gawker.com/

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

the format is atrocious.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
All I care about is the return of that one article series where two writers try out every lovely tourist trap restaurant in NYC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TVIV Viewers Poll Anniversary Edition is up! Looten is wonderful for making this. Make sure to read the rules before submitting a list!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975091

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Dave - who thought the small penis rapper show would be the realist poo poo out there

This season has been so loving good

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm watching the first episode of The White Lotus and didn't expect to see Steve Zahn fondling his cock and balls in front of Connie Britton to check if his balls are larger than normal.
What's the deal with Hollywood constantly setting shows and movies in Hawaii and filling them with only white people? I heard that Emma Stone movie was especially bad on that front.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

They just outright broke their contract with her without ever re-negotiating, despite being on record as to having promised to do so. There better be some really loony clauses in that contract to navigate them out of an intentional breach in addition to acting in bad faith.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

that sounds pretty garish

Especially compared to Redman's crib which featured a money jar and guy sleeping on the floor.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

The United States posted:

What's the deal with Hollywood constantly setting shows and movies in Hawaii and filling them with only white people? I heard that Emma Stone movie was especially bad on that front.

With White Lotus that is the point. The guest are all privileged white people while the staff is mostly not. I mean it’s kind of obvious since the one guest who is not white is only there because of an invite from the family and you can see how that is going.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

TV Zombie posted:

The first episode of Black Summer season 2 is a bit manic. I think I liked season 1 so I feel like I will like this season but everything feels jarring right now.
I'm glad this is back. I wound up liking season 1 a lot more than I expected. Especially the finale, where a bunch of random people with guns funneled into a zombie-infested area was depicted as utterly chaotic and not remotely action-movie-tactical-cool, with all sorts of crossfire casualties.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'm glad this is back. I wound up liking season 1 a lot more than I expected. Especially the finale, where a bunch of random people with guns funneled into a zombie-infested area was depicted as utterly chaotic and not remotely action-movie-tactical-cool, with all sorts of crossfire casualties.

That's one of the things that made Black Summer so good. Anyone can die of a stupid mistake.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Oh, since season 2 just came out, I thought I'd plug the Outer Banks on Netflix. You haven't seen it because marketing is poo poo.

How it's presented:

What it really is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I always thought it was suppose to be more like Goonies but even the trailer is poo poo.