Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

G7 also has surprisingly good hipfire, that gun is fuckin weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tokubetsu posted:

I actually think longbow is in a bad place atm. Itís better than nothing but even with the slow RoF I think the sentinel edges out ahead of it rn. Iíd take a g7 scout over a longbow.

I feel the same way about the Triple Take. ROF too slow for medium range engagements, and pretty much useless at long range even with the choke.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Tokubetsu posted:

The double tap buff was huge. It used to be with double tap on, unless they were midrange and you were aiming at chest that second shot was probably gonna miss. Now they can be like 200m out and you aim at neck both those shots are gonna hit.

wait, what double tap buff? what does it do? reduce the recoil of the second shot? That's what I hated about using double tap before...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the delay between shots was reduced, effectively reducing the recoil yeah.

But also it honestly just takes some practice but it's really drat good, if there's a double tap G7 wielder shooting at me I'm terrified who seems even semi-competent I'm not even gonna bother trying to peek war vs them. You just get destroyed.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I hate World's Edge. Please stop hot dropping Fragment. I'm begging you. My family is dying.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of marksman, the anvil receiver is really good right now, I usually drop whatever marksman I was carrying for a shotgun if I find anvils, anvil flatline feels better than the repeater.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I hate World's Edge. Please stop hot dropping Fragment. I'm begging you. My family is dying.

People keep saying that this would happen even if Fragment was removed but other maps don't have this problem to nearly this extent. Not even close.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

SKULL.GIF posted:

People keep saying that this would happen even if Fragment was removed but other maps don't have this problem to nearly this extent. Not even close.

killage

fight night

caustic treatment

crashed ship

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

life_source posted:

killage

fight night

caustic treatment

crashed ship

All of these get 2-4 squads, sometimes 5, sometimes 0. Not half the lobby, every game.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Yeah worlds edge is insufferable due to fragment. No other poi on any map has such a dramatic effect on drop patterns.

They really poo poo the bed with worlds edge. No more mirage voyage, no train, no sorting factory. So many changes that did nothing to improve gameplay or fun.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In fairness I like Lava Siphon a lot. I think it's the right balance between being large and being complex.

A lot of Broken Moon POIs -- particularly Terraformer -- lean a bit too heavily on the 'complex' side so you're constantly getting ambushed by another squad that you had no idea was there, while losing track of whoever you were fighting.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Just embrace the frag drop, what else you gonna do?
Drop at an empty area before sighing and going to fragment in 5m cause that's where all the remaining teams are?

They should probably change the map tho

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

bring back ring flares and put a permanent one on fragment

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
How did Warzone 2's 3 rings that converge in the end style turn out? My PC is older and I don't even had the hdd space currently so I never tried it.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Just remove all the buildings with vertical zip lines so 99% of streamers or streamer wannabes stop dropping frag.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Speaking of marksman, the anvil receiver is really good right now, I usually drop whatever marksman I was carrying for a shotgun if I find anvils, anvil flatline feels better than the repeater.

It is better than the repeater, not even a contest.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

How did Warzone 2's 3 rings that converge in the end style turn out? My PC is older and I don't even had the hdd space currently so I never tried it.

Apparently they figured out how compression works because Warzone 2 is much smaller than the original. It's only 21GB vs over 100Gb for the old one. You might be able to make some room if you want.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ess posted:

It is better than the repeater, not even a contest.

Is it though? You can 2-tap people before they have a chance to react with a Peter with skull piercer

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I know these are rookie numbers but...

It's possible I might be a Caustic main.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who can delay and enemy / provide cover on command is a good chat in my book

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Also am I an obscene weirdo if I actually really dig the Mozambique? Somehow against all odds I end up doing better with it than most other shotguns...

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Mad Maggie is fun as hell to play as. An easy kit and itís very satisfying to land a good wall piercer

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also am I an obscene weirdo if I actually really dig the Mozambique? Somehow against all odds I end up doing better with it than most other shotguns...

The elites don't want you to know this, but the mozambique is the best gun in the game

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You shoulda seen it last season bro

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
My buddy calls it the "punch gun", both because it's basically the same as punching them but from slightly farther away and because it should only be used against someone that's unarmed. Or at least, that's what he says - I think he just he's just stuck in a past where it was a three shot gun you'd grab on a hot drop.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Mozzie is better than it was at launch but with hammies gone and the eva buffs there's no reason to use it. Heck, you should probably just grab a wingman instead.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hammerpoint Mozambique is legit as hell but without that hopup there's very little reason to ever use it outside of a hot drop situation

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I take as my free gun in Arenas and think it's much better for cleaning up than the p2020, and I'll choose it over that in early game BR, but yeah I'll never really use it long term.

Maybe it's because I still think of it as a care package weapon, but I love the mastiff shotgun best of all. Aside from feeling good to use it has great aesthetics.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1597658702555000833

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Not worth it unless they've cut down significantly on the downtime between rounds.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Jack B Nimble posted:

I take as my free gun in Arenas and think it's much better for cleaning up than the p2020, and I'll choose it over that in early game BR, but yeah I'll never really use it long term.

Maybe it's because I still think of it as a care package weapon, but I love the mastiff shotgun best of all. Aside from feeling good to use it has great aesthetics.

Idk why they hit the p2020 with the submachine gun hipfire nerf too, it's really bad now.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

DrunkPanda posted:

Is it though? You can 2-tap people before they have a chance to react with a Peter with skull piercer

I'll be honest I kind of forgot the 30-30 could take the skullpiercer hop up. I'd still take hammer flatline over it though because I aim centre mass and if you get someone completely dead to rights, the rof is still high enough that they won't get much time to react.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yoshi ignore the haters, the moz is a fantastic shotgun, especially if you're not super into spending an entire fiscal year reloading your shotgun in the middle of a firefight

we're in the middle of a shotgun renaissance right now, whatever flavour you're into is the right flavour (not peacekeeper)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

egg tats posted:

spending an entire fiscal year reloading your shotgun in the middle of a firefight

Me, in a same-room firefight with a fully loaded mastiff: hah, yes, hahaha!

Me, in the same firefight, now that it's empty: Wait, what the gently caress? This loving sucks.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Some still rush to crafter for that pk

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Volt + Mozambique cqc supremacy 1v1

Blind em with the ol razzle dazzle til shields crack, pop pop goes miss mozzy

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I dunno what it is but I can never make the EVA work compared to other shotguns. PK still gives me the best results, and Mastiff's somewhere in the middle

I guess I'm handicapping myself still playing on mnk for anything close range though, it's basically suicide vs a roller with any smg.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Back when Arena came out, I played it for a little bit and would either exclusively play level 3 mozambique or Rampart with an L-Star.

It was very good for getting used to the mozam and realizing it's potential. Plus maxing out a level 3 mozam was cheap af back then, you didn't need to play the econ game if you were just maining mozam.

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008
Yeah I keep trying to make close range with a m&k work and it feels like a waste of time.

Anyone tried using Bangalore smoke to disable the aim assist? Might start trying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Whatís your FOV at? Close range hip fire fights got a lot more manageable for me when I went up to 110 earlier this year.