Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Eh, maybe you don't. Just glanced at Dinosaurs. I guess your gut call on two scum without any real work behind it juxtaposition to that meaningless Sandwolf stuff is irking me.

I think I’d vote sand over grand from that exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

My gut keeps telling me that Lotus and Sandwolf are scum together. I have no idea why, but it is insistent.

##vote Sandwolf

Anything more about lotus? Feels like you mentioned him once here but have made zero effort to interact with him.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Toal isn't really playing yet, but this throwaway semi-joke looks scummy.

So I had the exact opposite read on toals unvote. There isn’t anything else in his post history to feel strongly one way or another.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Let me know if the deadline sucks, I forget it’s a lot earlier in North America

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Anything more about lotus? Feels like you mentioned him once here but have made zero effort to interact with him.

It's more a sandwolf thing. When Sandwolf defended Lotus, I've seen him defend scumbuds way earlier that I expected him to do in the past, and in a casual kind of way, it felt the same here. I think they are linked but it's one way, Lotus is only scum if Sandwolf is, not the other way around. Give me a sec to see if I can find what pinged me. I've been mostly skimming this weekend because of the double holiday.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol forgot about deadline. ##vote steak

The case work and what I've seen myself don't paint a pretty picture for steakums.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

At-low feels a little self conscious with that post but he doesn’t seem nervous. Also I like his style.

Lotus’ post is overexplained but I still kinda get it.

So I’m gonna ##vote Hal

This was the one. It's not nearly as hot a take as I thought it was when I initially read it. But double low key supporting At-LOW and Lotus, dropping a vote on Hal. Wait, it was AT-Low that triggered me as the tie in to Sandwolf not Lotus. Lotus is fine, AT-Low is the scumbro Sandwolf is trying to protect, my brain got confused apparently.

Either way, need to flip Sandwolf first to see if it all follows.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I prefer mid day (for me) week day deadlines, so I’m fine with time. Today in general isn’t great for me but that has nothing to do with the specific time.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

How could you possibly have town vibes from Toalpaz? They've done nothing.

It's a gut feeling. My guts often betray me, so I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ObamaAkbar. posted:

It's at 2:25 in the afternoon for me so if you leave it at the same time I will be asleep every deadline.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am very much an outlier, though, so don't change on my account.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

At-low feels a little self conscious with that post but he doesn’t seem nervous. Also I like his style.

Lotus’ post is overexplained but I still kinda get it.

So I’m gonna ##vote Hal

SW has done nothing but joke and that Grandi prod. Maybe not a bad vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

SW has done nothing but joke and that Grandi prod. Maybe not a bad vote.

I’m good voting sand. I thought the Hal vote was bad and I don’t like the interaction with grand.

We swapping? I don’t know if I have a strong opinion of steak over sand or vice versa

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's weird that no one is defending Steak and no one is putting up an alternate candidate. We could be right on him.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I feel like steak usually gets pressure d1, but it rarely coalesces into an actual execution.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot he made two meta calls on me, not just one. I’m fine with voting steak.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

unironically tho, im getting weird vibes from voodoo's posting. didnt he post weird smalltalk like this last time he was scum?

Two separate times he has tried to “last time I was scum” me.

Both fairly tenuous as well. I’m pretty sure I post weird small talk in every game, and to be fair I’ve had a bad couple of scum games but don’t remember getting caught for just trying to get a vote down in either.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will always go for a day 1 steak lunch

##vote steak

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm here and willing to egg secute steak.

##vote steak

Why leave it to deadline in 4 hours?

FWIW I'm sure I'll have a stronger desire to play during day deuce. I think that Voodoo's points about steakems bringing up vague stuff about play 'last game' is reason enough. Namely that steak is stretching for an excuse to seriously push someone when it should be easy as pie.

It's hard to catch laid back scum, and easy to believe that they're trying to control the narrative. If this vote fails to catch scum we can use that information to make deductions tomorrow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Mr. Steak is hammered? Oh well, they won't be missed.

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (7): Idle Amalgam, AT-LOW, AT-LOW, merk, Idle Amalgam, Voodoofly, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz
Sandwolf (1): Grandicap
Hal Insandenza (1): AT-LOW, AT-LOW, Sandwolf
Somberbrero (1): AT-LOW
Voodoofly (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
AT-LOW (1): Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, Lotus Aura, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
Retro Futurist (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
merk (0): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Lotus Aura (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Retro Futurist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 05th, 2021 at 3:25 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 44 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will always go for a day 1 steak lunch

##vote steak

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

LMAO

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol good morning

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

As soon as the boss left the attending mobsters eyed each other suspiciously, at first a few of them tried to play it off as a joke.
“Nah no way any of us would betray the family! He’s gotta be yanking our leg.”
“This ain’t no laughing matter, maybe you’re the rat if you ain’t willing to take this seriously!”
Suddenly attention drew to Mr. Streak, he seemed to be talking a lot of sense, too much sense if you get my drift.
“Hey since when is he so level headed? He’s giving me the heebie jeebies!”
All eyes were suddenly on Mr. Steak.
“Look guys I’m just trying to find the rat like the rest of you!”
Before he could say anything else Mr. Humalong and Toalpaz drew their guns and pumped him full of lead.

They quickly searched his body for clues. Inside his wallet was a business card for a Detective Steve Falwell, what kind of schmuck would carry around that kind of incriminating evidence?

Mr. Steak, Reggie 'Knuckles' Kane (Snitch-aligned Godfather) has been whacked Day 1!

quote:

You are Reggie 'Knuckles' Kane (Snitch-aligned Godfather). You have spent your entire life as a career criminal and are considered beyond reproach by your associates. You will return a Mafia-aligned result if investigated. You win when Snitches control the vote.

It is now Night 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (7): Idle Amalgam, AT-LOW, AT-LOW, merk, Idle Amalgam, Voodoofly, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz
Sandwolf (1): Grandicap
Hal Insandenza (1): AT-LOW, AT-LOW, Sandwolf
Somberbrero (1): AT-LOW
Voodoofly (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
AT-LOW (1): Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, Lotus Aura, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
Retro Futurist (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
merk (0): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Lotus Aura (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Retro Futurist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 05th, 2021 at 3:25 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 53 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The men shuffled about nervously, after the excitement of the precious day they thought things would be back to normal, but the boss had called them in for another meeting. All but one of them seemed to be in attendance, maybe he was just running late?
“Fellas, as much as I was impressed with your good work yesterday I’m now fuckin’ pissed. They picked up Quentin last night and he’s going down on fraud charges. Do you have any freakin’ idea how much information a mob attorney has access to? You all better pray to god he doesn’t squeal... Someone else talked I just know it, there’s at least one more stinkin’ rat, so you better find out who it is or you’ll all be eating dirt, capiche?”

Mr. Humalong, Quentin Azzara (Mafia-aligned Doctor) has been sent down Night 1!

quote:

You are Quentin Azzara (Mafia-aligned Doctor). A trained criminal lawyer with links to the mob. Once per night you may protect one player, blocking them from prosecution. You may not target yourself with this ability, you may not target the same player two nights in a row. You win when all threats to Mafia are eliminated.

It is now Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): AT-LOW, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Lotus Aura, merk, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 08th, 2021 at 4 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Going forward deadlines will be based off of the previous hammer. If this sucks for the majority of you just yell at me and I can change it, I’m easy.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Oh and the following people also receive a lurker warning: Somberbrero, Retro Futurist, AT-LOW and Toalpaz.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:ghost: Cowards. :ghost:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hopefully the snitches learned their lesson yesterday and just give up now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am thinking grandi may be suspect here

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

merk posted:

It's weird that no one is defending Steak and no one is putting up an alternate candidate.

Rereading over the end of day stretch and I'm glad merk noticed this too. Barring any last minute swerves that were cutoff, it looked like it'd end up coming down to Steak or no-one. None of the votes for Steak really look to me like scum seeing the writing on the wall and attempting to get some easy towny cred though.

Steak spending most of his time focusing almost exclusively on Voodoo and defending that means we don't really get much from what Steak himself posted either. At least it's pretty likely from there that Voodoo isn't a snitch, which... isn't really all that surprising anyway.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I feel okay about merk, Voodoo and Hal in varying degrees. Everyone else is basically a big grey blob of question marks right now.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sandwolf's probably the one that looks worst to me right now, since his Hal vote come out of - and went - nowhere. Really, the context of the vote as a light defense of AtLow and me while simultaneously voting someone seemingly at random is pretty bad and seems like buddying up more than anything else. Even then, just sitting on it and doing absolutely nothing with it one way or the other arguably looks worse than the vote itself, though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lotus Aura posted:

Sandwolf's probably the one that looks worst to me right now, since his Hal vote come out of - and went - nowhere. Really, the context of the vote as a light defense of AtLow and me while simultaneously voting someone seemingly at random is pretty bad and seems like buddying up more than anything else. Even then, just sitting on it and doing absolutely nothing with it one way or the other arguably looks worse than the vote itself, though.

He was the only one really getting even limited traction at the end there, I'm wondering if the Sandwolf push was scum centered. In my memory, I was pushing for it, but I need to look back and see if there were any more nefarious voices there too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

He was the only one really getting even limited traction at the end there, I'm wondering if the Sandwolf push was scum centered. In my memory, I was pushing for it, but I need to look back and see if there were any more nefarious voices there too.

It was merk and voodoo who expressed willingness while not hopping off of steak. I feel good about both of them though, so I guess I'm wrong.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoo asked if we were switching off of Steak but did not move. I'm not sure how to take that post, probably town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Somberbrero doesn't post much, but when he does post he never mentions Steak.

##vote Somberbrero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I disagree that Lotus' post is over-explained, for what that is worth.

There were two votes on Steak at this point. Somb gladly comments on Lotus without commenting on Steak... or anyone who Somb thinks is scum.

With no one propping up an alternative candidate to Steak or defending Steak at all, I expect that at least one scum was just pure AFK. That scum looks like Somb.