Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

a possible :nws::nms: post of our laziest employee for the new page (fabricated gore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
why do you work in scary zone

Ass-penny

Ominous Jazz posted:

why do you work in scary zone

some goober in mesopotamia invented agriculture and now I have to have a credit score? sounds unfair and lame tbh

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Farecoal

There he go
Everytime I look into unionizing my workplace the first step is always "talk to co-workers about unions". Unfortunately, I am awkward and conflict-averse so that's pretty much a non-starter. Is there a union I can contact that will come in and unionize us by force??

more falafel please

forums poster

Farecoal posted:

Everytime I look into unionizing my workplace the first step is always "talk to co-workers about unions". Unfortunately, I am awkward and conflict-averse so that's pretty much a non-starter. Is there a union I can contact that will come in and unionize us by force??

god i wish

unionize me daddy

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

yeah unfortunately in my experience if you don't want to put in the work of organizing your coworkers it is better just to get into a job that already is a union gig.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

Farecoal posted:

Depending on your industry, there might be. They have people who coordinate organizing for a living so if you think it might catch on, it's worth talking to one of them. They'll know the process.

Farecoal

There he go
I would like to leave pamphlets in the break room at least but the building is camera'd the gently caress up

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
In Australia industry action is protected, nothing to say they can't get rid of you using another excuse or make your life miserable in other ways of course

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

more falafel please

forums poster

Chewbecca posted:

In Australia industry action is protected, nothing to say they can't get rid of you using another excuse or make your life miserable in other ways of course

it is here too, but yeah, good luck with that. from my understanding the way to do it is to first get at least 75% of your coworkers organized and willing to sign a card check and vote in an election, without anyone in management finding out you're doing it

Chewbecca

more falafel please posted:

it is here too, but yeah, good luck with that. from my understanding the way to do it is to first get at least 75% of your coworkers organized and willing to sign a card check and vote in an election, without anyone in management finding out you're doing it

Hmm its interesting you guys can start your own unions, here there are pre-existing unions (like the SDA is for all retail and warehouse people, the CFMEU is for construction workers, there are plumbers and electrician's unions etc). Do you guys not have big unions like that you can join?

more falafel please

forums poster

Chewbecca posted:

Hmm its interesting you guys can start your own unions, here there are pre-existing unions (like the SDA is for all retail and warehouse people, the CFMEU is for construction workers, there are plumbers and electrician's unions etc). Do you guys not have big unions like that you can join?

yeah, we do, and typically that's how it works. there's a lot of unions for particular trades like the IBEW (electricians among others), SEIU (service industries particularly healthcare and sanitation), AFSCME (government employees), the Teamsters (lots of blue-collar industries tbh), UFCW (mostly grocery store employees, also sadly the only union i've ever been a part of), etc. the AFL-CIO is the parent union of a lot of them, and they're kinda garbage, but it's something.

the little bits of unionization effort in my industry have come through CWA (Communication Workers of America) and that's probably who i would reach out to if i was trying to unionize my shop. a few years ago when there was a bit of a push to try to unionize the industry, we were trying to talk to some IATSE folks (which organizes a lot of the entertainment industry, for stage and screen productions especially), but there's been more traction coming from CWA.

i don't think there'd be any legal reason stopping us from just forming our union and calling it Cool Orbs Club or whatever, but without the support of one of the larger unions it's probably not gonna go anywhere

Farecoal

There he go
https://youtu.be/_3mw49mk_x0

Chewbecca

i don't think there'd be any legal reason stopping us from just forming our union and calling it Cool Orbs Club or whatever, but without the support of one of the larger unions it's probably not gonna go anywhere

Ahh right, that makes sense. Here there can sometimes be issues of not knowing which union is best, unions being disempowered etc, and fees can be expensive! Casual people (who arguably need union support the most) are least likely to join cos of fees :negative:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
at my job you can form a union but you need your supervisor's approval first lmfao

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sarah Cenia posted:

at my job you can form a union but you need your supervisor's approval first lmfao

wack

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Chewbecca

Sarah Cenia posted:

That's dumb as poo poo lmfao

more falafel please

forums poster

this but unironically

my best friend from high school has been staff at a local public sector hospital for like 15 years so he's AFSCME, which he insists stands for "don't AFSCME for nothin"

more falafel please

forums poster

once again the AFL-CIO proves itself to be kinda useless

Chewbecca

this but unironically

my best friend from high school has been staff at a local public sector hospital for like 15 years so he's AFSCME, which he insists stands for "don't AFSCME for nothin"

lol

Chewbecca

I took a long weekend and came back to a complete loving shitshow ama

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

I took a long weekend and came back to a complete loving shitshow ama

did you get to do anything cool on your weekend?

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

did you get to do anything cool on your weekend?

Saw a bunch of shows at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, including David O'Doherty, Sam Simmons, Sam Campbell, and Sarah Gaul!

Stoner Sloth

oh cool! I like David O'Doherty and Sam Simmons, haven't seen the others but hope they were great!

Ass-penny

:hellyeah: I don't know these comedians but I'm a big fan of comedy generally. sounds fun!

Chewbecca

Yeah baby, talk to me like I'm dumb as poo poo, I like it :heysexy:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I haven't worked since July. I've just been donating plasma to get by but now my funds are drying up and I am going to have to make money somehow. However I don't know if I can ever go back to a 40 hour work week b/c

gently caress A JOB :colbert:

heckin' rad summer sig by Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

what I rlly want is some kind of scheme or caper. how can I make money without getting a jorb BYOB???

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
crime, or pets

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Areola Grande

Dr. Honked posted:

crime, or pets

I was thinking magnets

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

I was thinking magnets

it's a little late to make money on the juggalo rush

Escape From Noise

First day back and the restaurant manager is already giving me a headache.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

First day back and the restaurant manager is already giving me a headache.

how's ur jet lag zombie brain

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

how's ur jet lag zombie brain

It's not too bad but I'm definitely not completely on my game. At least it's a really nice day today

Areola Grande

well at least there's that! hang in there yo

Escape From Noise

Do nothing day so I knocked off early to meet a friend at a beer event.

Escape From Noise

Restaurant manager isn't here but he called to tell me we should bring less types of beer and only a few kegs to an event for some reason. Even though cold storage is provided so it's not like we'll get charged for having more, and it's half an hour away without traffic but yeah, we'll just go get more kegs if we run out. Expert planning!

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

I haven't worked since July. I've just been donating plasma to get by but now my funds are drying up and I am going to have to make money somehow. However I don't know if I can ever go back to a 40 hour work week b/c

gently caress A JOB :colbert:

Going back to full time work after being part-time has hosed my poo poo all the way up, real talk

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Going back to full time work after being part-time has hosed my poo poo all the way up, real talk

ur posts are becoming scant :ferrari:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

in the words of Thom Yorke,

a job that slowly kills you

bruises that won't heal

https://youtu.be/ZVgHPSyEIqk

^^^ just might be the most accurate commute song ever written

E: whoops that quote is from this one if u wanna get even more depressed