Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

The worst aspect of my workplace is that it's necessary.

That's how I feel about my volunteer gig. I love doing it. I hate that we have to.

Food, clothing, shelter and medicine should be free but I won't talk further about that and I would encourage others not to poke the line there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

can't believe i'm actually at work right now, working

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I just had a talk w/ my boss of only five days and told him today is my last day. I feel kind of bad about it but I'm just temping so it's not a huge deal. Anyways I'm still looking forward to my traditional "parking lot moment" later today, which is something I do every time I quit a job.

Walk out of the building, lean against ur car and just look around. Those trees waving in the breeze? Those are urs 2 climb now, at ur leisure, anytime, any day, because u r free now. Those birbs flying overhead? They are ur brethren now.

U told the man 2 shove it and now ur footloose and fancy free. There's nothing I love more in life than quitting a job.

heckin' rad summer sig by Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

I have 3 nights left at this gig, I'm supernumerary for all 3, which is maybe just as well because I'm officially checked out. Filling the next 36 hours of work time without causing or getting in poo poo or dying of boredom is going to be agony. I guess I could read policy manuals to be productive. :suicide:

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

U told the man 2 shove it and now ur footloose and fancy free. There's nothing I love more in life than quitting a job.

Kinda sounds like you're the man now, and your job is quitting jobs. You need to take this to the next level by quitting the job of quitting, thereby sticking it to yourself.

(PS congratulations)

cruft fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 24, 2021

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

Kinda sounds like you're the man now, and your job is quitting jobs. You need to take this to the next level by quitting the job of quitting, thereby sticking it to yourself.

(PS congratulations)

I... I'm the man now dog?!? :abrathink:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I bought one.

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

I bought one.

Oh man I'm gonna be so stoked for you. Quitting a job is the loving BEST

When I eventually quit this job I'm gonna do it zero notice and it's gonna feel fantastic

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I bought one.

Sneppy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm wearing my Sneppy shirt RIGHT NOW

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

Oh man I'm gonna be so stoked for you. Quitting a job is the loving BEST

When I eventually quit this job I'm gonna do it zero notice and it's gonna feel fantastic

gently caress yes do it

Also do not forget to reclaim your time twice a day *taps watch with poop emoji on it*

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

gently caress yes do it

Also do not forget to reclaim your time twice a day *taps watch with poop emoji on it*

Oh I slack off harder than ANYONE already I guarantee you. I play dozens of games of MTG Arena and watch about 5 hours of podcasts on the daily. This is the only reason I haven't quit this job. I get paid a LOT to do relatively little, but MAN I'm getting sick of this horseshit.

Ass-penny

gently caress a job

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

gently caress a job

Ass-penny

ag you quitting that job already? dang that was a short one.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

ag you quitting that job already? dang that was a short one.

yeah I got another jorb offer and it's a sweet one. I'm getting out of the office and onto the road. Blue skies here I come

Finger Prince

Last day!
:dance:
Last day!
:slick:
Last day!
:boom:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Last day!
:dance:
Last day!
:slick:
Last day!
:boom:

Congratulations GET OUTTA THERE HURRY RUN

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

Congratulations GET OUTTA THERE HURRY RUN

Night shift so I gotta go in first!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Night shift so I gotta go in first!

I absolutely know they're being sucks on purpose but it just cements how kick-rear end the new department is going to be once you're done with this shift.

Escape From Noise

Last day is such a cool weird feeling.

cruft

Today I was summoned in to work in order to clean out a storage room we're being forced to move into.

I'm throwing away about $15,000 worth of art supplies because they were abandoned by the art department. We're not allowed to give them to, like, local schools or anything, because of state and federal fraud oversight.

This is just killing me.

loving art department, come get your poo poo! Don't make me do this!

xcheopis

Our director had another health scare (sort of - exhaustion, basically) and is now being very firm about work-life balance THANK GOD. Everyone has been very worried about the number of hours they've been working for over a year and the need to just back away a bit. Spend time with partner and small child. Ignore us bozos; we'll still be here and if it's truly an emergency, then we'll let you know!

Probably still working a stupid number of hours from home but at least that's at home! And stop answering emails at 3:00 am.

The concrete floor is cold; the walls are bare

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Today I was summoned in to work in order to clean out a storage room we're being forced to move into.

I'm throwing away about $15,000 worth of art supplies because they were abandoned by the art department. We're not allowed to give them to, like, local schools or anything, because of state and federal fraud oversight.

This is just killing me.

loving art department, come get your poo poo! Don't make me do this!

Hel o yes I'm the art department

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Our director had another health scare (sort of - exhaustion, basically) and is now being very firm about work-life balance THANK GOD. Everyone has been very worried about the number of hours they've been working for over a year and the need to just back away a bit. Spend time with partner and small child. Ignore us bozos; we'll still be here and if it's truly an emergency, then we'll let you know!

Probably still working a stupid number of hours from home but at least that's at home! And stop answering emails at 3:00 am.

This is great to read.

My team actually unironically yells at each other if we catch somebody working off hours or during vacation. It's an aspect of the team culture I'm really proud of having instituted.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

But how will they be able to micromanage to the quantum level every single aspect of their department, and even other departments? That's what directors do right?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress a job

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

But how will they be able to micromanage to the quantum level every single aspect of their department, and even other departments? That's what directors do right?

Not this one, no!

The concrete floor is cold; the walls are bare

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Not this one, no!

Just mine then...
Not anymore!

cruft

They're turning my office building into open floorplan hell.

Somehow I get to keep my hard office, but all the new cubicles come with a bay of lockers, which feels a lot like a call center to me, not so much like a laboratory.

I think we're gonna get kicked out.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

They're turning my office building into open floorplan hell.

Somehow I get to keep my hard office, but all the new cubicles come with a bay of lockers, which feels a lot like a call center to me, not so much like a laboratory.

I think we're gonna get kicked out.

Research suggests that open plan offices are much better some loving bullshit that probably earned some fuckhead a masters. My research suggests that fucker has never worked in an open plan office and can suck eggs.

more falafel please

forums poster

no they've admitted now that open plan offices are worse in every way except one, it's just that the one way is the only thing your boss cares about (it's cheaper)

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

no they've admitted now that open plan offices are worse in every way except one, it's just that the one way is the only thing your boss cares about (it's cheaper)

Yeah all the studies about boosting collaboration and stuff were all clearly just window dressing for the fact that open plan = more employees per sqft/fewer sqft needed per employee.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Research suggests that open plan offices are much better some loving bullshit that probably earned some fuckhead a masters. My research suggests that fucker has never worked in an open plan office and can suck eggs.

They're actually proven to be detrimental to productivity in literally every field lol

more falafel please posted:

Thisssss

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah all the studies about boosting collaboration and stuff were all clearly just window dressing for the fact that open plan = more employees per sqft/fewer sqft needed per employee.

Yupppp

I had the worst time in the world at my contract at Stupid loving Social Media Place and that is the reason I will never loving do that to anyone if I have any say in it and I absolutely WILL NOT work anywhere that they implement it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I have another interview with Big Monolithic Tech Co What Is Search Engine Name working for my old boss on a team about 9 levels above where we were before, reporting directly to the CEO of our little shell corp. I would have to talk to my wife in a work capacity for only certain things so it's not considered a conflict even though she's a VP so, I may well take it.

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

Also I have another interview with Big Monolithic Tech Co What Is Search Engine Name working for my old boss on a team about 9 levels above where we were before, reporting directly to the CEO of our little shell corp. I would have to talk to my wife in a work capacity for only certain things so it's not considered a conflict even though she's a VP so, I may well take it.

Wow, working for Bing? Fuckin ace!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Wow, working for Bing? Fuckin ace!

Yeah that's me, a Binger

Finger Prince

I imagine working for Microsoft to be exactly as poo poo as working for a megacorp is supposed to be, as opposed to the promised utopia of Silicon Valley giants that is actually somehow worse in practice.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Microsoft actually sucks somehow more than every other place I've worked to the point that I hung up on a recruiter recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

Microsoft actually sucks somehow more than every other place I've worked to the point that I hung up on a recruiter recently

Yeah but it's supposed to, it's work right? Like yeah of course the one with the beer fridge and foosball table and flex time and stuff is better, but then you're left going if this is better why do I hate doing it. At least with Microsoft there's no doubt why you hate it. It's like the difference between like catholic hell and some high concept hell that has you torturing yourself.