Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote IA

did we loving miss deadline anyway?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah we missed deadline. This was a day alright.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Deadline in 48 minutes, join me in voting hum

##vote hum

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh lol nvm

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stop posting

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The body is exhausted from it's fight against the invaders and decided to take the day off.

No one has been executed Day 7

It is now Night 7

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

As the pathogens spread through the brain more tissue is destroyed, causing severe impairment of motor functions and emotion regulation.

apostateCourier, Cerebellum (Body-aligned) has been severely damaged Night 7.

quote:

Cerebellum, Body-aligned

You are a vital brain structure responsible for motor control and emotion regulation. As a neural tissue you will begin the game in the Brain masonry, an unconfirmed masonry with special mechanics. Members of the Brain masonry may at any point ##trust any other members by openly placing the command in the Brain masonry channel. Players may also reverse this decision by using the ##untrust command. Masons with mutual trust will gain a permanent watch on each other, informing them of any player who visits them. The watch remains active until either player breaks the brain trust.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

As it is now day 8 and I feel like people are getting slightly burned out I’m going to reduce day lengths by 24 hours. If anyone objects please let me know.

It is now Day 8.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (9): birdstrike, Idle Amalgam, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, PlasticAutomaton, STONE COLD 64, t a s t e, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2021 at 11 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 17 hours.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fair play, scum

Same as it ever was ##vote toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

At least wait for the plastic report lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It should be just the same as yesterday

Reads over roles 👏🏼

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well as taste said yesterday, we do in fact, have a stealth role of some kind, I've got absolutely nothing to work with.

So does anyone actually buy that theater show that Toalpaz and IA put on yesterday?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm pretty sure scum Toal and scum AI would have murdered each other. It was eventful. I have ideas and I'll post them in the morning, but I don't think AI is scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The fuckery stopping that lynch from coming together confirms its accuracy

No more yarn spinning

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

After that shitshow I'd take either of them at this point but

##vote: Toalpaz

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote toalpaz

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PlasticAutomaton posted:

After that shitshow I'd take either of them at this point but

##vote: Toalpaz

who are you other scum reads?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m probably going to vote IA for messing up more than one self hammer somehow but I’m not in a rush

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
taste talk me out of that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
IA is the correct vote for completely screwing around and ruining the possibility of a kill yesterday ##vote IA a desperate scum play that worked out

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Kashuno posted:

IA is the correct vote for completely screwing around and ruining the possibility of a kill yesterday ##vote IA a desperate scum play that worked out

Toal unvoted me first. Neither of us are scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote hum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think is would self vote there and I know scum ia would have tried to hammer me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hang on i tbink I have a quote saved somewhere that sums up how I feel atm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

quote:

Well now I know, if anyone posts in the thread after being absent for the entire day and says "IM SO CONFUSED" I will say "ITS OKAY SWEET BABY LET ME HOLD YOUR HEAD AND SWADDLE YOU IN THESE BLANKETS, NOW SUCKLE AT MY TEAT AND BE NOURISHED"

Li-Dawny what kind of doula are you! A newborn cpig baby has come into the world confused, and you did nothing!

except I’m cpig and toal is the bad doula I guess

also sucks this was jakep who turned out to be irl scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I want a new doula! ##vote toal

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote toalp

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Toalpaz: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 8
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2021 at 11 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Toalpaz (5): t a s t e, PlasticAutomaton, STONE COLD 64, birdstrike, Voodoofly
Idle Amalgam (1): Kashuno
Mr. Humalong (1): Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (2): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2021 at 11 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The body kicks another organ while it’s down. I guess we’re diabetic now!

Toalpaz, Pancreas (Body-aligned) has been gone into organ failure Day 8.

quote:

Pancreas, Body-aligned

You are an important organ responsible for the production of various hormones. Other than the ability to discuss and vote in thread during the day you have no other powers.

It is now Night 8.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Vital systems everywhere are shutting down, the brain is decimated and even the body’s very skeleton is brittle and weakened.

PlasticAutomaton, Thalamus (Body-aligned) has been been severely damaged Night 8.

quote:

Thalamus, Body-aligned

You are a vital brain structure responsible for relaying sensory signals regulating consciousness, sleep and alertness. As a neural tissue you will begin the game in the Brain masonry, an unconfirmed masonry with special mechanics. Members of the Brain masonry may at any point ##trust any other members by openly placing the command in the Brain masonry channel. Players may also reverse this decision by using the ##untrust command. Masons with mutual trust will gain a permanent watch on each other, informing them of any player who visits them. The watch remains active until either player breaks the brain trust.

Kashuno, Musculoskeletal System (Body-aligned) has been been severely damaged Night 8.

quote:

Musculoskeletal System, Body-aligned

You are the various muscles, tendons and ligaments that control voluntary movement of the body. Other than the ability to discuss and vote in thread during the day you have no other powers.

It is one onslaught too many for the body, the pathogens have infected every cell and tissue, the microbes are victorious!

STONE COLD 64, Spleen (Body-aligned), t a s t e, Renal System (Body-aligned) and Mr. Humalong, Auditory System (Body-aligned) have been endgamed!

quote:

Spleen, Body-aligned

You are an important organ of the lymphatic system, responsible for breaking down old red blood cells and filtering the blood for pathogens. Other than the ability to discuss and vote in thread during the day you have no other powers.

quote:

Renal System, Body-aligned

You are the system responsible for blood filtration and waste elimination. Other than the ability to discuss and vote in thread during the day you have no other powers.

quote:

Auditory System, Body-aligned

You are the various structures responsible for detecting and relating auditory signals to the brain. Other than the ability to discuss and vote in thread during the day you have no other powers.

Idle Amalgam, Malignant Tumour (Pathogen-aligned), birdstrike, Bacteria (Pathogen-aligned) and Voodoofly, Protist (Pathogen-aligned) have survived to endgame and achieved a Pathogen victory!

quote:

Malignant Tumour, Pathogen-aligned

You are cancerous tumour formed from a large group of mutated body cells. Because of your origin you have successfully tricked the immune system and will always investigate as Body-aligned. In addition you will not be seen when performing the factional night kill.

You win when Pathogens completely control the vote.

quote:

Bacteria, Pathogen-aligned

You are a prokaryotic life form that sustains itself on host nutrients. Once per night you may use one of the following abilities:

Release toxins- Choose one player to target, they will be hit by a cluster of damaging bacterial toxins, blocking them from performing any night actions.

Secrete biofilm- Secrete a mix of bacterial compounds that form a protective layer around your colony, biofilms improve your defences against immune system attack, granting you bulletproof while the biofilm is up. In addition quorum sensing within your colony is improved making you more deadly, if you perform the factional night kill while the biofilm is up your attack will go through one layer of protection (i.e doc/bp), however, breaching through any protection will degrade the biofilm immediately. If the biofilm successfully blocks an attack it will also be immediately degraded.

quote:

Protist, Pathogen-aligned

You are an intracellular parasite, you have a complex life cycle that involves invading and feeding on many types of body tissues. You have the following ability:

Penetrate- If you perform the factional night kill you will instead invade the target player. While in this state any actions, including the lunch, directed at you will instead hit your host. Your host however may still target you and will begin to present pathogen antigens (they will investigate as Pathogen-aligned). Once successfully inside a host you will begin multiplying, and each successive night will attempt to rupture and kill them, the odds of successfully doing this begin at only 25% but will increase by a further 25% each consecutive night. Rupturing a host will give you one Protist Charge, allowing you to then infect an additional player on your next Penetrate. Charges stack with each kill making you incredibly powerful over time. If one of your hosts dies you will lose one Protist Charge, if you do not have a charge to lose then you will instead die. If at any point you are not infecting the maximum number of hosts, actions targeted at you will still hit you in addition to any hosts you may have.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why would any of you not vote IA there lmfao what the hell

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GG scums!!!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am so heated about that last game day

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Kashuno posted:

Why would any of you not vote IA there lmfao what the hell

Lmao good game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lmao good game.

God that was SUCH a good scumplay by you lmao I am so mad it worked

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It was a great execution

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

t a s t e posted:

It was a great execution

Mislunching is epic, I do it every day and I intend to commit mislunches in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Good game all and especially to my awesome scum buds.

Also sorry I was MIA for a few days. Did really have some real life poo poo being slammed at work and also figuring out how to deal with horrible people that really did shake me for a few days, and then having to cram for my test yesterday.

Also plastic I really hope you keep playing. You were a blast and pretty spot on most of the game.