Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


T.K.: You look at Ariana. She gave up, but only temporarily. She's trying to fight for independence - even if Winthrop is fighting back to keep her down. Being a stranger who came into town recently is hard enough and now she's being targeted by people like Billy. But you can tell she's trying to solve these problems on her own. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 4 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions:

Ariana... independent, strong, in over her head in the beast known as Winthrop. She's alone here... even more so than me. She's never fit in here and people like Billy are sure to make sure it stays that way. Not that she knows how to rely on anybody.
She's a lot like me, in that way. Only, I can rely on...


Ariana shakes me from the vision, snapping her fingers like a snare of clarity. I blink my eyes. "Uh... yeah, fine enough. You..." I pause, surveying the mess of first aid kit unpacking on the desk next to me. "...You're used to this, huh," I finish with a chuckle. I take a brief look out the window... parking lot's pretty much empty and the goons are probably halfway to their halfway home by now.

"We should get out of here before the janitors sweep through and see the mess." I pause, considering her predicament. Alone. "My house is pretty close to here and my mom's out of town for a while. You wanna go there and finish patching up?" I pause again, remembering everything today before this dust-up. "Oh gently caress... the party..."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 2 | Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Oh good he's not completely out of it. And then he hits me with something that nearly floors me. Metaphorically speaking this time. You're used to this right? Such a simple little phrase but he cut to the heart of it. Yeah I'm used to being beaten down and having to pick myself back up again. This isn't the worst beating I've ever endured but it's certainly one of the more humiliating ones. And I'm tired and I'm alone , and he's offering me a hand up. He might be a better person than I gave him credit for. He's certainly the most helpful person I've met in this dump.

"I'd be happy too" I said at his invite. "I-" and then he added the bit about the party. "oh yeah, I forgot about that." I added "I had promised Eve that I was going to.. you know what never mind. Screw her. Oh and T.K you really didn't need to get involved but thanks."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 4 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions:

She accepts, a bit more readily than I would have expected, but then again she does look like she's about to pass out and need a trip to the ER. I give her a nod at the thanks. "Yeah, well you did get me out of having to re-take History. Plus... I hate guys like Billy. Ends up in a trailer home he paid for by selling Vicodin, but does a lot of damage on his way out."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Time passes. Everyone sets things up, and soon the party is starting.

It's a new scene, so highlights refresh

---------------

Alanis: The dinner with the family is...well, it's nice and awkward at the same time. Your family is talking with each other, but your grandfather is eating silently, looking at Sammuel the whole time. Your cousin is trying to pretend like he doesn't notice, but he does. You saw your father talking to Grandfather and things seem fine between them, so you figure you'll be able to head to the party soon enough.

But then your grandfather turns to you. "What kind of person is this child who is carrying Sammuel's child?" There's silence at the table and everyone pauses eating. Well, some of the less socially adapt members go on ahead, but the attention is on you. "We cannot allow even a half-breed Winthrop to remain among humans. Surely she can't be a good caretaker for a child?" He stares you down. "Do you know anything incriminating about her? Or maybe you could find someone who does at this..." he scoffs. "Social gathering you wish to attend to?" If you say yes, you'll be able to leave right away. But do you want to do this? What do you do?

T.K.: What did you tell Joanna when she arrived and saw the state you and Ariana were in? She takes you two the the party and looks over you two when she thinks you're not looking. As you arrive, she clears her throat and waits for Ariana to leave, and you realize she's probably going to start talking to you. What do you do?

Ariana: You get a couple of messeges from Eve

quote:

get back to me soon :)

quote:

phone off? just shoot a message no prob

quote:

u okay

And there's some voicemails. You're arriving at the house, and you know Eve is probably going to find you once she realizes you're at the party. What do you do?

Marko: Maria waves and greets you with a hug. "Hey Marko!" But behind her, you see Chad Matthews notice this and step forward with a smirk on his face.

"This your girl?" He looks her over. "I suppose I could see it, she's kind of bland too. Honestly thought you'd be out of the closet by now though." He looks at you, daring you to try and do something in Jeremiah's house. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 4 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: PARTY!


Oh this loving guy. Last time I had anything close to resembling a conversation with Chad it was trying to get him to back off of bullying TK. My anti-bullying skills were...less refined at the time so it didn't really go anywhere. Having said that, I'd honestly just ignore him this time with how lame his insults are. But then he also went after Maria and I can't let that stand.

Still can't cause a scene at the party though...

I felt a growl rise in my throat a bit, but having Maria near me made it easier to push it down. I flash her smile. "I'll take care of this, babe. Just go ahead and grab some drinks."

Still smiling I go over to Chad, put an arm around his shoulder, and start walking him away from Maria. I held a pretty firm grip, although nowhere near the claws-in-the-flesh one I had on Bobby earlier.

"Look Chad, I'm sure you can see the speakers and the tables around here and all the furniture missing, right? I did all that. Meaning I'm on good terms with Jeremiah, the guy who owns this place and this party."

I stop him, just about 30 or so feet from Maria. "So I'll tell you what: tonight you stay this far away from the two of us, and I won't tell Jeremiah you're causing trouble here. Especially since he might ask me to throw you out."

Now my grip turns hard and I dig my fingers into his shoulder. "You don't want that."

quote:

manipulate Chad
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (6 3)]

Marking Exp for Rolling Hot
At 5 Exp, gained an Advancement!
Adding 1 to Hot

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 5 | Location: Party Zone | Conditions:

Well... that suuuuucked.

The look on Joanna's face. The fact that I forgot she was coming over. Ariana having no warning of what she was walking into. I'd fight with Billy a million times before having to go through that again.

But it's over now, I nod quietly to myself. I flip the ancient mp3 player in my hand over with my thumb, eager to wheel up the volume but knowing I shouldn't. So for now, it's barely audible, just a whisper that I'm hoping to catch some of him through.

I'm tired of chasing after you
The residue is jealous,
See me on the dark side of your mind,
To a club that's pounding in the London rain,
The world could end and we won't hear it.
I know just what's on your mind,

I see the way your face has changed,
We're no good for each other


I wave at Ariana as she takes off, her phone's been blowing up all afternoon and she's probably got some bigger fish to fry than hanging out with me. Still, it was nice spending some time together and getting to know her a little bit better. At least my back hurts a lot less thanks to the painkillers. She disappears quickly into the crowd.

Which leaves me with Joanna. I cough awkwardly, then turn to her slowly. That look on her face tells me exactly what she's thinking. "Look, Joanna, like I said earlier, Billy attacked Ariana and I defended her. Nothing happened. She just needed some fresh air."

Wait a minute. I shake my head, "And... we're not together. I said I'm coming to the party to make some new friends. I appreciate the ride. And the dinner that you brought. That we ended up sharing with Ariana. And we can hang out for a.... for a little bit, okay? But we... are friends." I realize at this point that I'm waving my hands around wildly and stow them by my sides. Dear Satan, I hope that got through to her.

Something tells me it didn't.

quote:

turn on Joanna
# 11
Details:[2d6 # (6 5)]

marking experience and advancing!
+1 Cold from here on
String on Joanna!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 1| Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Party

Well that was quite possibly the most awkward moment of my admittedly short life. Joanna walking in and seeing me and TK laughing about something and the look on her face. Meanwhile my phone would not stop ringing so I had to turn it off. Picking at a meal obviously intended to be shared between the two of them and being the increasingly uncomfortable third wheel in whatever is going on between them. Are they together or something? I must have missed it. It was almost a relief when she dropped us off at the party and I was able to separate myself from them. I hoped I hadn't made things worse for them.

Sliding into a corner I pulled up my phone. Crap, crap, crap. What with all that I'd totally forgotten about Eve and fired off a quick text to her.

quote:

Sorry something major happened. Ended up catching a ride to the party with T.K. I'll explain later.

I'd have to apologise to her properly in person of course but hopefully I could put that off till later. Right now I had a party to enjoy, it was strange being at one without some ulterior motive or goal in mind. I was actually at something of a loss. I suppose a drink wouldn't go amiss..

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko Chad looks kind of thrown off that you aren't responding to his bait. "Yeah, well...I guess if you can't handle things without running to a grownup, I'll leave you two be." He tries to walk off as if he got the upper hand here, heading somewhere he can hang out with his friends and not bump into you again.

Maria grins. "See? Looks like things are going well for you." She looks around and pulls up her phone to check the time. Meanwhile you notice Ariana Wallace heading into the party, but she's busted up. Looks like something happened after school and it doesn't take much to figure it was most likely Billy Baggs. What do you do?

T.K.: Joanna looks down at the steering wheel as you speak. You're not sure what she's thinking but you can't help but notice she holding onto it tightly. But...when you talk about how you defended Ariana she relaxes her grip. She looks surprised when you emphasis being friends, and looks at your face for the first time.

"Oh! Of course! Of course we are, T.K.!" She smiles. "I know you have a hard time fitting in with others and I just wanted to make sure you didn't stay at home by yourself." She takes your hand. "I think it was very brave of you to stand up for someone being attacked. I am the daughter of the priest you know, I know what it's like to recognize your duty to your fellow man." She looks at you, and you know she wants to be more then friends. "Let's go inside and have some fun, right friend?" What do you do?

Ariana: You see Chad and Marko chatting, and although it seems a bit hostile it's Chad who is the one trying to leave the conversation as quickly as he can. What do you make of that? There's some coolers near Mark if you're interested in having an excuse to see what's up with him. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: PARTY!

I just make a casual no-big-deal kind of shrug at Maria's comment. "What can I say? I promised to be a good boy, didn't I?"

Suddenly a single sniff of the air and I picked up a familiar and ugly scent. Amongst all the perfume, cologne, beer burps, and sweat from all the partygoers there was one smell that stood out from them: faint, coppery, dry...

Blood. Not fresh but barely a day old, I think. The smell of it creates a brief pang of hunger in my stomach but it's easily suppressed.

So yeah, apparently I'm Wolverine now amongst all this other weird poo poo my body is going through in that I can pick out specific things by scent...blood most of all. Yeah I know that's not exactly a normal thing a teenage boy does but...look, I don't have an explanation for it right now okay?

A quick scan of the party and my eyes set on Ariana. Even from a distance, something in my mind tells me she's hurt. Or was hurt. But the scent of blood is definitely coming from her.

We didn't exactly have the warmest conversation this morning but maybe I can try to make things up?

"Hey Maria, I'll be right back," I say to her before grabbing a couple of beer bottles from a nearby cooler and making my way to Ariana.

"Hey," I say to her before popping the cap off a bottle with my bare thumb (because I'm awesome) and handing it to her. "Something tells me you can use one of these right now."

quote:

turn on Ariana
# 7
Details:[2d6+2 # (1 4)]

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 0 | Location: Party Zone | Conditions:

God, it's like talking to a literal cinder block. At this point, all I can do is shake my head, "Yeah.... friends..." I blink and kick open the car door, jetting towards the house party as fast as I can, Joanna stuck tight in my wake. I hit the party then hit the bar, grabbing a cup of mystery juice (very Jeremiah) and pass one to Joanna, not bothering to check if she wants it. "I, uh, gotta pee," I say to her over the music, then slither my way through the crowd to a thankfully empty bathroom - too early in the party to have a line.

I slam the door and lock it behind me, then crank up the volume on my mp3 player.

Hand over my mouth I'm earning the right to my silence
In quiet discerning between ego and timing
Good judgement is once again proving to me that it's
Still worth it's weight in gold

So from now on I'm gonna be so much more wary
When you start to speak and my warm blood starts to boil
That seeing you is like pulling teeth
And hearing your voice is like chewing tin foil


Talk to me. Talk to me. Talk to me! I loving need you, please, tell me something, anything. RUSS!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 1| Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Party

Hmm I don't know what the two of them were talking about but I can tell they didn't exactly part on the most glowing terms. And Chad almost looked like he was scared. What had Marko said to him? I suppose it's none of my business but it's fun to speculate especially when I didn't have anything better to do. Maybe they'd had a fight or something who knows? I'd been so busy daydreaming that'd I'd somehow missed him sneaking up on me. I almost jumped out of my skin until he handed me a beer. There was something about the way he moved with that almost predatory grace that was almost.. enticing And the trick he did with the beer was impressive. "Yeah it's been a day." I said refusing to elaborate. Billy was my problem, and I wasn't going to bitch about it. Taking a big swig of the delightfully cold beer I turned to him and said, "Thanks I needed that." I said. "I hope you've had a better day than I have." I added as I frowned at my reflection in the beer bottle. My hair was a mess I noted and I ran my fingers through it trying to straighten it a little, "So satisfy a girls curiosity what were you and Chad talking about?" I asked as I finally managed to manipulate into something resembling normality.

giving Marko a string on me.

quote:

turn on Marko
# 11
Details:[2d6 # (5 6)]

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: PARTY!

quote:

+1 Exp for rolling Hot previous roll

"My day hasn't been too bad, surprisingly." I take a sip from my beer and watch Ariana try to fix her hair using her bottle to help. I know she's hurt but she's playing it off cool. Still, quite a different image from the haughty girl that blew me off this morning and nearly hosed up my entire day.

Although...most of that wasn't her fault. And some of it was mine, honestly.

Watching her try to straighten her hair shot a brief image in my mind of what she would look like if her hair was actually a little more messier. And the sweat glistening on her face from the Georgia heat and party humidity was just a little heavier. And her clothes

"Mm." I give my head a quick shake to get the image out. Down boy.

quote:

Marko gives 1 string to Ariana

Like coming out of a haze I manage to piece together the question she just asked me. "Yeah. Chad. Just on his usual bullshit of not liking that everyone doesn't like him so he makes them dislike him even more. Told him I was basically the party bouncer and to gently caress off from me and Maria."

I take another sip and couldn't help but smirk at Ariana. "Self-appointed party bouncer, that is, but that's a secret between us. Sooo..."

I step a bit closer to her and lower my voice a tad. "If you need some trash taken out you can talk to me about it."

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 2| Conditions:| Location: Outside class

Dinner's going well, if a bit awkward, considering the company and the fact it's the first time we've eaten as a family in a while. Honestly, it was nice to have a meal with everyone without the constant venom spitting around- sometimes literally.

Then Grandfather decided to open his mouth, and my meal went ashen in my mouth. I set my fork and knife down and paused for a second while I looked at my plate.

"I don't know Danielle super well, but she's honestly one my less problematic peers. That being said, she's a 17 year old pregnant teen in a podunk town in the middle of nowhere. It's not like she has a support network outside of a couple friends and her family. But incriminating? I've never heard anything, aside from her poor judge of character." I shoot a glare at Sammuel- ok, I'll grant that some of that venom might have come from me.

I try to rein in my temper a bit. Grandfather won't have it, and maybe extending an olive branch in this case.

"I guess I can talk to her, but maybe if you weren't such a stubborn prick about all this we could have resolved this a lot earlier and with a lot more grace and certainty than trying to make backroom dealing with loving teenagers like we're trapped in some terrible mafioso movie."

Well that's that olive tree burned, I think as I bite my tongue hard as the words slip out of my mouth- obviously controlling my temper didn't work as well as I thought it did.

quote:

Manipulate Grandfather
"# 4
Details:[2d6+2 # (1 1)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


T.K.: You hear the music all around you, and then the sensation of Russ being nearby comes to you. There's a moment of silence, as if he's thinking on something.

"Yes...I can help you with this problem of yours. When you wish for this party to end, bring her alone to the barn nearby. I'll make the rest happen." What do you do?

Alanis: Grandfather glares at you in anger at your words, and you realize he's about to strike back at you. "You seem to be sympathetic to this foolish human girl. But perhaps you are right. We shouldn't involve your peers in family matters. So don't worry about it. We will acquire some illegal substances and you'll put them in her home. When the police learn about what a criminal misfit she is, I'm sure this Danielle will be declared unsuitable for motherhood and the child will go to the family better equipped to take care of it."

There's silence while he watches to see what you do, along with the rest of the family not wanting to break the silence in fear of angering him. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 1| Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Party

I turned intending to snap at him, and tell him that I could handle my own trash and I didn't need anyone's help. But where would that get me? Besides he was only trying to help, he didn't know I'd been humiliated by that creep Billy. "Hopefully not" I sighed. Although a part of me would enjoy see Billy trying to pick on someone his own size. But my problems were my problems it wasn't fair to inflict them on anyone else. "So you and Maria are a thing then?" I asked changing the subject. Honestly they didn't strike me as a particularly close couple, Maybe they'd had a falling out over something I dunno. But if he was available well I could do worse. Come to think about it compared to some of the people I'd dated in past lives I could do a lot worse.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: PARTY!


Yeah, I should've guessed she'd avoid the subject. Even though she's clearly been roughed up. I'm not sure why she's so stubborn about that rear end in a top hat Billy, but I won't press on it for now.

Maybe I can just keep an eye out for her instead...without her knowing of course.

The subject of me and Maria came up and I take a quick sip of my beer to buy some time to get my thoughts together. The easy answer would be to just say yes and move on but I'm pretty sure that'll screw up whatever chance I have with Ariana. On the other hand, I don't know Ariana as well as Dani and she could end up telling other people Maria's gay. On the other other hand she apparently keeps to herself anyway sooo...maybe it's okay? I don't know...morally, this is pretty hosed up to begin with. I have to tell a lie to protect a friend knowing it'll gently caress up my social life, while telling the truth is somehow the wrong thing to--ah, gently caress it.

"It's complicated between us," I finally answer. "Like we're dating and stuff, but we're also open to seeing other people. Experimenting and whatnot. We're usually quiet about it because...y'know, people in Winthrop loving suck and they wouldn't understand."

Ok. Here we go.

"How about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 0 | Location: Party Zone | Conditions:

I pause cold as Russ finally speaks. It's been only a few hours, but it feels like weeks without his calming voice in the background. I can feel the knot of tension unwind itself within me, a sigh of relief that extends up through my body. I'm not alone.

My vision suddenly sharpens, the room stops spinning as everything feels more in focus. The cool sink being gripped by my hands, the thumps and beats coming through the door. The world feels right again.

Wonder why I'm so caught of guard when we kiss.
Rather live my life in regret then do this.
What happened to the love we both knew?
We both chased.
Hanging on a cigarette you need me,
you burn me you'll burn me.


Staring at myself in the mirror, I nod. A plan. A way out. Russ has my back, has always had my back. "Tonight. Barn. Got it," I chant under my breath, barely audible over the music. I splash some water on my face, then head back out through the door. If Joanna stays out of my way, then nothing bad happens to her. But if she crosses me, well, then she crosses him. Her own drat fault. All of it.

I bust out the door and survey the battlefield. A mob has formed around the speakers, swaying and sweating profusely to some lovely pop music. I tick up my own jams a notch. Elsewhere, drinking games, makeout sessions, even some actual conversations. No Alanis. gently caress. I grab a mixed drink laying abandoned on a nearby coffee table, then head over to Ariana, hanging out with Marko in the corner. At least I can hopefully wait out the time until she gets here by spending time with people that actually don't suck. I nod to them as I approach, "Sup?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply