Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Problem description: The computer has been running with no problems. I upgraded the graphics card a month or so ago with no issues. Yesterday I decided to use O&O ShutUp10 to reduce windows telemetry, set a system restore point and didn't do anything too radical but shortly afterwards I lost wireless internet. Used the restore point. The computer bluescreened twice after that.

Subsequently I could get the computer into UEFI/BIOS but it wouldn't produce a visible display. I tried with the integrated graphics and it does work. In Device Manager the GPU was only visible in hidden devices.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem? Uninstalled the GPU, rebooted in safe mode, ran DDU, tried to reinstall GPU - the GPU is no longer detected at all. It lights up and the fans spin occasionally. Replaced the 3070 with a 1070ti, no improvement. The 3070 was quite hot when I took it out.

I've tried to do a Windows reset but it errors and says it cannot reset.

Recent changes: I used O&O ShutUp10 to try and reduce windows telemetry.

Operating system: Win 10 Pro

System specs:
Cryorig C7 (4.70cm) (5682045)
Intel Core i7-8700 (LGA 1151, 3.20GHz)
AsRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac (LGA 1151, Intel Z370, Mini ITX)
Samsung 970 EVO (1000GB, M.2 2280)
Kingston HyperX Fury (2x, 8GB, DDR4-3466, DIMM 288)
Corsair SF600 Platinum (600W)

I've tried both my EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming - 8GB and my MSI GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G

The case is a DAN-A4 SFX so the GPU is connected via a riser cable.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

With both the wifi and GPU issues I'm thinking maybe a motherboard issue? PSU? How can I tell?

e: reinstalled windows and no improvement

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

JFC I've managed to get the GPU back after doing a BIOS reset. What a pain in the rear end. What happened there???

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

JFC I've managed to get the GPU back after doing a BIOS reset. What a pain in the rear end. What happened there???

Maybe O&O ShutUp10 really screwed something up.

If the problem shows up again I'd say use onboard video and make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Zogo posted:

Maybe O&O ShutUp10 really screwed something up.

If the problem shows up again I'd say use onboard video and make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

Thanks, yeah looked that way. I have the 3070 back in now and everything is running well. I had a worrying time for a bit when I thought I'd managed to fry my gpu.