Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
:monocle:

Only fair in the sense I could see how that is suspicious, but I'm not scum, lucky for you all. I'd be interested to know specifically why bif thinks I'm scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

:monocle:

Only fair in the sense I could see how that is suspicious, but I'm not scum, lucky for you all. I'd be interested to know specifically why bif thinks I'm scum.

I am still reading along but I refuse to effort post until later. I'll just say my vote is not an especially confident one but it is serious

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw

folks, how much do you like this song?

I, for one, hate it!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It'd be good to get some more people in here, we're getting closer to deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I have no strong reads other than town ones. I think that Somber, IA, and Solus are town.

I suspect squiggles is town.

Looking at the players, maybe mae and rf ?????

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Toalpaz posted:

I have no strong reads other than town ones. I think that Somber, IA, and Solus are town.

I suspect squiggles is town.

Looking at the players, maybe mae and rf ?????

Maer was someone I was looking at earlier. Their “don’t ever trust toalp” post sort of made me back off but I’ll probably look at her again.

Despite my joke post above I actually thought solus swoop in to defend IA was somewhat suspect. Still like to hear them answer you about who they think is scum.

All this will probably wait until tomorrow though. I just won thunder dome this week so I’m going to keep walking around the house babbling to myself at how the hell that story won, but more importantly try to get a prompt up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Oh poo poo got the gang tag already. Might as well throw Calvin back up since I promised myself I’d keep playing losertar until I had a win or 3 HMs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the only other read i have is that merk's nonchalance bugs me. i don't see the point in going down the merk fear rabbit hole day one, especially when IA seems content to let this happen(?)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good Job Voodoo!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

All this will probably wait until tomorrow though. I just won thunder dome this week so I’m going to keep walking around the house babbling to myself at how the hell that story won, but more importantly try to get a prompt up.

Holy poo poo that's awesome, congrats!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'll ##vote IA due to the mixup in his post but also I'd like to see if this is true:

b-minus1 posted:

It’s spooky because ia is town

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Congrats Voodoo! Gonna go hunt down that story now...

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

the only other read i have is that merk's nonchalance bugs me. i don't see the point in going down the merk fear rabbit hole day one, especially when IA seems content to let this happen(?)

IA's self vote pinged me because he's done that as scum before (if I'm remembering correctly) when he feels like the writing is on the wall.

Merk is being nonchalant but it's too early to expect anything serious out of him, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok now why DID I think IA was scum I don't even remember

Ah right it was this

Toalpaz posted:

I agree with this, but I will reluctantly vote for Squiggles if Bif does.

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote
##vote toal

Too easy.

You don't have a real opinion on this. You say it's bad, but put your faith in another player's vote as a way of escaping culpability.

I dont want to turbo squiggles because he failed to get high and post or he got so high he didn't post, I do want to look at people who look artificial about committing to a jokephase vote.

Maerlyn seems genuine with their interpretation, but toal is a vet and that hemming and hawing seems fabricated.

I mean Toal's post prolly was "fabricated", in the same way even a lot of my townie posts are still "performative" - it was making a sarcastic joke, I assume. Maerlyn bit too but I expect that, this felt more like trying to jump at a low hanging fruit way too fast.

And then IA followed up with some self pity posts too.

This is all pretty weak suspicion though that pinged me while I was skimming along. Don't exactly want to round up the torches and pitchforks over it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Not self pity posts, realized I had confused players posts lol. Kind of a big thing!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I am reborn!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

gently caress yeah, congrats Voodoo. :D

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

I am reborn!

Oh thank god

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways we have like. 9 hours left so it's about time to start making a decision

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also need to make another post or two to avoid lurker warning because what the gently caress is day 1.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also Toal having nothing but town reads at this point with this little activity is a bit weird.

##vote: Toalpaz

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Idle Amalgam (4): Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Bifauxnen, merk, Maerlyn
Voodoofly (1): Toalpaz
Squiggly (1): Somberbrero, b-minus1, b-minus1, b-minus1, Idle Amalgam, merk, Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, merk
Toalpaz (1): Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton
SolusLunes (0): Toalpaz, b-minus1, b-minus1, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (6): Idle Amalgam, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Squiggly, Voodoofly

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 23rd, 2021 at 10 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 8 hours, 36 minutes.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also Toal having nothing but town reads at this point with this little activity is a bit weird.

Agreed- plus their willingness to vote Squiggles (who wasn't even who IA was trying to semi-jokevote) IF bif does.

Getting weird pings from somber too, but I will not vote IA (and will vote toal after I'm on a real computer so I don't have to format a vote on phone)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

[quote="PlasticAutomaton" post="519467178"]

[/quote

wait I can just do this

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote solus

I still think the IA defense felt forced, but toalp also said they were suspect of maer and RF. They also asked you who you thought was scum when you just had a town read on IA, so coming back to vote them for “having only town reads” without even acknowledging that feels like you are just looking for a person to vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll do my bit to not die ##vote ia

Notice solus making the same read of tone as ia tho?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I haven't read much of anything and am going to be on the road for awhile here shortly. Likely won't be around for deadline. Likely won't do much before deadline.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry I have not been following along very well and have no thoughts at all in my big ol head. I'll vote whoever the vote leader is closer to deadline I guess

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Maerlyn posted:

I'll ##vote IA due to the mixup in his post but also I'd like to see if this is true:

I feel like a lot of people are just phoning in votes here, but I also feel like there isn't much I could reasonably do here to prove innocence. I don't even have any good reads of anyone.

I suppose this strikes me as odd:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I don't see why having nothing but town reads in a fairly quiet day 1 is out of the ordinary. This indicates that you yourself had a strong read of someone prior to voting toal, and I don't think there's much in your post history to actually support that position.

Toal's survival vote also looks bad imo since they weren't ever really in danger?:

Toalpaz posted:

I'll do my bit to not die ##vote ia

Notice solus making the same read of tone as ia tho?

So now I feel like I'm being set up, and scum has to be on my vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IA, you're just too charming. Here we gooooo

##vote solus

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Okay I hear you all so following those concerns:

b-minus1 posted:

It’s spooky because ia is town

Presumably his vote on me is a joke vote, but if it isn't it's lazy and dumb. He called IA town but didn't really push anyone else. If he thinks I'm scum he should push me harder and hasn't.

I wanted to see if he'd respond again to the thread before I raised these concerns but everyone seems to be ignoring him and I'm gonna push the issue here

##vote b-

I could see myself voting toal. I have some reluctance voting IA because I too have made genuine reading mistakes and died for them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

Checks out. I told you guys ia was town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh yeah I’m getting major scum pings from plastic

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Idle Amalgam posted:

I've also had plastic in the back of my mind. If you die (and flip town) I will avenge you :black101:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Oh yeah I’m getting major scum pings from plastic

I don’t like plastics vote on Toalp but I think solus’ is worse.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

loving hell I thought this was my post and was about to say I don’t think toalp is scum not sure how that got in there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Squiggly posted:

Okay I hear you all so following those concerns:

Presumably his vote on me is a joke vote, but if it isn't it's lazy and dumb. He called IA town but didn't really push anyone else. If he thinks I'm scum he should push me harder and hasn't.

I wanted to see if he'd respond again to the thread before I raised these concerns but everyone seems to be ignoring him and I'm gonna push the issue here

##vote b-

I could see myself voting toal. I have some reluctance voting IA because I too have made genuine reading mistakes and died for them

This stands out to me as a good point. I don't see the merit in voting IA any longer with his claim. Very busy day so I'll be few and far between probably

##vote b-minus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What are these trash votes gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac