Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

1. e4

but seriously! you still roller derbin’?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

1. e4 g5

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

1. e4

but seriously! you still roller derbin’?

the pandemic unsurprisingly wiped out a lot of the scene, and while some folks here are trying to get my league back up i haven't rejoined. i may still at some point, but it's looking less and less likely. it's bittersweet tbh.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

app is in the app store(since last night)

touchin fish till my black friday on call shift.

congrats! I spammed F5 on crashlytics for way too long last time we went live lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quiggy posted:

the pandemic unsurprisingly wiped out a lot of the scene, and while some folks here are trying to get my league back up i haven't rejoined. i may still at some point, but it's looking less and less likely. it's bittersweet tbh.

ah, that sucks. i preemptively retired from rugby in 2019 but the team/league did survive

i hope you get to strap the skates back on at some point!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
daddy’s scrummies

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

congrats! I spammed F5 on crashlytics for way too long last time we went live lol

everything is behind feature flags so i will turn off the whole loving app if i have to.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
quiggy is cool and good

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this is the part where you quote jonny and tell him to go gently caress himself quiggy. it is the way things are done these days.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have no tolerance for shenanigans like that any more. i come here to hang out with Friends. it's like myspace but i can't inject malicious javascript

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

daddy’s scrummies

0 blockers: no scrummies for you

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fins posted:

i mean, look at this poo poo

img-god i wish that were me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

I have no tolerance for shenanigans like that any more. i come here to hang out with Friends. it's like myspace but i can't inject malicious javascript

if u come to shenzhen this weekend ill buy you a beer jonny

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

this is the part where you quote jonny and tell him to go gently caress himself quiggy. it is the way things are done these days.

make me binch

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quiggy posted:

make me binch

wow, rude!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

if u come to shenzhen this weekend ill buy you a beer jonny

Thanks. I'll text you

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jonny is also good

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Twitter dying brought back the good posters

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

born on a buy you posted:

then why are you here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
aww thanks! we have missed you but also understand that this place is bad for the Soul.

i work for a tiny startup now and quit drinking and am trying to be a kinder and more positive person. except if im talking about billionaire twitter owners.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if only 1% of twitter refugees register on sa… our poster base will increase by 10,000%. and that’s just 1%

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i need to just commit and go to china one of these days. i have historically done basically no private travel, as work in various forms has sent me all over the world. never made it to china though, and feels like such a central place in the modern world. plus im pessimistically prepared that travelling there could get messier from here for any number of incredibly dumb reasons.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

aww thanks! we have missed you but also understand that this place is bad for the Soul.

i work for a tiny startup now and quit drinking and am trying to be a kinder and more positive person. except if im talking about billionaire twitter owners.

kinda same tbh, i realized that oldjob might've paid well and been capital-I Important but it was also doing a number on my anxiety and overall mental health. two mental health professionals suggested in the same week that i swap out alcohol for weed so i've largely done that, and now i make a silly and happy video game instead of java servers and it's much better :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

good vibes yospos thx

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i need to just commit and go to china one of these days. i have historically done basically no private travel, as work in various forms has sent me all over the world. never made it to china though, and feels like such a central place in the modern world. plus im pessimistically prepared that travelling there could get messier from here for any number of incredibly dumb reasons.

wish you’d commit to going back to gbs!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if u come through shenzhen let me know. offer valid for most yosposters

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cls: shaved my head after letting it grow out. forgot how cold this was

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

born on a buy you posted:

i was always here, you just never bothered to look

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hbag posted:

i was always here, you just never bothered to look

we don’t have to

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

if u come through shenzhen let me know. offer valid for most yosposters

meet me in japan in 2024?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

wish you’d commit to going back to gbs!!

more like commit-and-quit

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I really want to go to Suzhou and see all the gardens and stuff

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vintersorg posted:

meet me in japan in 2024?

idk if you realize this but japan is pretty far away from me lol. why are you planning a trip there two years out

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fortaleza posted:

I really want to go to Suzhou and see all the gardens and stuff

me too although i hear mixed things

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

idk if you realize this but japan is pretty far away from me lol. why are you planning a trip there two years out

haha, it kinda is, eh? 4 hours at least to tokyo!

but planning on 2024 as we're gonna save up during 2023 and plan things out then find a good date in 2024. going with wife, sister inlaw and her fiance.

i want to get a lot of things that i cant get here

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vintersorg posted:

haha, it kinda is, eh? 4 hours at least to tokyo!

but planning on 2024 as we're gonna save up during 2023 and plan things out then find a good date in 2024. going with wife, sister inlaw and her fiance.

i want to get a lot of things that i cant get here

name 3 things

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Got a new beard balm and it smells lovely. It's Bay Rum and it's mostly a menthol-y scent with a spicy bay note. Not much "rum" but I'm not sure smelling like I spilled rum AND vodka all over myself just wouldn't add anything.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

name 3 things

1) godzilla store doesn't ship a lot of things out so i may go nuts there
2) i want to get an OG famicom and a couple games to display it with so i know they have a ton of used markets
3) anime statues jk
3a) whatever other trinkets catch my eye

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

no kei truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

1) godzilla store doesn't ship a lot of things out so i may go nuts there
2) i want to get an OG famicom and a couple games to display it with so i know they have a ton of used markets
3) anime statues jk
3a) whatever other trinkets catch my eye

i for one support the ban on anime