Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are multivitamins a scam?
Yes
No
Goku (who notably does not take a multivitamin)
View Results

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

HAmbONE posted:

Science/medical goons: I have failed to find a machine that I can pee in, on, or around that would tell me what’s my urine vitamin count. Would this fall into spectrography?
It's called your mouth. Sometimes science can't replace the classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

big cummies

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Not if your entire purpose in taking them is to pee really much

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Smugworth posted:

big cummies

i'm swatting you with a broom till you get out of here! go on, git!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Can I get a Wut! Wut! for the cloudy urine crew in this thread!?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

smugworth is out of control. wants to make every thread about cum and it's despicable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

smugworth is out of control. wants to make every thread about cum and it's despicable

He’s got cum on the brain as a result of his milking machine being in the shop for an extended period of time. Biden’s supply chain fiasco means a critical part is on back order with no ETA. Unless someone steps up to do the needful I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse with our dear friend Smugworth.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

in all honesty and fairness I have to say that vitamin c is great when you are sick. Its water soluable so any excess you will just piss out and then the fish will get some too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is vitameatavegamin a good brand multivitamin? Lucy seems to like it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ManBoyChef posted:

in all honesty and fairness I have to say that vitamin c is great when you are sick. Its water soluable so any excess you will just piss out and then the fish will get some too.

We all know what the C in vitamin C stands for

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

yep. They rub oranges until that sweet sweet c shoots out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i weighed myself last night before bed at 206.9 lbs and then i did a cum (drat near hit the headboard! :gizz::corsair:) and then i weighed myself this morning at 206.4 lbs :2monocle:

according to my calculations thats half a pound of cum

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

MODS

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

i weighed myself last night before bed at 206.9 lbs and then i did a cum (drat near hit the headboard! :gizz::corsair:) and then i weighed myself this morning at 206.4 lbs :2monocle:

according to my calculations thats half a pound of cum

big cummies award winner here folks
who can beat him

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's time to close down gbs imo

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I like expensive pee, so, in my case no, but only b/c that's my fetish don't peeshame me.

If you are deficient in something it makes sense to not be deficient in it but also that's something that can be confirmed clinically with bloodwork. I was on a vit-D supplement for a while.

Multivitamins are a hodgepodge of poo poo that may or may not be in a form which is particularly bioavailable, which you may or may not be deficient in, and which you may or may not actually metabolize well even if you are deficient because the FDA barely looks at this poo poo beyond "you can't put CURES DISEASES! on the label, or we'll come own you".

That said, it's still the basic standard of care at least in the US to suggest that pregnant and postnatal women take specific vitamins, but, I think that may come down to Americans generally having poo poo diets and doctors thinking it's easier to get stressed out people to take a pill than completely reinvent their diet.

Now, if we're talking supplements in general -- magnesium in a highly absorbable form is something that maybe more people should take because maybe most americans are pretty deficient (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5786912/, https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/study-half-of-all-americans-are-magnesium-deficient), but that's not some magic random thing that just happened, it's because not only do our diets suck, our farming practices suck even more and so foods we typically think of as high in magnesium (green leafy vegetables) may actually not be (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7649274/) and that's just down to :capitalism: and modern agriculture in general being completely incompatible with "sustainability".

I used to have a lot of muscle tics and tremors. Went away after magnesium supplementation, which was only a thing I thought of because an MD said "hey, you're exhibiting all the signs of mag deficiency and this is cheap and basically harmless to try". I no longer use it on a regular basis.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Half a a pound is super impressive!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

THIS!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I remember my first cum

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

they call me archimedes cause im displacin liquids

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I remember my first cum

me too. the people at the walgreens do too.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you add enough xanthum gum to a nice batch it will solidify well enough that you can form it into a block and slice it like cheese onto toast

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm a gastronomist

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ultra male vitality

Shoot multivitaropes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

anyone wash down their multivitamin stack with pineapple juice?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

numberoneposter posted:

anyone wash down their multivitamin stack with pineapple juice?

I wash it down with multivitamin shake powder mixed in vitamin water

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Cowman posted:

I wash it down with multivitamin shake powder mixed in vitamin water

The rare man, who gets 100 percent of his daily values across the board. The modern superman.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

new gang tag please mods

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Love your new red text, Smugworth.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I think the quickest way to get vitamins to yoru system is probably some sort of freebase situation in an oilpipe.

I could see someone hanging out under a bridge with a bunch of meth heads and they pass the pipe over to a meth head that proceeds to take a hit and then caughs and says "hey what the gently caress is in here!?"

and you the dude just turns to him, takes off his sunglasses and says "Vitamin D, the only high you will ever need!"

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Smugworth posted:

new gang tag please mods

i cannot allow this to be the legacy of the vitamins thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Doc Fission posted:

Don't forget to do a before and after rope report

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
big cums? big deal. that's old news!

what's popular today is BIG POOPS and got that you need fiber

seriously though, I'll tell you what's not a scam: it's metamucil. few americans are vitamin deficient, but lots of people don't get enough dietary fiber. even if you eat a reasonably healthy diet you probably could stand to get a bit more. I tried it out and was like "woah, this has really improved my poopin' experience!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Love your new red text, Smugworth.

Lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The lines are being drawn between team big cums and team big poos

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The big poops thread is over here

Mods ban this filth if they continue trolling the big cummies thread

naem
May 29, 2011

Zil posted:

The lines are being drawn between team big cums and team big poos

porque no los dos

Elon420DogeLord
Nov 22, 2022

Hey there, I'm one of you posters! Always online! Likeable!

Doc Fission posted:

I got yer back friend!

Tweet back at me!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Elon what kind of vitamins do you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elon420DogeLord
Nov 22, 2022

Hey there, I'm one of you posters! Always online! Likeable!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Elon what kind of vitamins do you like

the stack I take was calibrated for my genome, but, heh, a lot of it metabolizes into amphetamine. I know a cool doctor if you can wait a few months! Like a 10k consult.