Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

TravelLog posted:

Letty plan

I'll second this post, sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TIG: I'm fine taking a different starting hex than what I submitted, since Lettie needs a certain hex. Just give Kir priority in the realm of "as close to he upper left as he can get without bothering another allied unit's desired starting tile."

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

TIG: I'm fine taking a different starting hex than what I submitted, since Lettie needs a certain hex. Just give Kir priority in the realm of "as close to he upper left as he can get without bothering another allied unit's desired starting tile."

Letty can decide tomorrow to disarm either fire/ice pair if you want to start in E4 and take the upper right instead.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
1) Drop Song of Speed, gain Nimble Knife. Drop Tuning the Outcome for Power Ballad.
2) Start in D4
3) Disorienting Dirge and Throw Voice, go on 14. Curse 2 demons, disarm 2 demons. (Could have been disarm 3 demons if we enhanced Throw Voice with another hex).
4) Marksman battle goal
5) Discard Soothing Lullaby, Singing Arrow, and Call to Action

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Letty can decide tomorrow to disarm either fire/ice pair if you want to start in E4 and take the upper right instead.

Doesn't matter. Really, so long as we are coordinating so that Kir does one side and Letty does the other, I think it's fine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Just FYI, I'm in the middle of a move right now, so today's update is going to be a bit delayed - morning time PST probably.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crystalline Cave, Round 1A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

I'm missing a third discarded card for Letty, since we ended up removing from the deck several of the suggestions :v: Also I hope I got the starting postions right, today has been a bit hectic.

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos (Hand7, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 6 with Flame Shroud and Precision Strike.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

code:
FLAME SHROUD (06) [Lvl1]
TOP: Generate FIRE Persistent Bonus: the next five times an enemy enters an hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - Gain XP1 at the 2nd and 5th trigger, then LOSS
BOT: MOVE4 - Consume FIRE: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, XP1

PRECISION STRIKE (40) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK4 - Add +3ATK if the target has a negative condition - XP1 - Consume FIRE: ADVANTAGE, XP1 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - PULL2, Range3
Boris (Hand9, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Fresh Kill.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

code:
RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump
Letty Van Halen (Hand6, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Disorienting Dirge and Throw Voice.

14. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
DISORIENTING DIRGE (14) [Lvl4]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All enemies gain DISADVANTAGE on all their Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: CURSE, Target all enemies withing Range3 - BLESS, Affect all allies within Range3.

THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Welp, I guess I'm not going faster than the flame demons then. He's gonna run right up into my face and drop a trap looks like. That makes him sub-optimal for shooting. I could put the 2 damage per turn doom on him and pivot to shooting the frost demon maybe?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame, what's the plan with Kir this round?

Letty will add 5 curses it looks like since the far fire demon will be moving in too. Then I guess disarm the best looking triangle which looks to be the left ice and earth demons depending on how the fire demons stack up.

I'd discard nimble knife as the third to keep song options open.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Flame demons are actually HELPING us, because the traps will restrict movements, you want to keep them alive this turn, and concentrate fire on the ice demons

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

bagrada posted:

Letty will add 5 curses it looks like since the far fire demon will be moving in too. Then I guess disarm the best looking triangle which looks to be the left ice and earth demons depending on how the fire demons stack up.

concur on the discard, even though nimbleknife is a good card.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fire demons are flying and not affected by traps right?

I think we can have them move onto the existing traps, and then drop their new traps to block up the frontal path for the demons, That will provide a lot of breathing room for the party.

Fire demons in D3 and F4, Traps in C3 and E3

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I don't understand Kir's cards. Setting up the persistent loss already maybe and pulling something adjacent, I'm guessing?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Right, I'll doom flame demon 2, and hit frost demon 3 with fresh kill. Should do some good damage.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah I don't understand Kir's cards. Setting up the persistent loss already maybe and pulling something adjacent, I'm guessing?

It would have been a good pair of cards to combo a fire demon with if they weren't already moving to melee. Gloomhaven loves messing with best laid plans. As is, if he pulls one in, it may focus the crystal instead and move to one of the bottom spots before dropping its trap.

This is an interesting first turn, I like when the game can become a puzzle because you have more time to think about it and more minds to bounce off of.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
The Flame Demons should move to B3 and E2 or F3, then we pick where the traps end up, right? I say we have Flame Demon (3) (should this be a 1 instead?) go to F3, then have the traps dropped in C2 and E2 as that blocks the Earth Demons more efficiently.

Letty should disarm Ice Demon (3) and Earth Demon (4).

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 22, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TravelLog posted:

The Flame Demons should move to B3 and E2 or F3, then we pick where the traps end up, right? I say we have Flame Demon (3) (should this be a 1 instead?) go to F3, then have the traps dropped in C2 and E2 as that blocks the Earth Demons more efficiently.

Letty should disarm Ice Demon (3) and Earth Demon (4).

Flame demons are moving 3 not 2

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fire demons can fly, so they treat traps as empty for movement purposes.

Kir moves to C3 and pulls earth demon 6 to C2 for a disarm triangle, both fire demons fly over the traps next to Kir taking 2 damage in the process, Letty does her thing and then Boris dooms and shoots an ice or earth one. Fire demons die next turn to a goomba stomp.

Next round someone can fill the gap in the bottom right.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I was going to put the damage over time doom on one of the flame demons, you think that is not necessary?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I think only one other person submitted Letty goonmind options, and I agree with discarding Power Ballad as the third card.

Edit: missed this, I agree with Bagrada

bagrada posted:

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 22, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

AtomikKrab posted:

Fire demons are flying and not affected by traps right?

I think we can have them move onto the existing traps, and then drop their new traps to block up the frontal path for the demons, That will provide a lot of breathing room for the party.

Fire demons in D3 and F4, Traps in C3 and E3

I agree with this.

Also per my initial post, discard Power Ballad since we took it instead of Tuning the Outcome.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Omobono posted:

Fire demons can fly, so they treat traps as empty for movement purposes.

Kir moves to C3 and pulls earth demon 6 to C2 for a disarm triangle, both fire demons fly over the traps next to Kir taking 2 damage in the process, Letty does her thing and then Boris dooms and shoots an ice or earth one. Fire demons die next turn to a goomba stomp.

Next round someone can fill the gap in the bottom right.

This wasn't my original plan, but I also wasn't planning on the flame demons not attacking this turn. My original plan involved setting up the persistent loss, moving toward one of the flame demons and then yanking it into me for 2 damage which would combo with a doom for a dead flame demon. Then tanking earth and frost.

But yeah, this works to our advantage. Should be able to get 3 demons into a disarm formation for Letty, drop both flame demons to 1 so I can passively kill 'em next turn, leaving us with only 1 frost demon which isn't even that threatening if Letty moves out of the way. We should get out of this turn with 0 damage taken and a lot dished out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Letty's not moving this turn (per the votes so far) but we're dropping in 5 or so curses and 2 friendly blesses so we should be okay taking a frost demon hit this round.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

FairGame posted:

This wasn't my original plan, but I also wasn't planning on the flame demons not attacking this turn. My original plan involved setting up the persistent loss, moving toward one of the flame demons and then yanking it into me for 2 damage which would combo with a doom for a dead flame demon. Then tanking earth and frost.

But yeah, this works to our advantage. Should be able to get 3 demons into a disarm formation for Letty, drop both flame demons to 1 so I can passively kill 'em next turn, leaving us with only 1 frost demon which isn't even that threatening if Letty moves out of the way. We should get out of this turn with 0 damage taken and a lot dished out.

OK, so should I change my orders to put the doom on the frost demon then, since it seems like you can guarantee the flame demons die next round?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

ChocolatePancake posted:

OK, so should I change my orders to put the doom on the frost demon then, since it seems like you can guarantee the flame demons die next round?

Put it on the right flame demon; I don't see how it's going to cross my path. If TIG sees it differently, then yeah, doom something else. I think that's a reasonably contingency to order?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crystalline Cave, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Letty Van Halen discards Power Ballad as per the Road Event.

I've place an HP counter and a "lose a card to prevent damage to the Crystal" counter on top of it for additional clarity. The Crystal has 15HP and players can prevent damage to it twice by losing a card during this Scenario.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (top)! Persistent Bonus: the next five times an enemy enters an hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - Gain XP1 at the 2nd and 5th trigger, then LOSS.
- Kir Kanos uses Precision Strike (bot)! Moves2 to C3. PULL2 Earth Demon 6 to C2, through D2. Earth Demon 6 suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud!
Earth Demon 6 is at 13 HP.
Kir Kanos uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Flaming Sickle and Blinding Sickle.
FIRE is now strong.

8. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 2 focuses Kir Kanos! Flies2 to B3. Suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud! Kir Kanos gains 1XP. Creates a 4 damage trap in hex A3! Consumes FIRE, Generates FIRE.
- Flame Demon 3 focuses Kir Kanos! Flies2 to D3. Suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud! Creates a 4 damage trap in hex E3!
FIRE is now strong.

The Flame Demons didn't have an attack this Round, so they couldn't attack the Crystal. Because of that, they followed the normal Focus rules, aka: if you are not Attacking, you are taking focus as if you had a Melee Attack (aka: move next to your Focus if you can).

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Boris uses Race to the Grave (bot) targeting Frost Demon 3! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Fresh Kill (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 3 for 5 (4base, rolling ADD TARGET, +1mod) damage! Attacks Earth Demon 4 for 0 (4base, NULLmod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Frost Demon 3 is at 5 HP and is DOOMED!

It didn't matter this time because , but I guess since we have 2 ADD TARGET mods in the deck, it may be a good idea for the DS player to provide contingency target(s) from now on, just in case :)

14. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Throw Voice (top)! Flame Demon 2, Frost Demon 3, Earth Demon 6 are DISARMED!
- Letty Van Halen uses Disorienting Dirge (bot)! Flame Demon 2, Flame Demon 3, Frost Demon 3, Earth Demon 4, Earth Demon 6 are CURSED! Kir Kanos, Boris are BLESSED!
There are now 5 Curses in the monsters' deck.

58. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 3 focuses Letty Van Halen! Moves3 to E2. Suffers 2 Doom damage! Loses DISARMED token.
Frost Demon 3 is at 3 HP and is DOOMED!
- Flame Demon 5 focuses Letty Van Halen! Moves3 to G2.

93. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1 focuses Letty Van Halen! Moves1 to D2.
- Earth Demon 6 focuses Kir Kanos! Loses DISARMED token.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Boris's deck is shuffled.
- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 23, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

EDIT: I thought I had made a mistake, but I didn't :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 23, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kir can oh wait there is no goombastomp available due to cards. Kir can use blinding sickle to clean up the fire demons then burn away the dark to wound the earth and ice demon

Ice demon should die from its wound + doom, but there is the one coming on the side. I propose letty stamina potion back her curse/bless and her disarm, curse the demon pile, and then disarm the ice demon before it can reach the crystal.

Actually, Hey boris, can you use your invisible power to block the ice demon on the side while shooting with something else making it waste its turn, then letty can disarm the larger demon pile and make them waste their time.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What happens if someone plugs the gap in F5? Would the frost demon focus the crystal and take the long way around the traps or would it focus the plugger?

Letty's turn:
Minor stamina potion, recover Dirge and Throw voice.

09, Defensive Ditty, Throw Voice

If someone else can cc frost demon 5 then do the following instead:
Minor stamina potion, recover Dirge and Singing Arrow.

09, Defensive ditty, Singing Arrow

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Omobono posted:

What happens if someone plugs the gap in F5? Would the frost demon focus the crystal and take the long way around the traps or would it focus the plugger?

If an invisible Boris sits in F5, it would walk straight through the trap at F4 and hit the crystal. Though if the fire demons die first and there is a trap-free path the ice demons would focus Kir and start walking back the other way.
edit: Whoops, misread. If the plugger isn't invisible it would just focus them. It will only focus the crystal if it can reach and attack it this turn, so if there's a short open path or there's no other choice except through a trap.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Enemies will not go through a trap if they can path around it. The demon will walk around the traps and waste its turn, Remember the skeleton mission, Players being in the way do not count as impassable, the demon will thus go for kir.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Enemies will not go through a trap if they can path around it. The demon will walk around the traps and waste its turn, Remember the skeleton mission, Players being in the way do not count as impassable, the demon will thus go for kir.
The special rules for this mission supercede the regular Focus rules. If a monster can move and attack the Crystal, it will proceed even if it has to walk onto traps to do so. If it can't, it'll use the normal Focus rules instead.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 23, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

The special rules for this mission supercede the regular Focus rules. If a monster can move and attack the Crystal, it will proceed even if it has to walk onto traps to do so. If it can't, it'll use the normal Focus rules instead.

So maybe we carve the ice demon up with attacks and then hope the earth demons are real slow again so that they don't blow up the traps just yet

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Question - if Letty hits a fire demon with Singing Arrow bottom and wounds it, then it dies from the wound on its turn, does that count as her killing it for her battle goal? For future reference, they are too close for that this turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I vote instead that letty

Recover with minor potion, dirge and throw voice
init 14
Dirge bottom
throw voice top, take out the earth demon pile up with disarm

I think maxing curses in the enemies deck and reducing damage to kir is the best plan, Boris can shoot up the healthy ice demon and then make it go through the trap so it's down in hp and then the crystal can take a single hit, but hopefully the demon just loving whiffs on a curse.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

bagrada posted:

Question - if Letty hits a fire demon with Singing Arrow bottom and wounds it, then it dies from the wound on its turn, does that count as her killing it for her battle goal? For future reference, they are too close for that this turn.

If a monster dies from Wound damage, nobody gets kill credit.

Usually it has to die on your turn for it to count, whether it be from attacking, pushing into a trap, etc. There are exceptions, such as death by retaliate.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Fire demons are too fast for burn away the dark to be even remotely reliable. Gonna go as fast as I can and hope it's enough

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's a common houserule to credit Wound damage to the person who placed it, if it's obvious.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

I vote instead that letty

Recover with minor potion, dirge and throw voice
init 14
Dirge bottom
throw voice top, take out the earth demon pile up with disarm

I think maxing curses in the enemies deck and reducing damage to kir is the best plan, Boris can shoot up the healthy ice demon and then make it go through the trap so it's down in hp and then the crystal can take a single hit, but hopefully the demon just loving whiffs on a curse.

I'll second this, love me some dirge spam.

Thanks for the answers, it will be tricky getting her battle goal, maybe an ice demon will drop to 1hp at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Going to get my persistent bonus up this round, so not planning to do an attack. I'll let the damage over time doom do it's thing this round. I have to act before the frost demons if I can, but if I play another doom, then the current one will go away. Need to get my persistent bonus up anyway.
I'll go invisible and block F5 if I can.