Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

The new Fantasy Setup Enhanced mod has been released including a campaign manager to easily migrate your game state from one mod to another, or to an updated version of the same mod. :)

Links and discussion are in the main thread.

FYI Kir won't migrate automatically but it's pretty simple to remake him in the new mod... And then he'll be able to migrate from new, to new. Fantasy Setup doesn't have support for JotL characters, but they're included in the new enhanced mod by default.
Unfortunately I'm not tracking most things in the TTS module - especially Scenario completion, character progression and items. This means the previous version becoming broken didn't affect me at all, but it also means most automation won't benefit the saves for the LP either :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crystalline Cave, Round 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Boris uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Fresh Kill, Race to the Grave and Press the Attack.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand2, Discarded7, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Echoing Aria and Nimble Knife.

8. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
ECHOING ARIA (08) [Lvl3]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies gain RETALIATE2, Range2 - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD2, Affect all allies withing Range3 - XP1.

NIMBLE KNIFE (27) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2 - CURSE - BLESS, affect one adjacent ally.
BOT: MOVE4
Boris (Hand5, Discarded4, Active3, Lost0) is acting at initiative 31 with Solid Blow and Fresh Kill.

31. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

code:
SOLID BLOW (31) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range 5
BOT: MOVE4

FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump
Kir Kanos (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 40 with Precision Strike and Blinding Sickle.

40. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

code:
PRECISION STRIKE (40) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK4 - Add +3ATK if the target has a negative condition - XP1 - Consume FIRE: ADVANTAGE, XP1 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - PULL2, Range3

BLINDING SICKLE (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2, IMMOBILIZE - Generate LIGHT
BOT: All adjacent enemies suffer 1 damage - LOOT1 - Generate LIGHT

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Frosty 5 will die from the trap, so the question is if it is better to poke it to death to keep the trap up or let it die by trap.

For what it's worth, the curse won't trigger if Letty kills frosty.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Letty needs to move or she gets CLOCKED by that earth demon

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

FairGame posted:

I can lock up both earth demons. Take care of frosty, and I'll make my way toward the new door to deal with our new friends.

With them swinging for five but barely moving what is your plan for this turn? If Letty will be a target we should kill the ice demon to save the trap, and move away from the earth demons. Otherwise it would be nice to get a song up finally.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Letty will be a target if she stands still because of her init order. Demon can focus her and walk over and punch.

We should still kill the ice demon to save the trap though, we can survive a punch anyway, get the retaliate up and let Kir handle the demon harming, we need to get those earth demons down anyhow.

OH wait isn't it doomed anyway? its just going to loving die this turn because boris isn't using a doom anyway. we can ignore it.

I vote Move down four to a western coin, loot it put up song so kir has some nice retaliate action going on.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 29, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The frost demon should have died last turn actually since it went after us and had 1hp. I would have then voted to long rest. But yeah moving away from the earth demons and putting up retaliate song sounds good.

Edit: whoops wrong doom.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 29, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Letty will be a target if she stands still because of her init order.
I forgot to add it to the sheet, but Letty has the Flea-bitten Shawl equipped:

So her init is 99 to determine Focus.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Frost demons doom is the +2 to boris’s attacks, not the damage per turn. How does it die without us doing anything?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Frost demons doom is the +2 to boris’s attacks, not the damage per turn. How does it die without us doing anything?

oh, in that case then, shanking it is to preserve the trap.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I was thinking I'd walk up to B3 and take a shot at the flame demon with the piercing bow. Hope for +1 to finish it off. Alternatively I could clog things up by moving to C3 and using the hawk helm to do the same.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I can move to B3, immobilize the far demon, take a swing at the near one. I'll get punched by him but he'll eat retaliate, and with wound he'll likely die from the retaliate OR from his wound damage next turn. Meanwhile it keeps me out of harm's way from our newcomers while also getting me close enough to act on 'em next turn.

In fact, that's my plan.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

I can move to B3, immobilize the far demon, take a swing at the near one. I'll get punched by him but he'll eat retaliate, and with wound he'll likely die from the retaliate OR from his wound damage next turn. Meanwhile it keeps me out of harm's way from our newcomers while also getting me close enough to act on 'em next turn.

In fact, that's my plan.

We can stay put and start the song, then the frost demon will die to the trap and you'll have retaliate. If you immobilize earth demon 4, Letty will be safe from attacks.

But we've got at least one vote to skip the song and use our top action to shank frosty,keeping the trap around for when the right door opens.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
All right, I'll go to C3 and try to long range snipe the flame demon.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

ChocolatePancake posted:

All right, I'll go to C3 and try to long range snipe the flame demon.

That is an elite flame demon with 4 shields - how's your deck looking?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I think we might be better off with the "2 damage per turn" doom on the Flame Demon, and I'll make it bleed while I'm at it.

bagrada posted:

We can stay put and start the song, then the frost demon will die to the trap and you'll have retaliate. If you immobilize earth demon 4, Letty will be safe from attacks.

But we've got at least one vote to skip the song and use our top action to shank frosty,keeping the trap around for when the right door opens.

I'd appreciate getting retaliate song up, Goonmind. For all we know there are fliers in the rightmost room; that trap might not be that handy.

edit: I have submitted orders. I still think retaliate song is the better play here, but I have a contingency in case you decide otherwise.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 29, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah that doom + the retaliate song will melt an elite flame demon.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm using the piercing bow. It's a good way to eliminate pesky elite flame demons like that. The two damage per turn doom would take another couple of rounds to kill him off. All I need now is a +1 modifier. It's not a guaranteed shot, but it's a decent bet.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Voting to stay in place and start up the retaliate song. Then quick rest, protecting Throw Voice and Disorienting Dirge. If we reroll one into the other, That's Gloomhaven(tm). Singing Arrow is one of our only ways to get our battle goal, but Letty doesn't really need perks.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to bet there will be three more demons in the east room with either an elite earth or elite frost demon leading the pack.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AtomikKrab posted:

I am going to bet there will be three more demons in the east room with either an elite earth or elite frost demon leading the pack.

It's full of drakes with oozes in their mouth, and when they spit they shoot oozes at you

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

Voting to stay in place and start up the retaliate song. Then quick rest, protecting Throw Voice and Disorienting Dirge. If we reroll one into the other, That's Gloomhaven(tm). Singing Arrow is one of our only ways to get our battle goal, but Letty doesn't really need perks.

+1

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

It's full of drakes with oozes in their mouth, and when they spit they shoot oozes at you

The north room is all our retired characters with the gear and levels they retired in, with a quest from someone to destroy the crystal.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
The crystal itself is actually a highly advanced computer, which holds an entire self-contained universe. If you were to look at it right now, you would see a fresh-faced party of adventurers, about to head into the Black Barrow.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

The north room is all our retired characters with the gear and levels they retired in, with a quest from someone to destroy the crystal.

I liked Wizardry: Return of Werdna too :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crystalline Cave, Round 4B

- None!

8. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Nimble Knife (bot)! No action taken!
- Letty Van Halen uses Echoing Aria (top)! Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies gain RETALIATE2, Range2 - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
- Letty Van Halen takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Soothing Lullaby.

31. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Boris uses Solid Blow (bot)! Moves3 to C3.
- Boris uses Fresh Kill (top)! Activates Hawk Helm and Piercing Bow. Attacks Flame Demon 6(E) for 5 (4base, +1mod, SHIELD4, PIERCE4) damage! Gains 1XP.
Flame Demon 6(E) is killed!

40. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Blinding Sickle (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 4 with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (3base, +0/+1mod) damage!
Earth Demon 4 is at 10 HP and is WOUNDED and IMMOBILIZED!
- Kir Kanos uses Precision Strike (bot)! Moves2 to A2. PULL1, pulls Earth Demon 6 to hex B3. Earth Demon 6 suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud!
Earth Demon 6 is at 4 HP and is WOUNDED!

58. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 4 focuses Kir Kanos! Moves2 to door hex. Suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud! Kir Kanos gains 1XP. Flame Shroud is LOST. Attacks Kir Kanos for 2 (3base, -1mod, PIERCE3, CHAINMAIL) damage. Kir Kanos RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Frost Demon 4 is at 6 HP.
Kir Kanos is at 12 HP.
- Flame Demon 5 focuses The Crystal (OBJECTIVE)! Moves2 to E4. Trap triggered in hex F4! Flame Demon 5 suffers 6 trap damage!
Frost Demon 5 is killed! Rain of Arrows is discarded.

83. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Moves1 to top right.
- Earth Demon 4 focuses Boris! Suffers 1 WOUND damage. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Earth Demon 4 is at 9 HP and is WOUNDED!
- Earth Demon 6 focuses Boris! Suffers 1 WOUND damage. Attacks Boris for 6 (5base, +1mod) damage. Boris RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Earth Demon 6 is at 1 HP and is WOUNDED!
Boris is at 9 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

I've changed some things in the spreadsheet that I use to update, please let me know if you spot anything wonky!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 30, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I don't think any of us can use it, but I think Ice should be on the board.

Kir's use of blinding sickle generated Light, and then the Frost Demon should have converted it to Ice on its turn.

PS: Sorry, Boris; I lost track of your attack; thought I was going to be wearing both attacks that round.

Planning to take a beating by both frost and earth this round. I can tie them up for a while if you all want to focus on our new friends coming from the right.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

#6 is going to drop from wound right?

Not sure what letty should be doing? Kir can tie up the ice demon and the far earth demon fairly easily, might be able to kill the ice demon on a retaliate this turn unless it gets a move 3 and goes for the crystal, in which case it kills itself and kir could go punch a healthier earth demon.

Maybe we should power up our heavy knife blow, stab the earth demon with it and eat the hit from it in return for bringing it closer to death while Boris shoots up the healthy earth demon that spawned in so it goes down?

Boris should probably short rest sometime soon to get his cards back, we will probably need them

init 89 Warding Dagger, Singing arrow

My thoughts are Boris dooms up demon 4, then uses press the attack and tries to get it low enough that it hopefully focuses on the trap, walks into it and dies. Kir handles frost demon, the bottom earth demon moves, and we stab it for an immobile next turn while we handle the new room

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 30, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Throwing this out there, I think we can Singing Arrow bottom (atk1 range 3 + wound) the already dying earth demon 6 to steal the kill for our battle goal... Which was kill something 3+ spaces away? If we care about it.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Boom. One elite flame demon dead.
Don't worry about me taking the earth demon attack, I figured that would happen. I can eat one or two of those. He's dead next round anyway from wound.
I guess I'll start working on earth demon 4.

That Italian Guy
RACE TO THE GRAVE is marked as discarded in the player sheet, but I got that back with the stamina potion last round. With that I should have two rounds of attacks left in me before I have to rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

That Italian Guy
RACE TO THE GRAVE is marked as discarded in the player sheet, but I got that back with the stamina potion last round. With that I should have two rounds of attacks left in me before I have to rest.
My bad, fixed! I'll also fix the Ice generation.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I also vote Warding Dagger and Singing Arrow but at 56 to leave us the option to maybe sneak our battle goal if the rocks are going slow. We can decide to immobilize, curse or steal the kill depending on what the enemy is doing.

Retaliate song still the best? It's a good turn to swap if needed since disarm might be good next turn.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 30, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

bagrada posted:

I also vote Warding Dagger and Singing Arrow but at 56 to leave us the option to maybe sneak our battle goal if the rocks are going slow. We can decide to immobilize, curse or steal the kill depending on what the enemy is doing.

Retaliate song still the best? It's a good turn to swap if needed since disarm might be good next turn.

We want to retaliate I think to bring down the demon numbers. 56 is fine I feel, and opens us up, fast demons we lock it down and then kir can use pulls to drag it through traps next turn to kill it. slow demons we kill steal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey everyone, today I'll be out for most of the day, so updates will resume normally tomorrow!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crystalline Cave, Round 5A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Boris (Hand4, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Press the Attack.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

code:
RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.
Kir Kanos (Hand4, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 16 with Swift Strength and Healing Sands.

16. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

code:
SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range2, Target2, PULL1
BOT: MOVE2, Jump - Round Bonus: SHIELD1.

HEALING SANDS (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Self - XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: All Attacks targeting you gain DISADVANTAGE this Round.
Letty Van Halen (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 56 with Warding Dagger and Singing Arrow.

56. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
WARDING DAGGER (56) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - IMMOBILIZE.
BOT: MOVE4 - Round Bonus: SHIELD2, Affect all adjacent allies - XP1 - LOSS

SINGING ARROW (89) [Lvl1]
TOP: CURSE, Range3, see Template.
BOT: ATK1, Range3 - WOUND

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hmm, Boris could stand still, doom the healthy earth demon and shoot it to wear it down
Kir could move 1, drag the ice and earth demons to himself while doing some damage (does the damage/retaliate happen before the pull or does retaliate trigger after?) Then the demons would run through traps to try to get to the crystal on their moves and hopefully die? even if it doesn't die immediately, the earth demon would only do minor damage at best because of the ice present.

Letty could kill steal for the battlegoal.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
My plan is to go after earth demon 4, try to get him out of the picture.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Letty could kill steal for the battlegoal.

Letty vote: singing arrow bottom on earth demon 6 for the kill steal.

edited because the other earth demon is too close for our battle goal.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 2, 2021

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

Letty vote: singing arrow bottom on earth demon 6 for the kill steal.

edited because the other earth demon is too close for our battle goal.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders for our Red Guard :)