Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
I'm for having everything visible. The long-term scoring is neat but shouldn't really effect the individual dilemma considerations too much, at least not until many more rulers down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

I'm for having everything visible. The long-term scoring is neat but shouldn't really effect the individual dilemma considerations too much, at least not until many more rulers down the line.

Show it all, we don't even know what it means yet so no reason to hide it?

Agenda requests sent in.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
Tbh I'd love to see what rewards a house got from their achievement to help explain why they went so hard on a certain course of action for a while, so long as we keep the important spoilery stuff under wraps it should be fine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Alright, I'll made the current scores public tomorrow :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Interregnum
Queen Ilysia, first of her name, is dead. The first monarch in recent memory to leave this mortal coil while still wearing a crown, her reign has lasted almost 25 years. Panem et Circenses has been a staple during her tenure and she has always remained popular with the masses, especially after the ROYAL RUMBLE. She was loved by the common folk to the very end - even after unscropulous nobles took advantage of her advanced age to pass increasingly unpopular laws.

While we didn't get any submission for her portrait, we do have Maestro Floriando eternal masterpiece to commemorate her:

As I discovered yesterday, Google Translate is Really Bad at Latin, but the joke should be clear :v:

Finally, here are the current Prestige/Crave Rankings:
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam: 6x, 1x
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 6x, 3x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 6x, 3x
House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar: 5x, 2x
House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden: 5x, 1x

:siren::siren::siren:
You have 24h to vote for the name of the new ruler and to submit your tiered Hidden Agenda preferences! Right now the choice is between:
  • Queen Hypatia (2)
  • King Ommad II (2)
  • King Cagnaccio (1)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 18, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

That Italian Guy posted:

Finally, here are the current Prestige/Crave Rankings:
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 6x, 3x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 6x, 3x

:hfive:
Up top, Crownium leaders!

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
If I had to pick, I'd lean toward Queen Hypatia.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

C... posted:

Technically, House Pinchay is the Leader right now because their House is more prestigious than yours - the number is brackets is the "nobility" score; it is used to break down prestige ties. The higher it is, the more noble/ancient/prestigious the House is.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

:hfive:

I feel better about our last place finish last reign now.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

That Italian Guy posted:

Technically, House Pinchay is the Leader right now because their House is more prestigious than yours - the number is brackets is the "nobility" score; it is used to break down prestige ties. The higher it is, the more noble/ancient/prestigious the House is.

For pure Prestige, sure, but don't discount Dark Chocolate Prestige!

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

C... posted:

For pure Prestige, sure, but don't discount Dark Chocolate Prestige!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the Dark Chocolate Prestige does in the endgame if it apparently isn't used for rankings

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
That Italian Guy, any chance you could put our hall of monarchs in the OP?

Also wasn't Harald "the Generous"?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

TravelLog posted:

That Italian Guy, any chance you could put our hall of monarchs in the OP?

Also wasn't Harald "the Generous"?

Will do! And yeah, it looks like that's been a popular title in modern Ankist history :v:

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

I'm down for Queen Hypatia.

But also...

That Italian Guy posted:

While we didn't get any submission for her portrait, we do have Maestro Floriando eternal masterpiece to commemorate her:

Clearly that is her portrait. Abstract art is just lost on you.

Now if you excuse me, there's a dead horse outside that my bat is just yearning to hit.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

That Italian Guy posted:

Will do! And yeah, it looks like that's been a popular title in modern Ankist history :v:

Aw, just like her grandfather.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Hypatia I, Dilemma 1

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: grandalt (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: LPFinale

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Bellmaker
- Treasurer/Negotiator: SporkChan

Dilemma1 posted:

Stakes:

Resources:

Active Event(s)

A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator

Yes, yes, peasants stealing bread during a famine, is this a day ending in y?

More importantly, what's the expense comparison on posting guards versus importing more really cheap bread from our neighbors?
Because I'm sure it'd be cheaper t import more grain and refund the losses for the merchants.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 19, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'll put this in the update from now on (and I'll figure out a way not to forget to update it), but there currently are 10 cards in the Dilemma deck.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 19, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

These aren't peasants, but something more organized (see the sun symbol, peasant slider going up if we interfere)

So the question is whether it's worth stopping a more organized element from gaining power that should be ours. I say yes.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

Hungry mouths are never a good sign, let alone when this theft appears to have been perpetrated by an organized group. If we can't deal with this issue and the peasants go hungry too long we'll need to send guards out anyway to quell bread riots. Instead let's nip this issue in the bud and make sure that people are being fed, send a guard to watch a granary now or we'll need to send a hundred guards to break up a riot next week.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

I agree. This isn't some petty robbery. Something more sinister is at work here, and we ought to take care of it while they're just stealing grain. Be an awful shame if these sun folks start setting buildings on fire.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Sighence posted:

These aren't peasants, but something more organized (see the sun symbol, peasant slider going up if we interfere)

So the question is whether it's worth stopping a more organized element from gaining power that should be ours. I say yes.

Sitting Councilmember

While I agree that this isn't a random act of hungry rabble, I disagree that it's a problem. Many of our fellows expressed very strong concerns regarding bringing this grain into the country and even stronger concerns feeding it to our army. We should absolutely investigate who this sun-carving group are, but the fact that they're stealing (and presumably eating) the wheat we're scared to feed to anyone feels like one problem solving another.

Curious to hear how this debate has played out in Olwyn.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

While I agree that this isn't a random act of hungry rabble, I disagree that it's a problem. Many of our fellows expressed very strong concerns regarding bringing this grain into the country and even stronger concerns feeding it to our army. We should absolutely investigate who this sun-carving group are, but the fact that they're stealing (and presumably eating) the wheat we're scared to feed to anyone feels like one problem solving another.

Navigator

This, my fellow councilmembers. If the sun-carvers intend to do more than incite confusion and fear with a calling card at the mills, they'll show their hand sooner or later. As it stands, the grain is easily replaced and I'm of a mind to doubt that they would specifically target the grain again. I'd wager they're trying to strain what relations we've forged with this trade deal to feed ourselves in this famine, no? And last I checked, the sun was a significant symbol in religion, whether in Ankist or in the place the Golden Map laid resting.

If this organization truly is some underground network of zealots, they've been around for far longer than we can imagine ourselves. If they're beginning to become so brazen as to carve their symbol into the mills, odds are we've drawn their attention, and they wish to draw ours. No organization of this level of secrecy allows itself to be known unless that is what they deem best for their long-term goals. We will find them again, dear Council, but more likely with knives at our houses' throats. Relocating guards from Tiryll will open the way for them to climb the ladder, escalating their targets until they finally reach their true goal. What that goal is, we won't know until it's far too late. I can't advocate for splitting our security like this.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

LPFinale posted:

Navigator
We will find them again, dear Council, but more likely with knives at our houses' throats. Relocating guards from Tiryll will open the way for them to climb the ladder, escalating their targets until they finally reach their true goal. What that goal is, we won't know until it's far too late. I can't advocate for splitting our security like this.

Captain-Poet

An interesting point, cousin! If this cult is sufficiently sophisticated, this could be a deliberate effort to have us move our armies out of position - the presence of a black sticker on Aye supports this. Although the last time we didn't send in the army, we spawned a different zealous crime-committing cult, so that might just be in vogue these days.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

While shadowy organizations should give us all pause, it seems a tad hasty to believe there may be grand diabolical designs at work when we have no indication of such, and much more immediate problems of hungry, and therefore dangerous, peasants.

For all we know this is simply a consequence of the last time we weren't willing to send professional guards to solve a problem and the locals came up with their own zealous, lynch happy, response. If stores of the nation's valuable foodstuffs don't warrant guards then what does?

C...
Jan 22, 2008

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

If stores of the nation's valuable foodstuffs don't warrant guards then what does?

Captain-Poet

Industrial facilities, centers of trade and commercial activity, storehouses of wealth, libraries, temples, residences, and the seat of regional power. In short - Vandis, the capital.

But Gambol is not adamant; if you have your heart set on signing those dispatch orders, I suspect you'll be able to.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

High Scholar

Scalpers? In a famine? Ewwwww. We should probably go Aye on this one, because... well, ew.

But that sticker is intimidating...

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

C... posted:

Captain-Poet

Industrial facilities, centers of trade and commercial activity, storehouses of wealth, libraries, temples, residences, and the seat of regional power. In short - Vandis, the capital.

But Gambol is not adamant; if you have your heart set on signing those dispatch orders, I suspect you'll be able to.

Sitting Councilmember

It is certainly refreshing to hear that House Gambol isn't overly strident in their opposition to protecting the meekest of society, particularly against those who would thieve from the kingdom's own granaries.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BTW, forgot to mention - here are the Power/Coins details for each House.

8 Power, 10 Coins

8 Power, 10 Coins

9 Power, 10 Coins

7 Power, 10 Coins

9 Power, 10 Coins

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Senator

Let us not have too short of memories, council. If we go back in the books to the reign of Harald V, there was the incident where three windmills were burned down, with evidence of sabotage we unfortunately could not follow up on. Perhaps this organization and this sentiment against the commoners has been burning much longer than we realize. To keep our guards away would be to keep ourselves vulnerable.

in b4 Lethe calls out any Aye votes for not following up on the witch

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sitting Councilmember

The symbol concerns us, it feels like the work of an organized group working against The Mother's interests.

We agree with the other Houses that House Gambol's position is questionable at best. For all their blather about how Mhuir cannot be trusted, they want to go ahead and just buy more grain? By their own testimony, it's not unlikely Mhuir stole the grain back and is selling it to us again!

Our people deserve food in their bellies, we do not need a soldier on every corner of Vandis.

Blessed be The Mother.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 19, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

Sitting Councilmember

By their own testimony, it's not unlikely Mhuir stole the grain back and is selling it to us again!

Captain-Poet

That would be a wild twist! What a turn of events that would be.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I say we just not listen to people who call themselves captain-poets when they've yet to navigate either trireme or trochee.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Sighence posted:

I say we just not listen to people who call themselves captain-poets when they've yet to navigate either trireme or trochee.

From Coden, hear, and heed this "wisdom" gain,
Our reign so new yet such decorum lost
A self-styled Duke requests Gambol refrain
A dullard's pale, weak try at banter tossed

Attempt to advocate, with tragic brain
He sees neither the threat, here, nor the cost
To rally army, chasing simple grain
And ride to the defense of empty trough

"The horse has run!" cries apple high in tree,
"We must secure the barn" - his empty head
We'll crown with sticker shame from which I balk

Real wit is costly; Sighence speaks for free.
Bear well in mind - this same young duke has said:

Sighence posted:

If any of you believe this red iron crock

Captain-Poet

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Peasants starve, breadless.
Solad allows thievery;
do not praise the sun.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Rhyming is heretical
Blessed be the Mother

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Roses are Red
Lethe is obnoxious
Put the workers first
Or the Mother will give us poxes

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Let's Play The King's Dilemma: Came for the politics, stayed for the poetry.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Slaan posted:

Roses are Red
Lethe is obnoxious
Put the workers first
Or the Mother will give us poxes

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted: