Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

That scene was so gloriously dumb. It almost felt like the anime was saying "whoever has the most cut cumgutters is clearly leader."

The goal of the Eldian Empire is to achieve twink supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love Levi's little throwaway line, "How did everyone get so tall??" :lol:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Yeah I'm over here fiending for my next episode like yall have no idea how crazy and hype this show got week to week
SASEGEWO SASAGEWO SHINZO SASAGEWO

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I spent a lot of time this week yelling variants of "Oh poo poo" and "GFDI" at the screen. Hange really needs someone more adept in treachery.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Over the course of the series they've lost too many members of the Erwin/Mike/Hange/Moblit/Levi superteam.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Over the course of the series they've lost too many members of the Erwin/Mike/Hange/Moblit/Levi superteam.

Levi and Hange are currently the only scouts still active from the time before Erwin's tenure as commander. It's a job with a pretty high turnover rate.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This loving show, I swear. God drat.

I lol'd and was all "wtf" when Eren just casually strolled into frame.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Conspiratiorist posted:

And Levi is now in serious trouble. The other guards at the camp were definitely drinking that wine. He's about to get jumped by 30-ish titans and Zeke.

Edit: haha yeah. I was like "oh, Eren's here. Wait, what?!"

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Suds McBoo posted:

And Levi is now in serious trouble. The other guards at the camp were definitely drinking that wine. He's about to get jumped by 30-ish titans and Zeke.

Edit: haha yeah. I was like "oh, Eren's here. Wait, what?!"

Yep there were lots of shots of them drinking that wine while guarding him. He's completely surrounded and he doesn't even know it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Asuron posted:

Yep there were lots of shots of them drinking that wine while guarding him. He's completely surrounded and he doesn't even know it.

We're long overdue for a crazy action scene of Levi obliterating titans.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Even though I don't know what Eren goals are, I think it is safe to assume that keeping Armin and Mikasa safe is one of them. To that end I hope that next episode Eren finally gives some straight answers when he talks to them.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Brutakas posted:

Even though I don't know what Eren goals are, I think it is safe to assume that keeping Armin and Mikasa safe is one of them. To that end I hope that next episode Eren finally gives some straight answers when he talks to them.

well his lackeys almost blew them up, so...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This dude..

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope it becomes a meme, it's so loving hilarious.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

I hope it becomes a meme, it's so loving hilarious.

It became a bit of a meme in the manga, at least.

Floch's a piece of poo poo, but man. He's a fun piece of poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The radicalization of Floch is fascinating. I wonder what he'd say if you'd ask him about Erwin now.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

He'd probably say that Erwin always did what needed be done and would be on their side.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Say what you want about Floch but he sure isn’t a coward anymore.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

bees x1000 posted:

I don't know about that.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

He never really was though? He just didn’t want to charge into certain death that he only escaped by a miracle chance

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I do like how Falco wised up super quick and is able to read people. Like hey Gabi, maybe dont brag about murking dudes to this guy. Even from a few episodes ago from when he was confused with Eren.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I half expect Eren's next line to be something like "Hey. Cart titan's outside. You want her power, Gabi?"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

teagone posted:

The radicalization of Floch is fascinating. I wonder what he'd say if you'd ask him about Erwin now.

Floch is just absolutely giddy with glee that he's no longer just some nameless grunt, but someone who's present when the shots are called, knows who gets to live and die. He has some powerful new friends and he wants people to know that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

teagone posted:

That Erwin was the devil they needed, but he's dead. Luckily, somebody picked up the pitchfork in his place.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...i9yd0sunl61.mp4

Stole this from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/attackontitan/comments/lzy6f1/episode_13_spoilers_eren_brings_some_mcd/

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm hyped for all the high stakes talking about to happen.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

BigMac on Frytan

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Need an edit of Zeke throwing Big Macs at Erwin and company during their death charge.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

:perfect:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

teagone posted:

I read this before I watched the episode. So, I knew it was coming, and I still WTF'd at my screen. The timing was perfect for taking advantage of where your attention was directed before slapping you over the face. This loving show.

That was like three episodes of content jammed into one. :psyduck:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 9, 2021

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

teagone posted:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:vince:

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

teagone posted:

This had extreme "I'm the Armored Titan, he's the Colossal" vibes.

I loved it.

This whole episode built up such amazing tension in me and watching Gabi finally confront how similar the struggles the 'devils' in Paradis are to her own, and having it all spelled out to her by a Marleyan, of all people it could have been, was just great. You can at least see that she's having a giant schism inside while this is going on. And the small acts of compassion that keep her alive instead of immediate execution are absolutely messing with her worldview of how she thinks these situations should be handled in her own country, never mind as a foreign invader... It's so good.

I can't wait to see how things develop from here.

My housemate was convinced this season would conclude the story but he's read ahead in the manga (and told me nothing) and he's now accepted that there will be another season. It has taken him way too long to work this out and accept it though. I forgive him but if we all have to wait like 2 years for the next installment imma be annoyed.

I'm also going to go read all the manga and hope I'm done before the next episode. The temptation is too strong, and I'm on holiday from work in a fuckin lockdown.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Literally wrote my last post without seeing this but 100% yes.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Budgie posted:

My housemate was convinced this season would conclude the story but he's read ahead in the manga (and told me nothing) and he's now accepted that there will be another season. It has taken him way too long to work this out and accept it though. I forgive him but if we all have to wait like 2 years for the next installment imma be annoyed.

I'm also going to go read all the manga and hope I'm done before the next episode. The temptation is too strong, and I'm on holiday from work in a fuckin lockdown.

It's most likely going to be a Final Season - Part 2 situation like Season 3 was; I wouldn't expect more than 3-6 months between them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Stupid Floch.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Budgie posted:

Post your impressions in the manga thread please.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

RubberLuffy posted:

Post your impressions in the manga thread please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Sure, when I catch up the hundred plus chapters of the manga.