Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Milosh posted:

You know this is going on ad infinitum.

Yawgmoft posted:

I don't think Q is going anywhere.

Yeah, if they lose it's time to start the mid-term push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1320353720132128768

"We failed to contain the virus, so we're not going to even try anymore" is a helluva closing message.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do you think the Hunter Biden stuff stops after the election? Or are they going to just keep doing this for four more years?

It’ll get drowned out by the right still foaming at the mouth talking about Hillary, but hell, the they still bring up goddamn Vince Foster on occasion, so I imagine even 20 years from now we will still be hearing about Hunter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The big questions is how much of the Q poo poo is seeping into the younger generations and how much of it seems reserved for the already lovely Boomers just getting more insane and radicalized. I suspect it’s almost entirely the latter which does not bode well for the GOP long term because it ultimately doesn’t change any of the political calculus.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Was going to post this in the Covid thread but it's really more relevant to the US.

So how does everyone see things going when (hopefully) President Biden starts instituting new Covid restrictions? Half the country straight up refuses to wear masks or practice any form of social distancing. It's already a ridiculous front in the culture war and he's not even in office, literally any movement he makes towards restrictions is going to trigger conservatives into foaming at the mouth and on the off chance he significantly ups enforcement the endless anti-federal government victim hood is going to be insufferable, not mention the guys running around who are about a step away from openly acting like they're in the middle of Red Dawn.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:q:

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1320329460734971904?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In retrospect, normalizing protofascists having their own flag was probably a bad idea.

https://twitter.com/jeffsharlet/status/1320189238214799360?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

In retrospect, normalizing protofascists having their own flag was probably a bad idea.

It’s literally the socially acceptable Confederate Flag.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

-Blackadder- posted:

Was going to post this in the Covid thread but it's really more relevant to the US.

So how does everyone see things going when (hopefully) President Biden starts instituting new Covid restrictions? Half the country straight up refuses to wear masks or practice any form of social distancing. It's already a ridiculous front in the culture war and he's not even in office, literally any movement he makes towards restrictions is going to trigger conservatives into foaming at the mouth and on the off chance he significantly ups enforcement the endless anti-federal government victim hood is going to be insufferable, not mention the guys running around who are about a step away from openly acting like they're in the middle of Red Dawn.

It would have been hard for President Hilary to enforce a mask mandate. After Trump, I think President Biden would have an equally difficult task. People might be more willing to listen to Biden, but you also have Trump-supporters who will refuse since Trump is against masks.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

-Blackadder- posted:

Even if Biden wins, every step he takes will be ruled unconstitutional.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fearless posted:

I'm not an Indigenous person, so it's the sort of thing a guy wants to get right. The core of what I posted is true: a person can be Indigenous through a variety of avenues without belonging to a First Nation.

And most importantly, there are over 600 individual First Nations in Canada with a truly remarkable degree of diversity in cultural practices, spiritual traditions and worldviews. While many Indigenous people share common experiences, there is no one monolithic Indigenous culture.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for editing your post because you wanted to get it right, but the First Nations thing was new info for me and I appreciated seeing it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
An impressive tactical maneuver in the war on Christmas:

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidenrich/status/1320357481110003717

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1320355454715822080

Jesus Christ this interview is a disaster

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Fearless posted:

I'm not an Indigenous person, so it's the sort of thing a guy wants to get right. The core of what I posted is true: a person can be Indigenous through a variety of avenues without belonging to a First Nation.

And most importantly, there are over 600 individual First Nations in Canada with a truly remarkable degree of diversity in cultural practices, spiritual traditions and worldviews. While many Indigenous people share common experiences, there is no one monolithic Indigenous culture.

I took a course on wrongful convictions in 3L and one of the people in my class did a paper on the concept of an alternate court system for First Nations people.

She must not have discussed this with anyone or given it any serious thought before writing it - the prof eviscerated the idea inside of like one question in class after she'd written it, something about the logistics: how are you going to get a judge specific to the person on trial's First Nation, given the number of First Nation communities in the country. It was just unpleasant to behold.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

Honestly, this is where I always came down on it. You have here a band of flag humpers that are all Joe Good American and yet they seem to think blacking out the American flag and putting a blue stripe on it to hump cops is OK too? The US flag is 13 red and white stripes, and a blue field with 50 stars in the top left. Period, end of story. Any of this other bullshit is some other country's flag, not the US. The official Flag Code is pretty drat clear about this. I love how they're deep, patriotic America lovers until it suits them to diverge from that. Hypocrites.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah and that's bullshit. It deserves to be called out as such.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Yawgmoft posted:

I don't think Q is going anywhere.

If trump has a wipe out he'll becomes person non-grata with the GOP/fox, I think you'll see it die down a lot. Sure the Q crowd will make excuses to why trump lost, but a big part of Q is that trump is controlling everything from behind the scenes. Once he's no longer president they'll become less vocal and tune out of Q. Conservatives hate a loser.

Maybe they'll move on to other bullshit. But a lot of Q is tribalism/cult of personality based, and with that central totem gone, a lot of the passion will go.

Not to say there isn't some danger from the Q fringes if trump loses between election day and the next Biden being sworn in, but after that I just don't see it sustaining.

Medullah posted:

Yeah, if they lose it's time to start the mid-term push.

Centered around who? Trump won't give a poo poo about the mid-terms, and GOP running won't want the support of a loser which would just piss him off further.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 25, 2020

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Meadows is making his case exactly the same way Republican voters do: blustering, fumbling, and lying.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Paracaidas posted:

An impressive tactical maneuver in the war on Christmas:

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidenrich/status/1320357481110003717

I swear to the gods they're intentionally doing this. Just, "if we gently caress up too many times, they can't report on it all!"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

What a bad interview, shameful. The president doesn’t care how many people die or who gets sick, great thing to say in the closing days of the election while your opponent is talking about his plan to get out of this mess and re-open the economy and schools etc. The smoothest of brains on display.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

dr_rat posted:

If trump has a wipe out he'll becomes person non-grata with the GOP/fox, I think you'll see it die down a lot. Sure the Q crowd will make excuses to why trump lost, but a big part of Q is that trump is controlling everything from behind the scenes. Once he's no longer president they'll become less vocal and tune out of Q. Conservatives hate a loser.

Maybe they'll move on to other bullshit. But a lot of Q is tribalism/cult of personality based, and with that central totem gone, a lot of the passion will go.

Not to say there isn't some danger from the Q fringes if trump loses between election day and the next Biden being sworn in, but after that I just don't see it sustaining.

Centered around who? Trump won't give a poo poo about the mid-terms, and GOP running won't want the support of a loser which would just piss him off further.

They'll never abandon him, "he was robbed", that's provided he loses, which is a long shot what with the SCOTUS about to radically rewrite election law in the final hour and covid scaring Dems more than the death cultists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TwoQuestions fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 25, 2020

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

TwoQuestions posted:

Even if Biden wins, every step he takes will be ruled unconstitutional.

This. Everything Biden tries to do to stop covid will be sued and blocked by the supreme court. Contact tracing will absolutely be struck down on free speech grounds and the mask mandate and any national mandated shutdowns will be struck down based on the tenth amendment. I'm pretty sure Michigan state supreme court stuck down either the shut downs or the mask mandate. Edit: they just struck down her emergency powers entirely, basically the extension of the powers, so its kind of the same thing.

That will *really* make people keen on court packing.

Meatball fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 25, 2020

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
The NYT is up to the same poo poo again, front page article about how good Trump is with the economy. They even printed this farce “ Trump has "completely moved the Republican Party away from reducing Social Security and Medicare spending".

I don’t want to link to the article but here’s a takedown of it

https://mobile.twitter.com/LarryGli...r%3D485lastpost

They just loving can’t help themselves can they?

Glumwheels fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 25, 2020

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

If Trump loses, does he immediately go into "fundraising for 2024" with even more rallies or does he wait until February?

(Gotta raise money for his legal defense fund somehow.)

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
NYT: "Yes, it's a bottomless pit, but look how cleverly the illusionist has draped the rug over it! You wouldn't even know it's a deathtrap!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quinton posted:

If Trump loses, does he immediately go into "fundraising for 2024" with even more rallies or does he wait until February?

He’ll launch a big series of scams, probably transition full time to OANN news, beg for donations to his own super pac or whatever, and spend the rest of his life fighting lawsuits and attempts to jail him.

I’m predicting trump branded mega churches in Florida, personally.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Quinton posted:

I think it'll be similar to how Resistance Twitter was post-2016. They spent the two months between the election and inauguration thinking of Rube Goldberg like plans that would result in Trump not being inaugurated due to faithless electors and the marshal of the supreme court, etc.

Then inauguration will happen and they'll start with the grifting rallies immediately after but I don't think turnout will be anything remotely close to what the woman's march was due to COVID and like 60% of the country either not giving a gently caress or not buying into it.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
Isn’t it more accurate to say Trump just hasn’t cut anything because he hasn’t DONE anything, isn’t interested in governing, and hasn’t had the house for two years.

You can’t really look at nothing happening and go, well, there it is, it’s his platform. I mean, in general nothing happening legislatively is the platform, but don’t give him credit for it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
2020 going well

https://twitter.com/ferrisjabr/status/1320140155387142144?s=20

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

TwoQuestions posted:

They'll never abandon him, "he was robbed", that's provided he loses, which is a long shot what with the SCOTUS about to radically rewrite election law in the final hour and covid scaring Dems more than the death cultists.

All this bullshit about Covid scaring Dems more than Republicans is utter bullshit. Most of the Dems are poorer and minority workers who are already exposed to it at their jobs and will probably find voting safer than what they do every day. Those in the suburbs have tons of options from absentee or mail in voting and lots of polling places same as every other election year. And every Dem I’ve talked to has used variations of the phrase ‘crawl across broken Covid-covered glass’ to describe how eager they are to vote against Trump, even the super careful still sheltering in place and disinfecting their groceries ones.

Covid is not going to depress Dem turnout. Voter suppression will depress Dem turnout, and even that is going to have to be super extra this year to be as effective as times past because those 8 hour lines are everywhere.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

insta posted:

Can I just say I'm really disappointed in how much COVID phoned it in with president dumbass?

There was no way the lardass in chief was gonna die from it. If there's one thing the US does stupid well it's medicate the gently caress out of anything the president might get. He had access to everything and anything including blood sacrifices if need be.
The doctors could have told the Secret Service he had as much chance of surviving it with a voodoo witch doctor as much as any medication they could give him and within two hours there'd be a plane load of witch doctors fresh from New Orleans

Glumwheels posted:

Imagine all he had to do was come up with a plan other than “open it up and let er rip!”. I can’t figure out why he did nothing, stupidity or arrogance?

No one I know wants to sends their kids off to school or go back to the office.

Because he's a lazy fucker that always, ALWAYS had lackies to do what he wanted. He just sat there and sucked up the credit when poo poo was good and blamed the underlings when poo poo went bad. Now he has to actually do poo poo and take the consequences good or bad. Better to not put forth the effort for a potential fail you'll have to own when he can just let poo poo run its merry course and blame everyone and thing else

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 25, 2020

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

JonathonSpectre posted:

NYT: "Yes, it's a bottomless pit, but look how cleverly the illusionist has draped the rug over it! You wouldn't even know it's a deathtrap!"

Why do they do this? I generally don't get it. I know a lot of people in this thread poo poo on the NYT, educate me as to what their game plan is here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

There was no way the lardass in chief was gonna die from it. If there's one thing the US does stupid well it's medicate the gently caress out of anything the president might get. He had access to everything and anything including blood sacrifices if need be.
The doctors could have told the Secret Service he had as much chance of surviving it with a voodoo witch doctor as much as any medication they could give him and within two hours there'd be a plane load of witch doctors fresh from New Orleans

If Trump had caught it back in the Spring he would have died. The only thing that saved him was the ridiculous poo poo that didn’t exist until recently that they threw into his body at the first onset of symptoms.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

DaveWoo posted:

"We failed to contain the virus, so we're not going to even try anymore" is a helluva closing message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtUCUM9yCU

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Sounds fun.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1320363966816727041

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, "What do you have to lose?" Well, 220,000 Americans, for starters.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It looks like what you'd see in a cheap alternate universe take of Fascist America.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DaveWoo posted:

You can see in his eyes that he knows that what he is saying is bullshit and that Trumps probably hosed. But lol he sold his soul cheap. https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1320357043442749441 I mean look at this poo poo.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Trump had caught it back in the Spring he would have died. The only thing that saved him was the ridiculous poo poo that didn’t exist until recently that they threw into his body at the first onset of symptoms.

Yeah, it sounds like the experimental antibodies they shot him up with may have done the trick. The only silver lining is, because he never started producing his own antibodies, he'll have no natural immunity in a month or two and could easily get it again.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The Civil Connstitution of the Claus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

DynamicSloth posted:

It looks like what you'd see in a cheap alternate universe take of Fascist America.

So, America.